Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord MOD TOOLS RELEASED

I refunded. Modders have achieved much more in less time.

Maybe i'll revisit at some point in the future. Well done to Taleworlds anyway for the huge sales on steam.

Lol they've released a new patch every day since release and literally every game breaking bug I've encountered the first couple days has been fixed. Game is fucking amazing, and even in this buggy early access state it was well worth the wait. Thousand man battles in 4k, never thought I'd see the day. Can only imagine how nuts it will be once fully optimized and modded.

Screenshot-17.png

Last edited:
Lol they've released a new patch every day since release and literally every game breaking bug I've encountered the first couple days has been fixed. Game is fucking amazing, and even in this buggy early access state it was well worth the wait. Thousand man battles in 4k, never thought I'd see the day. Can only imagine how nuts it will be once fully optimized and modded.

Screenshot-17.png
Yeah, they are pumping out patches damn near every day. I think Sunday was the only day without a patch.

In the latest patch, they added a whole crapload of new companions with higher and more varied skills, but they arent showing up in my game, so I think you have to start a new campaign to get them.

So, I decided to check it out. I like the more convenient UI, but right now it feels like Warband + some bells and whistles. It feels like the exact same engine and game, with a new coat of paint. I understand it's early access, and there is still a lot to be added, but it makes me wonder what they've been doing for 10 years. There isn't a camping option, maybe it hasn't been implemented yet. The combat feels fine, although it's much harder to hit enemies while on a horse. My sword keeps going over their head. Also, the characters are *ugly*. I'm thinking the game will be much better when mods are thrown in. I do like how there is an actual main quest/a bit more structure this time, although I'm hoping it's more open ended when things are finished.

Screenshot-17.png

I played like 3000+ hours of Warband, I've put 16 in to Bannerlord. Without the kingdom management the game is completely pointless to me. So I've waited 8 years for a game that is missing the one thing I play it for lmao. Once it gets implemented I'll be all over it tho.

Screenshot-17.png

It needs a lot of optimization, for sure. The modders are helping big time too. I've even seen a voice command mod using this third party program combined with Msoft voice recognition. Crazy.

This is gonna be the real shit. I loved Kingdom Come Deliverance, but when it didn't stay in it's lane and attempted to get more large scale in it's "battles" it's laughable in comparison to this.

The 1.1.0 patch in beta on steam is the business. Made the game 10x better.

Plenty of good easy to add game improving mods as well. I really need that bring a bigger party to Bandit hideout mod.

Best I'd managed before was getting 5 men to the Bandit Boss showdown but we'd always get wrecked in that final fight since we're full of arrows and sword wounds by then.

Plenty of good easy to add game improving mods as well. I really need that bring a bigger party to Bandit hideout mod.

Best I'd managed before was getting 5 men to the Bandit Boss showdown but we'd always get wrecked in that final fight since we're full of arrows and sword wounds by then.
I usually force them to follow me, then whenever we get close to one man, I press charge. Then I get them to follow me again. Luckily with the hideouts, the bandits are usually spread out, so they get overwhelmed. At the end I hope that my men are enough to take down the rest when the "duel" comes. (I don't duel yet, not gud enough :p)

Been playing this more. It's good, but it's still the same M&B. I wish I hadn't put hundreds of hours into Warband, that way I'd be having fun discovering the game mechanics and finding out what works and what doesn't, doing trial and error, etc. Unfortunately, the mechanics in this are the *exact same* as Warband, so the minute I started I already knew what to do. After putting so many hours in Warband, I'm already feeling burned out with Bannerlord. The gameplay loop gets tiring.

For really big hideouts (I have seen 40 bandit ones) you can kill some and retreat for a day with tab. You don't lose anything except time (and any randomly picked scrubs that got pulled in and died if you weren't careful.)

I played like 3000+ hours of Warband, I've put 16 in to Bannerlord. Without the kingdom management the game is completely pointless to me. So I've waited 8 years for a game that is missing the one thing I play it for lmao. Once it gets implemented I'll be all over it tho.

