Need some smart money picks for this weekends UFC

Imma pick the underdogs. Just for the odds. Still think Holloway walks trough Poirier.

Think Poirier has a chance to finish Max. If I'd bet on this card I'd drop 200 on Poirier

Stop betting if you haven't a clue what you're doing you degenerate

I wouldn't listen to sherdog too much. Only a few guys are legit gamblers. Most are no playing this card from what I gather.

I think max might be worth it a bit

Max dec, Israel KO/TKO, Khalil dec - $50 = $7000 winnings.

Adesanya and Max

Max improved a lot since the last Poirier fight and Gastelum never fought someone like Adesanya.

As for smart money picks stay away from the main card but the undercard I would go Wilson Reis, Max Griffin and maybe Jalin Turner

Gastelum and Poirer

Dustin has more ways to beat to victory than Max AND he just defeated Gaethje who is a more powerful ruthless but less technical version of Max Holloway. How does Max win other than a 5 RD UD?

Isn't Max a heavy favorite also? All I know is I'll be rich next weekend :)
I also think Dustin will win lol. I never bet though.

I'd say Montel Jackson, Alexandre Pantoja, OSP, Dwight Grant, and Max are solid picks. Not locks, but I'd put some money down, probably will.
I have a lot of money on Pantoja, now I'm starting to get paranoid.

Reckon he wins this by submission?

I’m taking Holloway, Gas, Rountree, Jouban & OSP......... and based on my gambling track record the past couple months you should take the opposite and you’ll be cashing in!

I think Holloway takes it, but the odds aren’t too good. I think I’ll pass with bets here and just enjoy the violence. Both guys are great fighters, Holloway is elite and I’m very excited to see how he does against a top LW.

I think Gastelum has a good chance. This is a real test for Adesanya, because this is going to be a fight! This is not an exhibition match like it was (to some extent) against Silva. KG isn’t there to show flashy kick dodging abilities, he’s there to hurt Adesanya and has some good grappling to threaten him as well. I’ll put some money on him, I think.

So far the most interesting fight to bet on is Anders vs Rountree, and I’m going with Rountree. I’m not sold on Anders at all. He’s lost like 4 of his last 5? Rountree has shown he can put anyone out (Hi Saki :() and is more of a dangerous guy of the two.

Anders has some power, but not much else to show for. Mediocre all around, you could say. How is he a big favourite here? No idea.

Another interesting one is Curtis Millender. He got taken down, dominated and subbed by a future contender in Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos (He’s a black belt in BJJ). I think the odds are too much in favour for Belal, who is a purple belt in BJJ with 0 submission wins. Belal isn’t going to grapple-dominate him like Elizeu, no way.

I think it’s fair to say Millender will tool him standing, no doubt in my mind about it. Belal could try to make it ugly, but he’ll be in a lot of trouble when striking and he’ll be in a lot of danger when trying to close the distance.
Belal will get kneed in the face and body
<6>

Actually I don’t agree with Belal being the favourite here. Millender via TKO or UD.

I’m happy to continue about these fights is anyone is interested!

Here's my picks for the whole card, followed by my locks.

Pantoja
Davis
Botelho
Jackson
Millender
Salmon
Imadaev
Frevola
Krylov
Jouban
Anders
Gastelum
Holloway

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson is fighting a guy with zero fight IQ, great chance to win that.
Salmon is relentless, should be a lock.
Imadaev has 8 wins, 8 KO's and is fighting a man who lost to fucking Thiago Alves.
Krylov, out for revenge and OSP looks horrible these days.
Jouban should be able to dance around this stiff fool. Watch Pedersoli vs Grant, if Carlo had one once of sense he would have danced his way to 30-27.

Last edited:
I have a lot of money on Pantoja, now I'm starting to get paranoid.

Reckon he wins this by submission?
I'm not sure about a finish, but he's hungry and he's got better striking than Reis. I don't know much about BJJ when it comes to breaking down the intricacies of techniques I don't even know, as Frank Mir would say, but I know they're both high level black belts, so they may nullify each other there. I see primarily a striking battle, and Pantoja comes out on top.

I'm not sure about a finish, but he's hungry and he's got better striking than Reis. I don't know much about BJJ when it comes to breaking down the intricacies of techniques I don't even know, as Frank Mir would say, but I know they're both high level black belts, so they may nullify each other there. I see primarily a striking battle, and Pantoja comes out on top.
Let's bleeding hope so.

That said, Reis was subbed by DJ after taking a beating not necessarily due to being outmatched - but Alexandre has naughty BJJ, always looking for a finish.

Gastelum and Poirer

Dustin has more ways to beat to victory than Max AND he just defeated Gaethje who is a more powerful ruthless but less technical version of Max Holloway. How does Max win other than a 5 RD UD?

Isn't Max a heavy favorite also? All I know is I'll be rich next weekend :)

Yeah Poirier showed his durability by eating those leg kicks against Gaethje and still moving forward. Dude is a straight up savage. SO is Max though, which makes it such a hard pick.

Id put some on the underdogs... Dustin, Gas, Roundtree, Krylov. Hedge it with picks you feel are a lock

Back