***NBA 2020-2021 Thread v3: MVP Race, Down goes Embiid***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dude Richaun Holmes with the stellar 17 pts, 15 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals and 4 blocks

remember when people thought Butler was the problem in CHI/MIN and to a lesser degree PHI?

uh no, granted he could do better dealing with soft/inferior teammates, but he is that dude
Edit: not smashing teammates girls would help
Wait what? Whose girl did he smash?

Great basketball analysis but it's pretty widely known. Only Nike and LeBron dick riders pretend curry isn't the closest thing to Jordan we've ever had in terms of cultural impact and how his play has completely changed basketball forever.

lol at cultural impact.

lol at cultural impact.
I'd say Curry certainly has the biggest impact of any current player, even if Lebron is the better player.

I don't think either of them are on the level of Jordan/Kobe or even AI in terms cultural impact, but at Curry has changed the league into a bunch of guys launching 3's from everywhere on the court, for better or for worse. Lebron is arguably the GOAT but really hasn't changed the game in any way and has pretty minimal impact outside of it considering his status since he lacks that effortlessly "cool" factor that MJ/Kobe/AI have.

He's just absurdly good at basketball and donates money to social causes, and that's ok imo. Not everyone needs to be a generational pop icon

I'd say Curry certainly has the biggest impact of any current player, even if Lebron is the better player.

I don't think either of them are on the level of Jordan/Kobe or even AI in terms cultural impact, but at Curry has changed the league into a bunch of guys launching 3's from everywhere on the court, for better or for worse. Lebron is arguably the GOAT but really hasn't changed the game in any way and has pretty minimal impact outside of it considering his status since he lacks that effortlessly "cool" factor that MJ/Kobe/AI have.

He's just absurdly good at basketball and donates money to social causes, and that's ok imo. Not everyone needs to be a generational pop icon

If we're talking basketball culture then sure. He's had a big impact on the way the game is played, although he gets too much credit because without Klay the Warriors aren't murdering teams from deep and the league isn't trying to copy that blueprint for success. In regards to the business of the NBA, LBJ is more responsible for the trend in player empowerment.

Outside of the NBA Steph doesn't move the needle as much as either LBJ or Kobe.

In regards to the business of the NBA, LBJ is more responsible for the trend in player empowerment.
That's a valid point. I think we will see more player-headed entities like Klutch pushing out your traditional agents and he really is at the forefront of that.

Outside of the NBA I don't think Lebron is the media force he fancies himself to be, but we will see what happens with his media company and projects like Space Jam 2.

That's a valid point. I think we will see more player-headed entities like Klutch pushing out your traditional agents and he really is at the forefront of that.

Outside of the NBA I don't think Lebron is the media force he fancies himself to be, but we will see what happens with his media company and projects like Space Jam 2.

He's absolutely not. His power exists in sports circles but unfortunately Lebron isn't exactly an intelligent person. He's better off doing exactly what he is now. He wants to be a movie producer and he can get there with help

he's been politically involved/active

he's got the school

he's outspoken about social issues
Regurgitating identity politics talking points on twitter and being generous with money isn't much of a qualifier for president though.

He isn't an inspiring or skilled speaker, doesn't have old money connections, and doesn't have that cult of personality that can overcome those first two. It doesn't help that the party that is more likely to elect celebrities is not the party he would run for either. People laughed off Kanye when he ran and they would do the same if Lebron ran as well.

Regurgitating identity politics talking points on twitter and being generous with money isn't much of a qualifier for president though.

He isn't an inspiring or skilled speaker, doesn't have old money connections, and doesn't have that cult of personality that can overcome those first two. It doesn't help that the party that is more likely to elect celebrities is not the party he would run for either. People laughed off Kanye when he ran and they would do the same if Lebron ran as well.
He has many successful enterprises, he's basically been the gm of his respective teams, he's got millions of followers

He has been in the public eye over the last 20 years as much as anyone

Time will tell, i see it happening

Yeah, I doubt he'll win an Oscar (like Kobe). But he generates media stories beyond his play on the court. Curry not so much.

remember when people thought Butler was the problem in CHI/MIN and to a lesser degree PHI?

uh no, granted he could do better dealing with soft/inferior teammates, but he is that dude
Edit: not smashing teammates girls would help

Can't even blame him at this point for smashing that beta's girl. Minny and all the soft players on there are irrelevant. KAT is the 2nd coming of Love. Good for 25-30 wins, a star player who is closer to role player than super star, and would never sniff a deep yoffs without a LeBron on his team.

Regurgitating identity politics talking points on twitter isn't much of a qualifier for president though.
ehhh

C2DFA85F75B6219F71455119DB3A8899FEB7FAB9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back