New NBA team

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Born and raised in the New England area...Celtics fan through and through. Well, I was. I am so over this entire team. I can't root for these guys. I'm shopping around for a new team to follow. I'm going to list my potentials and want some feedback.

1. Hawks- I enjoy all their games and Young can drop 50 at any moment.

2. Mavs- How can you not like Luka???

3. Kings- I love Fox and Hield and have a soft spot from the early 2000 team

4. Hornets- They have some great young talent and some former Celtics like Rozier.

5. Timberwolves- Edwards seems like the real deal. They are young and athletic.

Thoughts????

<1>

Former Celts fan myself. Just ditch the NBA entirely. They’re more interested in Chinese fans than they are you anyway.

I get it, but I played ball all the way through JUCO. It is a big part of my life...hard to ditch.

Ok. No. To be clear, I do not come here to argue or offend. But you appear to cheer for a team from a place that wins a lot in sports. I am from Atlanta, and I only am trying to cheer for one team outside of the state of GA (Carolina Hurricanes, I'm planning on living in the area, seemed appropriate due to location and Atlanta has failed twice at having hockey). I did graduate from IU, but even if things go well, I'm not really entitled to jump on board, even though I don't really have a college basketball team other than them.

So I live and cry with GA. You are insane to choose it. I think I could have picked the Braves regardless (no regrets here...Barves or not it's been awesome), but the Falcons are hurtful and the Hawks...I dont know how someone who grew up loving the Celtics would even think it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy I came from where I did. I have wonderful memories and I love it. But how would picking that be helpful to you? Do you see them winning a title in the near future? Is there something I dont know? I don't get it.

Edit: and just realized you are a poster I am familiar with. Dude, no Hawks.

Ok. No. To be clear, I do not come here to argue or offend. But you appear to cheer for a team from a place that wins a lot in sports. I am from Atlanta, and I only am trying to cheer for one team outside of the state of GA (Carolina Hurricanes, I'm planning on living in the area, seemed appropriate due to location and Atlanta has failed twice at having hockey). I did graduate from IU, but even if things go well, I'm not really entitled to jump on board, even though I don't really have a college basketball team other than them.

So I live and cry with GA. You are insane to choose it. I think I could have picked the Braves regardless (no regrets here...Barves or not it's been awesome), but the Falcons are hurtful and the Hawks...I dont know how someone who grew up loving the Celtics would even think it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy I came from where I did. I have wonderful memories and I love it. But how would picking that be helpful to you? Do you see them winning a title in the near future? Is there something I dont know? I don't get it.

Edit: and just realized you are a poster I am familiar with. Dude, no Hawks.

It's not really about the titles. I hate everything this Celtics team is about. I see no promise, I hate the players. I get your point but winning isn't the only joy for me.

Just root for the next team that wins the ship. Bandwagon ass mother effer.
Lol

Glad you’re finally leaving that racist fan base. Come to my lakes. We love bandwagon fans. We just accepted all the wario fans last year.

I couldn't go Lakers just off merit.

I need a damn title. I was up late last night watching 95 World Series highlights, I was sitting there loudly telling my wife how that was the year.

Also apologies, I turned your thread into my own therapy session.

So you are upset with how your team is playing and being run so the solution is to cheer for the Kings, Hornets, or Wolves?

<{1-17}>

I don't jump on the bandwagon so yes...looking at some youthful options lol.

I need a damn title. I was up late last night watching 95 World Series highlights, I was sitting there loudly telling my wife how that was the year.

Also apologies, I turned your thread into my own therapy session.

I'm seeing the next ten-twelve years played out as a Celtics fan and I hate it. Tatum annoys me and Brown and him can't win together. I just know this is it and I hare the way they are. This thread is for suffering and rock bottom. Your feelings are welcome in my thread.

I don't jump on the bandwagon so yes...looking at some youthful options lol.
tbh basketball is best enjoyed by liking individual players rather than teams because they move around so much. I mean, sure, have a go-to team but mostly enjoy the players and cheer for them.

tbh basketball is best enjoyed by liking individual players rather than teams because they move around so much. I mean, sure, have a go-to team but mostly enjoy the players and cheer for them.

Honestly this might be the best advice moving forward. I agree with this 100%

Just go with Lakers like a true bandwagoner. What's the problem to stick to your guys in bad times?

Why is this Celtics team so hateable? I forced myself to get back into following the nba this season and they were one of the first teams to catch my eye but that was only because Tatum looked so effortlessly good. I can easily start to hate them if there’s a good reason for it.

Back