• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Always dug this franchise, and the hot chicks don't hurt.

I never saw the TV show. Have tried to 'obtain' it but no luck.

Harry Shum looks like a fairy. Unless Liu Kang is gonna belt out showtunes, hell nah. Rain is not bad but his face isn't quite right.

Iko Uwais is a great choice, only downside is that he's not chinese and doesn't really look chinese.

Its called acting, just because he was on Glee it doesn't mean hes just some dancer, its just a role he took to move up in the industry. He was in the new Crouching Tiger movie as well, so hes already got some experience.

tumblr_nv39avz5mh1sjb91mo1_500.jpg

Crouching-Tiger-Hidden-Dragon-Sword-of-Destiny-3-Harry-Shum-Jr.jpg

crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon-harry-shum-jr-03.jpg

Looks like Liu Kang to me, also Rains face is perfect for Lui Kang IDK what you're talking about. Both Rain and Harry Shum are both crazy ripped too so they have the build for it.

Meanwhile this is Iko Uwais, the guy you think should play Lui Kang, and you're saying he looks more like Lui Kang than the actors I mentioned:
MV5BMTM5OTMwODI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg2ODIyOA@@._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

imang1.jpg

Last edited:
Its called acting, just because he was on Glee it doesn't mean hes just some dancer, its just a role he took to move up in the industry. He was in the new Crouching Tiger movie as well, so hes already got some experience.

tumblr_nv39avz5mh1sjb91mo1_500.jpg

Crouching-Tiger-Hidden-Dragon-Sword-of-Destiny-3-Harry-Shum-Jr.jpg

crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon-harry-shum-jr-03.jpg

Looks like Liu Kang to me, either way both Jason Scott Lee and Rain need to be in this movie in one way or another. Also Rains face is perfect for Lui Kang IDK what you're talking about.
You cant act your way out of not looking as soft and fruity as Harry Shum. He also has zero star power and the new Crouching Tiger was terribad. Why is Rain's face perfect? His features are very korean while liu kang is not. Rain has the fight choreo and English ability but not the right look. You would be a terrible casting director.

You cant act your way out of not looking as soft and fruity as Harry Shum. He also has zero star power and the new Crouching Tiger was terribad. Why is Rain's face perfect? His features are very korean while liu kang is not. Rain has the fight choreo and English ability but not the right look. You would be a terrible casting director.

No you would be a terrible casting director because you fail to have any imagination whatsoever, you see a guy in a musical and assume thats all he is, you see Iko Uwais in a action movie you enjoyed so you think he should be in every martial arts movie with an asian lead. You think in very basic terms.

Koreans look alot more Chinese than Indonesians. And Rain looks 10000x more like Lui Kang thatn Uwais and here you are nitpicking about Rain being "too Korean looking" for Lui Kang, lol.

You seriously think this dude looks more like Lui Kang:
images

4f313e23020e4292acbb158ff1ffbced.jpg

Than this guy?

81e38c8e7588db55330a56db906c05ea.jpg

rain-chocolate-20081012112.jpg

Get some glasses homey.

No you would be a terrible casting director because you fail to have any imagination whatsoever, you see a guy in a musical and assume thats all he is, you see Iko Uwais in a action movie you enjoyed so you think he should be in every martial arts movie with an asian lead. You think in very basic terms.

Koreans look alot more Chinese than Indonesians. And Rain looks 10000x more like Lui Kang thatn Uwais and here you are nitpicking about Rain being "too Korean looking" for Lui Kang, lol.

You seriously think this dude looks more like Lui Kang:
images

4f313e23020e4292acbb158ff1ffbced.jpg

Than this guy?

81e38c8e7588db55330a56db906c05ea.jpg

rain-chocolate-20081012112.jpg

Get some glasses homey.
Uhhh did i not say he would be a great choice if it werent for the fact that he doesnt look chinese? You know in terms of that acting ability u mentioned? I also said Rain is not a bad choice, you seem hung up on that. The biggest issue i had is your choice of Harry Shum, which shows your imagination is full of sugar and powderpuffs, not even to mention that he is a shit actor.

I always want these movies to be Flawless but they usually end up as Humiliations.

