News New UFC Gloves

So only the champion wear gold gloves or they’re saying they switch gloves in between the third and fourth round?

Doesn't look like any significant changes to reduce eye pokes and this is mostly about creating cosmetic branding differences between different levels under the UFC umbrella.
That’s true but I do like that idea of colored gloves for levels. It’s like a right in your face the whole time idea

Historically speaking bright colours attached to weapons served a few main purposes:

- denote rank and privilege (as are being done here to indicate the champion)
- as distractions to contrast and draw the eye away from the real danger

They could end being quite the advantage if you're busy trying keep track of the new gold colour, which only the champion will be used to, and a headkick comes up instead.

There's also the rather interesting racial aspects with the change. The black gloves have always stood out more on the white fighters compared to the black fighters. Now that's reversed and they'll stand out on the black champions but not the white champions lol.

Valid points for sure they can be used as distractions like you said so I guess there's always two sides of the coin

That’s true but I do like that idea of colored gloves for levels. It’s like a right in your face the whole time idea
I'm indifferent about that. Just seems like the UFC is taking years of complaints about the gloves, doing minimal actual changes, and then using all the complaints as an excuse to rollout the new colors while not really addressing the key issues that fighters have complained about.

I'm indifferent about that. Just seems like the UFC is taking years of complaints about the gloves, doing minimal actual changes, and then using all the complaints as an excuse to rollout the new colors while not really addressing the key issues that fighters have complained about.

I don't think these gloves have much to do with the complaints, although they do identify that they removed some fabric to make it easier to control extended fingers.

Issue doesnt seem they cant make a fist, they love to have full stretched fingers, and seems even easier with this new design.
It might curve their hand a little bit, but who knows! We should see results in June when they start using them.

Wow. The gold and blue ones are terrible.

“Easier to close fists.” Lol. Also easier to outstretch your fingers. What the fuck is this shit? Is this better for grapplers?

I quite like the Gold gloves for the championship fights only, gives it a different look and will make the fights look more special and stand out.

4oz gloves have 4oz of padding, they don't weigh 4oz. Most of my 4oz gloves weigh about 6-7 ounces. For reference, my 16oz sparring gloves weigh about 32-34 ounces depending on the brand.
I always felt like an idiot because I though “there’s no way that whole glove is only 4 oz”

Turns out I am an idiot for convincing myself the whole glove weighed 4 oz’s.

I always felt like an idiot because I though “there’s no way that whole glove is only 4 oz”

Turns out I am an idiot for convincing myself the whole glove weighed 4 oz’s.

hahahaha. yeah they weigh a lot more than the padding, my understanding has always been it's the padding itself that weighs 4 ounces.

I haven't seen anyone discuss gloves with chip technology integration, which is a noteworthy feature. B<

Being able to authenticate them to a specific fighter in a specific bout is unique, especially if you're a memorabilia collector.

The introduction of the new wrist cinching design is fantastic, and I'm glad to see that it improves dexterity for grappling.

It's still uncertain whether the new design will effectively reduce eye pokes, but regardless, it is a step forward in the right direction that has been long overdue.

The problem always was they can't close their fist comfortably. Many people here doesn't know the sport they are fans of

Back