International More War!!

At that cost? Completely insane.

So they should let the drones hit the ships instead?
Also it now seems they use a gun stead to a lot lower cost.

All of this fantasy presupposes any of these places give a shit about the Houthis, but they don't.

No one is coming to the Houthi's aid just like no one is coming to aid Hamas.

No one on Earth is going to launch nukes for the Houthi's sake. Just relax. This isn't Call of Duty.

If anything, China is one of the main beneficiaries of the Red Sea trade routes. They want us to take care of the problem for them.
Agree. And you are probably right.

But Iran might care about the Houthis because they are currently not fans of America or Israel and this is getting close to home for them.

Getting Iran involved would complicate things and could draw someone else in.

Agree. And you are probably right.

But Iran might care about the Houthis because they are currently not fans of America or Israel and this is getting close to home for them.

Getting Iran involved would complicate things and could draw someone else in.

Iran is already as involved as they will ever be and if they try to get more involved there will not be a single Iranian military or civilian vessel on the sea.

Like everyone else on the planet, they are incapable of long range military operations while the United States navy still exists.

Are you just LARPing as someone who has no upper threshold for how much shooting down a drone should cost?

Gotta love America. Involved in a war for just about every year that they've ever existed. Total crock of shit.

I would think that should the trend continue large commercial vessels will start equipping some kind of anti-drone guns. Just like they started having armed mercenaries when hijackings started happening.

Reactions: lsa
Are you just LARPing as someone who has no upper threshold for how much shooting down a drone should cost?

No I really wanna know.
So if a drone is launched toward your ship, you should let it hit because the missile cost too much?

I would think that should the trend continue large commercial vessels will start equipping some kind of anti-drone guns. Just like they started having armed mercenaries when hijackings started happening.

But would that be legal?
I mean its quite heavy guns.
I think we will be "stock" with navies controlling the area.

Or tie big balloons to the ships.
Like the ones during WWII
7978264_orig.jpg

But would that be legal?
I mean its quite heavy guns.
I think we will be "stock" with navies controlling the area.

Or tie big balloons to the ships.
Like the ones during WWII
7978264_orig.jpg

Thousands of merchant vessels were armed during WW2 with 3-6 inch guns and anti-aircraft armaments.

If there is a need these restrictions will be relaxed.

They also don't need to have a military grade Phalanx CIWS to shoot down RV drones. This could be done with a much simpler gun.

Reactions: lsa
Fuck them they were warned.

As long as we don't try some stupid shit like sending in any ground forces.
You don't accomplish shit when you do that.

You just warn them to knock that shit off. Then if they don't you destroy their entire military.

At least Biden or more like who ever is running the country did something.

No I really wanna know.
So if a drone is launched toward your ship, you should let it hit because the missile cost too much?

There's really not any purpose to these questions or being defensive about it.

If someone said to you in real life "that's insane" when they heard the cost per drone, I doubt very much you'd even argue.

99 % of people in your position will just reply "Yeah, it is".

Because it is.

That isn't even to say it's right or wrong, just that... it's insane.

What would the cost be if the drone successfully hit its target? Have you factored that into your analysis?

What's the cost to global shipping just having the threat of drone strikes?

You guys really are boffins lol

Genius!

Blinken is a dumb fuck.

Seems the entire Obiden admin strategy is emboldening our enemies like Iran, China, Russia, even countries like Venezuela and the cartels, to engage with us in endless proxy wars, while destroying the country internally by bringing the in the migrants created by these conflicts and messes.

Makes no sense really.

I accept your concession.

"Yes Mister. It is no longer my consideration that that's an insane amount of money to spend. It is normal. How dare I mock the price. It is the right price. It is good."

Back