Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Theatre went ballistic when MK voice guy announced "reptile" following the kick to lui Lang through the wall

one of my favorite parts of the movie

Donnie yen should be Raiden.

for Lui Kang, any decent looking Asian dude who can call forth a Bruce Lee like performance will do.

scottie Adkins for Kano

cyborg for goro

Theatre went ballistic when MK voice guy announced "reptile" following the kick to lui Lang through the wall

I saw the movie twice on the first weekend, and both times the audience went ballistic at that.

Well, November 2002, close 'nuf.

It wasn't just that movie, but the games that came out around that time were terrible too. Ever played Mortal Kombat: Special Forces (which was released in 2000)? If not, consider yourself lucky.

Last edited:
I saw the movie twice on the first weekend, and both times the audience went ballistic at that.

Mortal kombat was definitely part of what made the 90's special for every kid/teen/young adult.

I remember as a kid I was so excited that my mom was getting super annoyed in the theatre. She even accused me of already seeing it lol because the moment I saw the character on screen, I was calling it out. My dad had to explain to my mom of course it's from the game.

Man what an era to experience

I'd say MK's marketing (the videogames) was targeted towards kids of all ages.

I remember being worried for months that the movie's rating was going to be R, and when I saw the TV commercial with a shortened 30-second trailer I flipped my shit at how awesome it looked, and flipped my shit again at the end when it said PG-13.

I was 12 years old in 1995, and my mom forbid me from seeing R-rated movies.

Fuck 12 year olds.

It wasn't just that movie, but the games that came out around that time were terrible too. Ever played Mortal Kombat: Special Forces (which was released in 2000)? If not, consider yourself lucky.

Never did, and I've only played the main games of the series with the exceptions of Armageddon and VS DC.

Fuck 12 year olds.

la-et-ct-chris-hansen-predator-crowdfunding-20150410

Was always a huge fan of the games and I loved the first movie. Second was crap though.

Hopefully they do it right this time around. The mortal kombat story line has grwat potential to be an awesome flick if it's done properly.

• Iko Uwais of "The Raid" fame could be a good Liu Kang if he grew his hair out (or they did a wig).
  • The Mountain should be Shao Khan.
  • Jackie Chan for Shang Tsung.
  • Rachel Ferguson for Sonya Blade.
  • The Rock as Jax.
  • Zac Efron for Johnny Cage.
  • Tom Hiddleston for Raiden.

Hollywood, where's my money?

Mortal kombat was definitely part of what made the 90's special for every kid/teen/young adult.

I remember as a kid I was so excited that my mom was getting super annoyed in the theatre. She even accused me of already seeing it lol because the moment I saw the character on screen, I was calling it out. My dad had to explain to my mom of course it's from the game.

Man what an era to experience

i love that movie.

the opening scene whan shang tsung kills lukes brother is the coldest shit ive ever seen in a movie

• Iko Uwais of "The Raid" fame could be a good Liu Kang if he grew his hair out (or they did a wig).
  • The Rock as Jax.

I like Rain as Lui Kang.
mountian is a good choice or brock lesnar but maybe not tall enough. Arnold would have been perfect.
jackie or jet lee for shang tsung
sonya blade should be the girl fromknocked up because she looks like the sonya blade from the original movie.
TERRY CREWS FOR JACKS
I like efron in that role, actually perfect.
raiden id go with tom hanks idk why

I went crazy as a kid when i first watched that scene,rooting for the good guys but Reptile was always my boy haha

Cant wait to see the new Reptile.

Last edited:
i love that movie.

the opening scene whan shang tsung kills lukes brother is the coldest shit ive ever seen in a movie

"Your soul..IS MINE"

Fukking A

• The Rock as Jax.
if marvel and DC can have super cast I can't see why mortal kombat couldnt

A younger Jason Scott Lee would have been perfect, he's kinda old now at 50 but he doesnt look that old still, put him on a workout regimen and use makeup/cgi. He's still the only actor that got the essence of Bruce Lee in Dragon.

Or Harry Shum Jr. is another possibility, hes got the looks, he know martial arts and hes got the physique for it. Another possibity is the actor from Ninja Assassin, his name is Rain, limited english but good enough maybe and he looks perfect for the part. Or you can bring in someone new if you scout for a talented young asian actor, theres probably tons of undiscovered talent out there.

But either JSL or Harry Shum would be perfect, Rain would be 3rd choice.
Harry Shum looks like a fairy. Unless Liu Kang is gonna belt out showtunes, hell nah. Rain is not bad but his face isn't quite right.
  • The Rock as Jax.

Iko Uwais is a great choice, only downside is that he's not chinese and doesn't really look chinese.

Loved the first movie as a kid, however I also like the Mario Bros movie as a kid so my kid opinion probably shouldn't count for anything

Would be cool if Robin Shou was still involved somehow.

Back