Movies that would never be greenlit today due to pc Culture

Has PC culture change the film for the worst

• Total voters
I remember a time when the religious right used to be the ones who were trying to cancel everything with their holier than thou bullshit. Turns out the lot of them were a bunch of fucking hypocrites and basically gave people a bad taste in their mouths when it came to evangelicals.

Back then, If you didnt like what you heard on the radio, change the damn station. If you didnt like what you saw on TV, change the damn channel

Now we live in this strange world where we all have to figure out what the sensitive tyrant overlords will be offended by and cancel it before they cancel us.

No one is allowed to just say go fuck yourself anymore and push the damn boundaries, everyone tries to govern each other like there are some woke overlords gonna come for you and brand you as a racist or sexist or republican or whatever tf pisses people off atm and banish you to live in a Mississippi mobile home hooked on meth for the rest of your life.

I'm getting so tired of this bullshit

Seriously, the whole reason why movies were so shocking and explicit in the 90s is in response to the right’s cancel culture. Now it’s come full circle, which is bizarre to me. I remember leftists used to laugh at right wingers for saying video games, tv, and music can influence young children to make bad decisions, so they need to be censored.

Now they’re saying that video games TV and music can encourage children to make that decisions, So they need to be censored. lol

Pulp fiction wouldn't be made today
You just maybe don't have the white characters saying the n-word with a hard r for seemingly no reason. Doesn't really change the plot of the film. And it would make less sense now than it did back then. Even back then it wasn't really realistic for some white dork like QT to say that shit to a stone cold killer like Julius. It's not central to the plot like say the older guy/young girl thing in American Beauty. It can still easily be made with a few minor tweaks.

Per the poll, not sure if I should vote. I feel it's commercial considerations and the Chinese market that's ruined Hollywood more than anything. Not sure if there's a poll option that really describes my opinion.

You just maybe don't have the white characters saying the n-word with a hard r for seemingly no reason. Doesn't really change the plot of the film. And it would make less sense now than it did back then. Even back then it wasn't really realistic for some white dork like QT to say that shit to a stone cold killer like Julius. It's not central to the plot like say the older guy/young girl thing in American Beauty. It can still easily be made with a few minor tweaks.
I swear QT did that as a power move

Like quentin tarantino said, bullshit.

You can make any movie you like.

No way Blazing Saddles gets the go-ahead today.
Just saw it, unedited no less, the other week. Never thought I would see it that way again.

Pretty much all of Mel Brooks movies wouldn't be green lit, as they were written originally, today.

Most comedies from the late 70's and early 80's would have a hard time.

I don't remember anything in rush hour being offensive to Asians, in fact, the one scene I think Iwouldn't fly today is this

Jackie balked at doing that scene. He didn't want to say it, tucker and the black extras told him it was OK and made him do it

I'm pretty sure something as benign as Juwanna Mann would be completely verboten these days, and it sure as hell wouldn't be pitched as a comedy.

Pretty funny to me that people get super upset about white collar crime Depicted in the Wolf of Wall Street, but then glamorize Goodfellas, which literally had people murdering others for profit
ppl who get upset by either are snowflakes

no dead :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: storage tho

yea i dont think the ending with A is offensive
Depends on what crowd your in. I used to hang with a bunch of ghetto black dudes and natives from the rez back in the day, we were at this crazy ass hotel party, everyone was drunk as shit, I was smoking weed and dropped the, good shit, N with an A.

Literally the whole place went quiet and I thought I was dead as fuck. Then they laughed and made me keep smoking. If it was anything malicious though, you aint getting away with it as a whitey.

Back