There is kingdom management... you just need to follow the main quest first.

No diplomacy, no real options in it. I've done the main quest line. Other than just going to war there is not a whole lot of management you can do.

No diplomacy, no real options in it. I've done the main quest line. Other than just going to war there is not a whole lot of management you can do.

Yep, I just made my own kingdom, was starting to really get into it and then found out that's where it stops. Absolutely no diplomatic features whatsoever, there are mods but it's still half assed. You can't assign fiefs to your companions, only other clans. The marriage/baby system isn't finished, neither are the perks.

So at this point, I've pretty much played all I can until it's finished. Probably going to wait until then to mess with it again. Like I said earlier, I wish I hadn't put so many hours into Warband. Unlike new players, I don't have any sense of discovery in finding out new game mechanics, doing trial and error, or getting my ass kicked to learn the ropes. It's all the exact same as Warband, so after one run through the campaign, I'm already burnt out.

I'm sure new players who never touched Warband are having a blast right now, though. They'll probably get burned out before it's finished, though.

Yep, I just made my own kingdom, was starting to really get into it and then found out that's where it stops. Absolutely no diplomatic features whatsoever, there are mods but it's still half assed. You can't assign fiefs to your companions, only other clans. The marriage/baby system isn't finished, neither are the perks.

So at this point, I've pretty much played all I can until it's finished. Probably going to wait until then to mess with it again. Like I said earlier, I wish I hadn't put so many hours into Warband. Unlike new players, I don't have any sense of discovery in finding out new game mechanics, doing trial and error, or getting my ass kicked to learn the ropes. It's all the exact same as Warband, so after one run through the campaign, I'm already burnt out.

I'm sure new players who never touched Warband are having a blast right now, though. They'll probably get burned out before it's finished, though.

I never played Warband, but I bought this when a preorder was like 32 bucks or something. I've just sat back on the game, giving it time.

So I picked this up because I was bored during quarantine and this has been one of my most anticipated games for years. I figured I'd wait a while for the obvious bugs to be worked out. Well its been out a month and a half now and i'm still encountering bugs and typos in the first area of the game, during the first hour of playing. In literally my first attempt at a quest, I went to a village and talked to the guy there. He asked me to defend pastures for a group of herders and next thing I know a large group of villagers is about to attack me and if I engage it will kick off a war with the same faction that gave me the quest. This is extremely disappointing for a game 8 years in the making. These guys are showing themselves to be the Bethesda of indie devs, relying on the modding community to make their game great.

1.4.1 beta has added more Kingdom mechanics, including the ability to start a Kingdom without completing the main quest line.

Former UFC MW champ Robert Whittaker has been playing Bannerlord lately.

The game itself doesn't work without mods, though. It's been over a month since the last update, and fans are getting restless.

TBH I've completely lost hope in it lol. They're doing a "code refractor" right now. But I doubt the game will ever be as complete as Warband felt.

TBH I've completely lost hope in it lol. They're doing a "code refractor" right now. But I doubt the game will ever be as complete as Warband felt.

Will take a few more years. These devs suck. They lucked into creating an addicting gameplay loop and have done nothing since then.

Will take a few more years. These devs suck. They lucked into creating an addicting gameplay loop and have done nothing since then.

I mean even the first game was buoyed by mods, even early in its development.

I played the samurai mod and lord of the rings mod, never the base game.

I mean even the first game was buoyed by mods, even early in its development.

I played the samurai mod and lord of the rings mod, never the base game.
I got tired of waiting on Bannerlord, so I uninstalled it and went back to Warband. I played Viking Conquest (the best story-wise), Prophesy of Pendor and Bannerpage. Came back to check the Taleworld forums, and there are still no updates. Some of the mods are legit though, like DiplomacyFixes and BannerTweaks, etc.

Back