Natural Born Killer on losing popularity/relevance.

I think it's mostly the inactivity and his recent losses.

On the other hand, I personally thought he won against both Hendricks and Lawler, and I think he is a better fighter than Woodley (though I don't know who would have won on that night even if Carlos hadn't blown out his knee).

I like Carlos' fighting style a lot, and from the Countdown shows he's done, he seems to be a grounded and good guy overall. Beats me why he loves Albuquerque so much though.

Why would I give a fuck what the casuals do or what you keep on your mind?

why would you reply in a thread asking why others aren't talking about Condit any more, if you don't care about what others do? There're plenty casuals on Sherdog, if you don't care, don't reply. Simple.

If you're a fight fan you're prob gonna be excited about Condit. It's as simple as that. If he doesn't get you excited, find another sport.

Not true at all. Condit is a fight fan, and Condit himself doesn't get excited about himself fighting in MMA these days. How can you expect fight fans to be excited in him fighting, if he himself isn't?

why would you reply in a thread asking why others aren't talking about Condit any more, if you don't care about what others do? There're plenty casuals on Sherdog, if you don't care, don't reply. Simple.

Not true at all. Condit is a fight fan, and Condit himself doesn't get excited about himself fighting in MMA these days. How can you expect fight fans to be excited in him fighting, if he himself isn't?
No offense but I commented bc your comment was autistic lol. If Condit isn't stirring up shit on tmz you can't get excited for him? I can't not comment on that stupidity when I see it. Condit is saying he's burnt out bc he just got hit with a bad decision in a title fight but I strongly suspect he'll fight again. If the prospect of that doesn't excite you then you should find a new sport.

No offense but I commented bc your comment was autistic lol. If Condit isn't stirring up shit on tmz you can't get excited for him? I can't not comment on that stupidity when I see it.

You said you don't care what casuals do or think. Casuals love TMZ drama, and apparently that gets you so mad you have to resort to name calling. Looks like you care what casuals do very much. Do you like to contradict yourself?

I'm not even talking about TMZ drama, I'm talking about the fact that Condit himself can't get excited about MMA and doesn't know if he's fighting again. If you're a real FIGHT fan, why would you be excited about someone who's no longer FIGHTING anymore? You could well APPRECIATE what he's done in the sport, but that's different from EXCITEMENT.

Condit is saying he's burnt out bc he just got hit with a bad decision in a title fight but I strongly suspect he'll fight again. If the prospect of that doesn't excite you then you should find a new sport.

You strongly suspect that he'll fight again is nothing but your opinion, Condit himself either doesn't know or hasn't confirmed. You're in no position to whine about others not being excited about his potential return when the whole thing is still very much in the air.

By the way, causals are the ones putting the food on the table for the UFC and the fighters alike. The UFC in its current form wouldn't begin to sustain itself with the 150k hardcores, and it's even more the case with more mainstream sports. If you can't deal with casuals, you should just not follow sports period.

who cares? if he signs to fight someone,for sure ill be interested to see it.

Well, that's his problem to deal with, fans want fights, and you can't exactly force them to stay interested in you if you don't even know if you're still fighting. TS isn't talking about people hating him, TS is saying he's rarely talked about these days. Well that's because MMA fans are losing interest, and you can't exactly blame them - Condit seems to be losing interest in the game himself.
/QUOTE] z

I feel for him, some times you just need to be lucky to get ahead in the fight game and he's had his share of bad luck. All the way from joining the UFC as a champion and running into the elusive Martin Kampmann with a game plan, having GSP choose to fight Nick over him, hitting Georges with his foot and not his shin, getting signed to go three rounds with Hendricks rather than five, tearing his ACL mid-fight after his first great win in two years, and losing a title fight most people thought he won by one point. It's gotta be real hard to stay positive and keep grinding every day after 23 years in combat sports, 39 fights, your body slowly breaking down and when shit just keeps happening every time you're ready to make waves.

You said you don't care what casuals do or think. Casuals love TMZ drama, and apparently that gets you so mad you have to resort to name calling. Looks like you care what casuals do very much. Do you like to contradict yourself?