Uhhh did i not say he would be a great choice if it werent for the fact that he doesnt look chinese? You know in terms of that acting ability u mentioned? I also said Rain is not a bad choice, you seem hung up on that. The biggest issue i had is your choice of Harry Shum, which shows your imagination is full of sugar and powderpuffs, not even to mention that he is a shit actor.

Hes not that bad of an actor, probably better than Uwais. Besides, its not like you need an oscar winner for Lui Kang. Does Uwais even know how to speak English?

Hugh Jackman started in musicals too and now hes' Wolverine, young actors will take roles to get recognition. No need to typecast them forever.

I'm all for Uwais being in the movie but not as Liu Kang,

I would much rather they did a well done animated series, like theyre doing over at dc comics

Loved the first movie as a kid, however I also like the Mario Bros movie as a kid so my kid opinion probably shouldn't count for anything

Hey man!

Mortal Kombat,Mario Brothers,Street Fighter were some bad ass movies when we were kids lol

• Iko Uwais of "The Raid" fame could be a good Liu Kang if he grew his hair out (or they did a wig).
  • The Mountain should be Shao Khan.
  • Jackie Chan for Shang Tsung.
  • Rachel Ferguson for Sonya Blade.
  • The Rock as Jax.
  • Zac Efron for Johnny Cage.
  • Tom Hiddleston for Raiden.
Hollywood, where's my money?

That would be the latest Mountain, I presume?

Theatre went ballistic when MK voice guy announced "reptile" following the kick to lui Lang through the wall

Always my favorite character.

And idk why people hate on the 2nd movie. I always like it.

I lost my shit when they fought cyrax

If they have human or cyborg smoke in this movie I'll be happy

It wasn't just that movie, but the games that came out around that time were terrible too. Ever played Mortal Kombat: Special Forces (which was released in 2000)? If not, consider yourself lucky.

The game on ps1 where you were just sub zero was the tits

I'm very curious about how they're going to go about this. What kind of tone? Rating? Budget range? The 1st movie was good in a cheesy way but that still could've been handled way better.

Casting at least for the main characters should be handed off to mostly younger unknown actors. I wouldn't mind seeing some action movie vets show up as some of the smaller roles. Donnie yen, Scott Adkins, tiger Chen, tony Jaa, and just for the hell of it get Gina Carano in there

Personally my favorite version of the theme is...

Theatre went ballistic when MK voice guy announced "reptile" following the kick to lui Lang through the wall

I lost my shit when that happened.

Liu Kang = any young and in shape Asian actor with decent martial arts training
Johnny Cage = Bradley Cooper + a minimum of 6 months of martial arts training
Sonya Blade = Katherine Winnick
Raiden = Donnie Fucking Yen (if he isn't involved in this movie in some way shape or form, it'd be a tragedy)
color coded ninjas = fucking anyone who has a high level of martial arts training

Also, none of that Hollywood shaky cam bullshit. I want cinematic, clearly visible, well choreographed fight scenes. If Donnie Yen has anything at all to do with this movie, I'll place my trust in him to keep shit looking perfect.

Last edited:
  • Iko Uwais of "The Raid" fame could be a good Liu Kang if he grew his hair out (or they did a wig).
  • The Mountain should be Shao Khan.
  • Jackie Chan for Shang Tsung.
  • Rachel Ferguson for Sonya Blade.
  • The Rock as Jax.
  • Zac Efron for Johnny Cage.
  • Tom Hiddleston for Raiden.
Hollywood, where's my money?

Liu Kang = any young and in shape Asian actor with decent martial arts training
Johnny Cage = Bradley Cooper + a minimum of 6 months of martial arts training
Raiden = Donnie Fucking Yen (if he isn't involved in this movie in some way shape or form, it'd be a tragedy)
color coded ninjas = fucking anyone who has a high level of martial arts training

Also, none of that Hollywood shaky cam bullshit. I want cinematic, clearly visible, well choreographed fight scenes. If Donnie Yen has anything at all to do with this movie, I'll place my trust in him to keep shit looking perfect.

im down with any of these, just please no Channing Tatum!

(...)

giphy.gif

Also, if they're going younger with Sonya Blade I'll accept Caity Lotz.

Back