NBA Player James Johnson Says He Would Beat Jon Jones With 1 Year Of Training

You think you can beat Jones just cause you're an athlete?

Then again...

He wouldn't be able to beat jones within one year but being a + athlete is like a cheat code in MMA. I have no doubts that if he stopped playing basketball and commited to training full time he could make it to the UFC within 3 years. There's pretty much no other sport where you can cruise to the premier league on just being a good athlete.

Royce White is 6'8 too

Primed 30yo, 16th pick in NBA draft and got slapped around by a 5'11 MMA hobbyist police officer

daiqwon-buckley-vs-royce-white-lfa-120.jpg

These ballsports athletes and dorks can't grasp that fighting athleticism is a lot different requirements than ball shit

Lol these ex-NFL dudes that are built a lot more sturdy than these NBA guys cant even get past the top 10 of the HW division which is probably the weakest division skillwise.

I've heard for years that his whole family are black belts and national champions in karate, and Johnson supposedly had some MMA fights but I can only find articles repeating the same things. Yet to see any videos of him training or competing.

Lol these ex-NFL dudes that are built a lot more sturdy than these NBA guys cant even get past the top 10 of the HW division which is probably the weakest division skillwise.

Problem is that these ex NFL dudes come in already physically broken down from years of football/CTE

Take a fresh 1st round elite prospect and a couple years at a top MMA gym and they would fuck a lot of people up.

his never wrestled at any meaningful level .. who cares.. trying to work that social media heh

giphy.gif

He'd get violated, just like James would with a year training.

Jon Jones's family's NFL genes >>> James Johnson's benchwarmer genes

Plus NBA players nowadays give the Italian soccer team competition for best flopping

dillon-brooks-flop.gif
What does a PAC12 college basketball gif have to do with flopping in the NBA?

Royce White is 6'8 too

Primed 30yo, 16th pick in NBA draft and got slapped around by a 5'11 MMA hobbyist police officer

daiqwon-buckley-vs-royce-white-lfa-120.jpg

These ballsports athletes and dorks can't grasp that fighting athleticism is a lot different requirements than ball shit

I don't disagree with most of what you said but Royce White is a terrible example. You can barely call him an NBA player.

Dude played in 3 NBA games total, averaged 3 minutes and ultimately washed out of the league because he was a headcase and was scared of airplanes.

Problem is that these ex NFL dudes come in already physically broken down from years of football/CTE

Take a fresh 1st round elite prospect and a couple years at a top MMA gym and they would fuck a lot of people up.

Sure, but theres a lot more intangibles to fighting at a high level than just pure athleticism. I have no doubt they would do pretty good on average, but the guys with no natural talent for fighting would run into a wall at the top 10, imo

I will certainly pay to see him attempt this.

Between this guy and Jordan Poole, the NBA is really not showing its best self lately...

Back