NBA Player James Johnson Says He Would Beat Jon Jones With 1 Year Of Training

Same thing with many NBA guys tbh, have you seen the size of Rajon Rondo or Kawhi Leonard's hands??

If you took these guys even a couple years after draft it'd be deadly. People rightfully shit on Greg Hardy because of his past, but the fact he took the sport a little seriously and made it as far as he did is immensely impressive. How seriously Hardy was actually taking MMA is another thing that should be brought into question, with him doing silly things like taking inhalers in the middle of fights lmao, but it makes his success that much more impressive if you aren't biased.

People forget Hardy went to a decision against VOLKOV, the same guy who just bullied Tai with ease. People are just dismissing the clear reality in front of them. If you're a world class athlete and you really want to take MMA seriously, if your young enough you'll do just fine. Being a champion or top 15 is never guaranteed obviously but if you work hard with those level of gifts you can have a good career.

With that said, James Johnson sounds absolutely delusional and disrespectful.

The thing is, Basketball isn’t physical enough to ease the transition for the toughness required in striking martial arts. In my experience the guys who come from Hockey, Football, and Rugby don’t have much to worry about in terms of toughness.

And even then there’s always the Brock Lesnar who lacked the toughness but luckily had the best single base (wrestling) to supplement it. When it comes to Basketball it will be a case by case basis, if they’re tough enough; but Football is a natural transition. You must be experienced in dealing with opponents who can & would hurt you on any given occasion.

The thing is, Basketball isn’t physical enough to ease the transition for the toughness required in striking martial arts. In my experience the guys who come from Hockey, Football, and Rugby don’t have much to worry about in terms of toughness.

And even then there’s always the Brock Lesnar who lacked the toughness but luckily had the best single base (wrestling) to supplement it. When it comes to Basketball it will be a case by case basis, if they’re tough enough; but Football is a natural transition. You must be experienced in dealing with opponents who can & would hurt you on any given occasion.
I agree with you well said, it’s definitely an easier transition for football players and we’ve seen that already in the UFC.

He's delusional sure 1 year of training & he can beat a guy who's on mma`s mount Rushmore :rolleyes:

Ok. Start training and fight him next year

Would look like this

VqjQ53.gif

Depends on his level of talent and athleticism. Jones was beating the best after a very short period of time. There will always be another Jon Jones in the future.

Anyone that says they can beat an mma fighter and "all I need to do is train ground defense" is your average dude who's never fought that thinks they are a "boxer" because they bought some gloves and hit the heavy bag at the local gold's gym.

Seriously if I'm Dana White. Why not pay for this goofs training for 1 year and give him a 10 million dollar a fight contract. Dana will only have to pay him once.

if he actually competed in any combat sports he would know that these guys aren’t world champions over things like height. hopefully jon invites him to a gym smoker and smokes him

I don't know who this dude is, but I look forward to him retiring from the NBA and then getting KOed in some third rate organization.

I'd like to see this fight happen so I can sell my cardboard box and place my money on Jones

Back