News My Cali Sherbros.

My thoughts from Oregon and the rest of the Pacific Northwest....

giphy_(96).gif

I just watched a news clip about the heavy rains in California especially those in Sol. Cal. I hope everything things O.K. for you guys. Not sure how long it will last.

in terms of the amount of rain that poured, it wasn't very much. it caused a lot of problems and damage because it doesn't rain here often. the water floats above the land and causes flooding because the land is so dry. in areas where the land is used to rain, it simply soaks it in.

They'll chew right through that expansion foam quick as you please, just an FYI, Ive had lots of experience dealing with them little hell beasts and expansion foam never stops em
Oh yeah using steel mesh on the mice gaps for sure. Foam is just for gaps for heat efficiency

Man, the sun was out earlier and I was thinking about going for a nice run. The weather is always the best right after a rain.I said, "I'll go at night." And sure enough, the rain started up again. What the hell is this, Seattle or London?

They'll chew right through that expansion foam quick as you please, just an FYI, Ive had lots of experience dealing with them little hell beasts and expansion foam never stops em
They won’t it it’s lined with wire mesh, combo breaker. You want to stop the air escape so they wont attack that area. I believe there is rodent level foam, but i haven’t tried that. Stuff the gaps with metal, lock in place with foam.

Today is a beautiful day I’m excited to go out and embrace it. The cities infrastructure was not ready for that amount of rain, it was an absolute shitshow these past handful of days.

I stay up in the hills off Coldwater and the mudslides were wild af. Apparently houses built pre-2018 aren’t up to the new code for the rainfall and mud up here in the hills. Many of my friends and neighbors houses got pretty fucked up. Everything was cool at my spot thankfully. No leaks and only mudslides that occurred were further down the property.

it definitely rained harder last year but this is the first time in recent memory when it rained this consistent for this long. I had to put up new rain gutters on saturday and Im glad I did, even if it fucked my neck up something fierce.

So there was a nest of fucking rats in the ceiling. Fiancée made me capture them and now I have to get a live catch trap to catch the momma rat…

Water intrusion looks like it’s from some rotted roof joist/facia board. Not looking forward to having to get that fixed but I’m not getting my ass on a ladder on the roof.

So now I’m day two into my repairs, still cutting out damaged drywall and removing attic insulation to replace.

So there was a nest of fucking rats in the ceiling. Fiancée made me capture them and now I have to get a live catch trap to catch the momma rat…

Water intrusion looks like it’s from some rotted roof joist/facia board. Not looking forward to having to get that fixed but I’m not getting my ass on a ladder on the roof.

So now I’m day two into my repairs, still cutting out damaged drywall and removing attic insulation to replace.
You need to get yourself a few Mexicans at Home Depot

Back