I'm not even talking about TMZ drama, I'm talking about the fact that Condit himself can't get excited about MMA and doesn't know if he's fighting again. If you're a real FIGHT fan, why would you be excited about someone who's no longer FIGHTING anymore? You could well APPRECIATE what he's done in the sport, but that's different from EXCITEMENT.

You strongly suspect that he'll fight again is nothing but your opinion, Condit himself either doesn't know or hasn't confirmed. You're in no position to whine about others not being excited about his potential return when the whole thing is still very much in the air.

By the way, causals are the ones putting the food on the table for the UFC and the fighters alike. The UFC in its current form wouldn't begin to sustain itself with the 150k hardcores, and it's even more the case with more mainstream sports. If you can't deal with casuals, you should just not follow sports period.
I read the first 2 paragraphs but that was way too long bro. I'll keep mine short & concise, idc what casuals think. But if you can't get excited over Condit unless he's on tmz then that's sad af & you should find another sport. Condit is awesome & I've been watching combat sports long enough to know that common sense says he'll fight again. The fire doesn't burn out of a guy like that very easily.

who cares? if he signs to fight someone,for sure ill be interested to see it.

Like you said, IF he signs to fight with someone, which he hasn't, and right now as far as we know he doesn't know if he'll fight again, and according to his coaches/team mates he's barely showing up at the gym months after his last fight.

The TS asks why people aren't talking about Condit any more, well, that's obviously because his fighting career is on ice and his future as a fighter is very much in the air, and he's crying on Ellen or hiding his face to TMZ, so what is there to talk or get excited about? The lack of interest is completely normal. IF he signs to fight a top fighter, and still there's no talk, then that will be weird, then you can re-examine the question.

I read the first 2 paragraphs but that was way too long bro. I'll keep mine short & concise, idc what casuals think. But if you can't get excited over Condit unless he's on tmz then that's sad af & you should find another sport.

And I'll keep mine short and concise: you say you don't care about what casuals think, but every time you reply to me you're contradicting yourself and showing how much you do care. If you don't care, don't reply and move on. Or you can keep replying and contradicting yourself.

Condit is awesome & I've been watching combat sports long enough to know that common sense says he'll fight again. The fire doesn't burn out of a guy like that very easily.

Got proof? "Common sense" isn't proof. Condit comes from an upper class background (father was chief of staff for NM governor) and is a fighter who fights like he's broke. His very existence defies common sense. If you had any common sense, you'd know that.

Last edited:
His popularity isn't what it could be due to infrequent activity and an inability to finish the big fights

I am trying to figure out how a guy with a 93% finish rate in his wins, is a "sparrer". Can you even point to a top WW with a better finishing rate in their victories?

- Wonderboy Thompson - 66%
- Robbie Lawler - 78%
- Johnny Hendricks - 53%
- Rory Macdonald - 72%
- NICK DIAZ - 81%

Looks like the guy sparring is able to finish his opponents when he wins more than everyone else, so what does that say about these guys?

Condit has no problem laying waste to lower level guys, it's the top guys that make him jab and jog like someone else said.

After the Diaz fight I lost interest, and will never bother with him again.

All I know for sure is that many of you snobby fans have a stick wedged firmly up the asshole after the Diaz fight. Get the fuck over it

no American sounds right,

America has killed 20 to 30 million people since world war II, all in the name of world peace though I'm sure

Something, something, eggs, omelettes...

he's 2-4 over his last 6, 3-3 if you give him the win over Lawler. He can't shake a wrestler, he's basically a bigger version of Nate Diaz. I'd love to see him fight Diaz btw.

Nick Diaz is basically a bigger version of Nate Diaz. Condit is a more diverse striking, less BJJ-skilled version of Nick Diaz.
Condit has no problem laying waste to lower level guys, it's the top guys that make him jab and jog like someone else said.

Basically, I'm hearing people whine about a guy not standing in front of Nick Diaz like an idiot because it is pretty much the only way Diaz can beat ppl.

He didn't spar with anyone. This is just the notion of crybaby Diaz fans.

Last edited:
Back