Most insane training stories you’ve heard?

“In the mornings I would train for about two hours. I would run seven miles; I would do 200 yard hill sprints, I’d go back and jog on the air dyne for 30 minutes and then I would do a half-hour sauna. In the afternoon I would go over technique wrestling. I would wrestle live for an hour and half-two hours, and then I would do conditioning again.

“In the night I would do my plyometrics, my isometrics, my heavyweight training and more conditioning. So I was doing nine to ten hours a day, every single day of the week. I took one day off a month and that was it.”

~ Kurt Angle

Diego being used a punching bag.

Diego%20Sanchez%20i%20Joshua%20Fabia.jpg

Holy fuck I completely forgot about this.
This whole relationship was so odd and disturbing.

I'm glad Diega is away from that guy and seems to be doing better now.

“In the mornings I would train for about two hours. I would run seven miles; I would do 200 yard hill sprints, I’d go back and jog on the air dyne for 30 minutes and then I would do a half-hour sauna. In the afternoon I would go over technique wrestling. I would wrestle live for an hour and half-two hours, and then I would do conditioning again.

“In the night I would do my plyometrics, my isometrics, my heavyweight training and more conditioning. So I was doing nine to ten hours a day, every single day of the week. I took one day off a month and that was it.”

~ Kurt Angle

Dude would have been a monster in MMA

Tito Ortiz the savage trains six days a week... in fact he said, "“I train six days, actually six days a week. Five days a week, I'll train three days a week. One of those days I will train two days of the week. So, six days a week I will be training."

The most insane training story I’ve heard (and I’d love for someone to confirm or deny this) was that Anderson Silva used to let his training partners literally punch him in the face… purposefully… and one time it was JUNIOR DOS SANTOS that was doing the punching.

that is insane if it’s true. What’s the purpose of this? Lol practicing rolling with punches?

Anyways, your turn!
He was training rolling punches. I remember that video actually. Anderson was the best in mma at rolling punches imo.

Tito Ortiz the savage trains six days a week... in fact he said, "“I train six days, actually six days a week. Five days a week, I'll train three days a week. One of those days I will train two days of the week. So, six days a week I will be training."
<34>

You believe this footage of him training on a baggage belt was significant in him becoming a champion?

Idk I can’t answer that question, only TJ can. But I’m sure he’s doing it for a reason, and the results proved he was doing something right.

Good point, doing that and the same thing on the plane is for sure what made him champ.

Idk maybe, maybe it helped him stay mentally tough. Maybe it’s was a way of keeping his speed/reaction intact or at optimal levels as he travels for a fight.

During sparring session Gamrot broke Masvidal's ribs just like he did to CDF in a fight.
He was KSW double champion - Featherweight and Lightweight who can bang with WW. Guy has potential.

The most insane training story I’ve heard (and I’d love for someone to confirm or deny this) was that Anderson Silva used to let his training partners literally punch him in the face… purposefully… and one time it was JUNIOR DOS SANTOS that was doing the punching.

that is insane if it’s true. What’s the purpose of this? Lol practicing rolling with punches?

Anyways, your turn!

Back