***NBA Thread - All Hail Giannis***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its being reported thats hes supposedly not so much against the vaccine as much as just being against the mandates and seeing people lose their jobs and so he wants to use his platform to stick up for the little guy. I took that as him already setting the wheels in motion to back off his stance.

He's so full of shit , once he starts losing the millions we will see how quickly he folds.

He should play and donate his entire salary to the little man if that's the case. I am mandated to take it and just think he is a nob

Its being reported thats hes supposedly not so much against the vaccine as much as just being against the mandates and seeing people lose their jobs and so he wants to use his platform to stick up for the little guy. I took that as him already setting the wheels in motion to back off his stance.
That makes no sense and clearly a lie since the vaccine has been widely available for like 8 months. Long before any mandate

Isn't the mandate issued by the local government, not the NBA?
Not sure… there are like 2-3 teams/cities pushing this crap while the vast majority aren’t.

Also, I’m not sure why there wouldn’t be/isn’t exemption or testing alternatives which seems to be an NBA decision… Seems Uber political and aimed at coercing higher vaccination rates, but not in any way sustainable.

Just imagine them enforcing boosters in the next couple months and ongoing, lol! It just won’t fly.

Not sure… there are like 2-3 teams/cities pushing this crap while the vast majority aren’t.

Also, I’m not sure why there wouldn’t be/isn’t exemption or testing alternatives which seems to be an NBA decision… Seems Uber political and aimed at coercing higher vaccination rates, but not in any way sustainable.

Just imagine them enforcing boosters in the next couple months and ongoing, lol! It just won’t fly.

It's local governments. That's why Kyrie could play in most away games, but the team decided to sit him altogether rather than allow him to play part time. The NBA doesn't get to override government.

It's local governments. That's why Kyrie could play in most away games, but the team decided to sit him altogether rather than allow him to play part time. The NBA doesn't get to override government.
So these local governments don’t offer any exemptions or testing alternatives?

So these local governments don’t offer any exemptions or testing alternatives?

I guess not. As I recall, Irving can practice at the team's facility because it's not open to the public. So I take it that for business activities that are there is a vaccine requirement. Could have something to do with size as well, but since I'm rooting against the Nets it's not something I've examined the details of. Just happy to see KI digging his heels in. :D

I guess not. As I recall, Irving can practice at the team's facility because it's not open to the public. So I take it that for business activities that are there is a vaccine requirement. Could have something to do with size as well, but since I'm rooting against the Nets it's not something I've examined the details of. Just happy to see KI digging his heels in. :D
This article from 10/4 suggests testing is an option in NJ…

“And many vaccine-hesitant employees who initially opted for testing have eventually chosen vaccination instead. New Jersey has about 650,000 health care workers, although those who work in private offices are not covered by the state mandate.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...accine-mandate-healthcare-workers/5905931001/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back