Name your favourite K1 era kickboxer and 1 thing you would improve in their game.

Mark Hunt, sometimes I wonder if he added a good lowkick to his arsenal how much better he would of been.
With the tree trunk legs he had probably would of made it easier to hit his knockout punches
Excellent.
Mark Hunt is in my top 5.
I was also frustrated at his lack of low kicks.

I am a big guy and checking the kicks of guys with legs like Hunto always makes me hesitant. That heavy and big can do damage very quickly.

Good for him. I wish him only the best. Though it would have been nice to see him win an a-class title in thia or kickboxing before he switched to boxing full-time.
Yeah that would’ve been cool and the switch probably would’ve been a bigger deal if he made a name for himself in the sport of kickboxing first.
He looked like a decent (youth) KB prospect, though I would argue it’s for the better of his boxing career that he transitioned this early in his career, like 3 years ago.
He also has good connections with Peter Fury etc. , so that’ll help him to get in the picture too

upload_2022-9-21_15-24-53.jpeg

K1 is still going so I'd say Takeru and give him the ability to deal with a jab

If Bernardo had a better kicking game he would've been unstoppable.
Give him a well rounded skill set of kicks and knees/ clinch to go with his boxing and we could have been talking about him as the potential goat.

Give him a well rounded skill set of kicks and knees/ clinch to go with his boxing and we could have been talking about him as the potential goat.

I don't even think he needs clinch work, if he just threw more snapping low kicks, I almost think that's enough. With just hands, he floored Aerts, Hug, Stan nearly everyone....

Back