Television Netflix - 3 Body Problem

Looks cool, I have no idea what the show is about from that trailer. It looks like the matrix with aliens maybe? Sounds cool but netflix has a terrible track record right now.

In a nutshell, it's alien contact kept secret, division of humans on Earth for and against the aliens, war, and the end of the universe as we know it.

In a nutshell, it's alien contact kept secret, division of humans on Earth for and against the aliens, war, and the end of the universe as we know it.
That sounds cool, hopefully they stick the landing. Thanks for the summary.

That sounds cool, hopefully they stick the landing. Thanks for the summary.

I hope so. If the first season is a success, then we will get to see the story span timeframes hundreds of years apart, as well as some very cool future living concepts.

I've read the first 2 books.
Great sci-fi literature.
But I don't read much sci-fi, to be honest.

Not sure what to say about the trailer, I was hoping to see only Chinese people and a white blonde American named Evans... or what his name was.

EDIT: China already has some TV series

But Mike Evans isn't blonde.
Those bastards!
At least the others are Chinese.

I think they have 30 episodes (40-ish mins each) for Book 1 alone. The CGI is hit or miss, but the casting is fantastic. Pacing is very spotty though, and they added some exposition, very unneeded.

All of them were free on their Tencent Youtube channel at 1080p, but It looks like they only have the first two up now, and the rest behind a paywall.

I was doing the audiobooks, and only listened to Book 1. They switched up the narrator, so it was jarring going onto book 2. I'll get to it eventually.

I think they have 30 episodes (40-ish mins each) for Book 1 alone. The CGI is hit or miss, but the casting is fantastic. Pacing is very spotty though, and they added some exposition, very unneeded.

All of them were free on their Tencent Youtube channel at 1080p, but It looks like they only have the first two up now, and the rest behind a paywall.

I was doing the audiobooks, and only listened to Book 1. They switched up the narrator, so it was jarring going onto book 2. I'll get to it eventually.
Exactly the same. It’s been 6 months so now I think I can do the audiobook since I don’t really remember the narrator as much.

Shame as they were good!

I am halfway through the second book(which is amazing) and I now have ZERO FAITH that this will be adapted well.

Looking at the character list, they completely made up their own characters and don’t seem to be following the books at all.

Just saw their new teaser. Literally the opposite of what the books are about.

If you do the second and third audio books put it to 1.25x speed.

Finished the second book and am 1/3 into the third.

AMAZING story

Book 2 was my favorite. 3 was good too, but it's hard to put an ending on a story that big.

Hopeful for the show, but expecting a lot of changes to make it work for the screen.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It's interesting they are playing up the mass suicide in a horror angle. That was creepy when I read it. I also wonder how true they'll stay to the book, as I've seen some scenes in there that were not in the first book. I hope they don't steer away from the cultural Revolution backstory as that's critical to the motives.

I recently read the whole trilogy so it's still fresh in my mind. I feel the first one is the weakest and the most boring entry. I hope this show is a success and the second and third book get made. I can't wait to see the water droplet in action with a big Hollywood production budget

Here's a fan made video of the battle

LMAO that video looks like it has Lego guys in space suits. Did @LeonardoBjj make it?

Book 2 was my favorite. 3 was good too, but it's hard to put an ending on a story that big.

Hopeful for the show, but expecting a lot of changes to make it work for the screen.
You honestly could have ended with the second with a little more of an epilogue

Really loved the first book. I thought it was an awesome story. The Dark Forrest seems kind of slow but I’m only 120 pages in. Currently the show is sitting at a nice 75% with 20 reviews on RT.

Back