Movies that would never be greenlit today due to pc Culture

Has PC culture change the film for the worst

• Total voters
Came to post Blazing Saddles, but I'd also add Animal House for hazing and pushing the drunk girl in the training bra home in a grocery cart. I'm so glad I grew up in an era where people could laugh at themselves without becoming offended.

The way it's going, even expendables wont be greenlit in a few years unless they include 50% badass females in the team.

I wouldn’t know but it’s a helluva performance and his accent seems spot on to me. We would have really missed out.

IIRC Pacino came up with yayo was not a common term for coke until Scarface. It's debated whether they came up with the term during the movie. Since Scarface was released it is now a commonly used term.

I generally hate remakes but I'd be up for a black or Asian version of Fight Club. I want Terry Crews playing Tyler Durden. Particularly looking forward to the 'corn flour blue shirt' scene.

They would still make everything, just make the main offending character black, or the persecuted character white.
For Instance:
The Toy starring Richard Prior. Totally offensive slavery tones. The family would now be black and the Richard Prior Character would be Brian Cranston.

I remember a time when the religious right used to be the ones who were trying to cancel everything with their holier than thou bullshit. Turns out the lot of them were a bunch of fucking hypocrites and basically gave people a bad taste in their mouths when it came to evangelicals.

Back then, If you didnt like what you heard on the radio, change the damn station. If you didnt like what you saw on TV, change the damn channel

Now we live in this strange world where we all have to figure out what the sensitive tyrant overlords will be offended by and cancel it before they cancel us.

No one is allowed to just say go fuck yourself anymore and push the damn boundaries, everyone tries to govern each other like there are some woke overlords gonna come for you and brand you as a racist or sexist or republican or whatever tf pisses people off atm and banish you to live in a Mississippi mobile home hooked on meth for the rest of your life.

I'm getting so tired of this bullshit

Yea all those casual or funny rape scenes from the 80s movies are off limits now. And anytime a character is pretending to be some other type of person for comedy you are going to be dealing mostly with stereotypes. And stereotypical humor is considered mean by today’s Hollywood.

I think most of you got it all wrong. The stuff that wouldn't get greenlit would be stuff considered rape now says but was treated as comedy in the past. In Revenge of the Nerds, a nerd dressed up as Darth vader pretends to be a girl's bf and has sex with her. Trickster rape sex. In Meet the Applegates, there is a full on rape scene and it is treated as a joke. I am sure Porky's and the like had similar "jokes" that wouldn't be laughed at nowdays. Stuff like that would just fall flat nowdays.

The whole plot of the new Coming 2 America is that Prince Hakeem (Eddie Murphy) got date raped and the raping was "comedic" and no one really had a problem with it.

I think it's because he's a male though and those aren't taken as seriously.

I don't remember anything in rush hour being offensive to Asians, in fact, the one scene I think Iwouldn't fly today is this

The entire movie is Chris Tucker mocking Jackie Chan and Chinese people.

If I'm not mistaken, a few months ago (at the height of the Stop Asian hate movement) they were putting disclaimers at the beginning of the Rush Hour television broadcasts.

If it's a short-lived trend that'll blow over then maybe they'd still make it.

I’ve been going on a 90s and 2000s movie binge Recently, and man I really miss cinema in these decades. Its become pretty obvious what movies would be difficult to be released today due to not meeting certain quotas or being too politically insensitive. Some of them might actually surprise you. What movies do you think wouldn’t be greenlight if they were attempted to be released today?

off the top of my head:
-wedding crashers
-tropic thunder
-fight club
-American Beauty
-American Psycho
-American Pie
-Van Wilder
-The Wolf of Wall Street
-Taxi Driver
-American History X
-Mrs Doubtfire
-White Chicks
Apart from Mrs Doubtfire, why don't you think any of them would make it? I haven't seen all of them, but I see no isssue with alot of them.

The movie swat with Sam Jackson. I made a thread about it a couple weeks ago. It sort of glorifies police brutality and aggression in a way

The entire movie is Chris Tucker mocking Jackie Chan and Chinese people.

If I'm not mistaken, a few months ago (at the height of the Stop Asian hate movement) they were putting disclaimers at the beginning of the Rush Hour television broadcasts.

If it's a short-lived trend that'll blow over then maybe they'd still make it.
Wtf

Topic Thunder
16 Candles
Revenge of the nerds
Aristocats
Dumbo
Mrs. Doubtfire
Juwanna Man
All Rush Hour movies
Kindergarten Cop

I disagree about American History X and White Chicks.

The former, because racism stories are okay as long as they show redemption, it wasn't like the movie was makking fun at minority groups.

The latter because it is making fun of white women, and you're allowed to make fun of the dominant/power group. I mean, you can make fun of other groups too but the name can't be as blatant... "Black Chicks" would never pass, you'd have to name it something else but could still include stereotypes... *cough* Girl's Trip *cough*
I agree with white chicks but not American history x. A lot of the younger generation out there today can't even stomach that film. It's too disturbing for them

What casual/funny rape scenes?
Stuff that's already been mentioned here like 16 candles and revenge of the nerds. Those were comedies that had young men casually take advantage of young ladies by concealing their identity or having sex with an unconscious person. It was also a common trope to peek in on locker rooms in comedy movies going back to Animal House. Porky's and Revenhe of the Nerds both did a version of this.

The current trend of making big productions woke-compliant is making them lame as fuck. As soon as I see that they went out of their way to put black women in authority roles I sort of disconnect. Not because I have anything against black women, but because it is forced and lame.

The worst is when they shoehorn diversity into historial roles, e.g. black and brown people by the spades in a setting like medieval Europe <KingstonFrown>

a movie about a group of friends who were secretly fucking a horse after band practice was literally released last year.

you can stop checking under your bed for the pc culture boogeyman before bedtime now.

People aren't offended by that as much as they are by scary words and meaningless, but edgy jokes. That much is true.

Scarface-GQ-24May16_rex_b.jpg

Twitter would lose it’s fucking mind today over an Italian guy from New York playing a Cuban
Nah it happens all the time actually and genetically they aren't that different. A lighter complected cuban like tony is gonna be of mostly southern European heritage just like an Italian

Christ, more ree'ing about "TEH SJWWWWWZ ARE RUINING MUH MOVIES!". This shit is getting old.

Sure, Blazing Saddles might not get greenlit today, but mostly because it isn't nearly as transgressive now as it was when it was made. On the other hand, something like Jojo Rabbit absolutely wouldn't have been made 40 years ago.
lol so you complain about people stating that SJWs are ruining movies, then admit SJWs are ruining movies in there same post.

next level cuckoldry in this post

Back