Crime New York has a Brand.... Squatters

I think the landlord and housing speculation/renting industries should be massively curtailed. There are housing crises around the world largely because of predatory and market dominating practices among those who buy-sell and rent houses, which should simply not be the case. Housing is a human right and its more than just a possession we should be selling for profit. Housing is the foundation of social cohesion and directly relates to education, crime rates, family bonds, civic pride, etc.

So, I'm generally in favour of those proposals which limit the rights of landlords and housing speculators.

However, what the fuck is this adverse possession thing? Why is this on the books? I think we should have pretty serious tax penalties for vacant homes. Wheb rental markets are red hot and people can't afford to live in the communities they were raised in, or where their jobs or the rest of their l family members live, it doesn't make sense that someone else can buy up the available rental spaces and air b n b them, or just sit on them as an empty asset without renting them out. But yhe solution to that should be, to my mind, to make it unaffordable to do this. It should not be to say that these spaces are up for grabs if someone can manage to make their way in there and set up.camp.

It just sets the table for some real nastiness. I'm surprised more people aren't killed from situations like this. Or, maybe this is just yhe newest right wing boogeyman. How many squatters are there REALLY?
I believe the confusion is they lump everything under squatter's rights. Some are tenant's rights issues that overlap with squatting. To actually squat in an abandoned house and win possession of it takes a long time. I am not sure it's the same for every state but I am under the impression you need to maintain residence there for over ten years, take care of the maintenance/upkeep of the place and pay property taxes. Some owners freak out and destroy their lawn when they realize a squatter is there so they can't claim they have been taking care of it.

These guys that are breaking into homes are just trying to make it past the 30 days so they get some rights that were reserved for tenants who couldn't pay etc etc. NYC has 30 day minimum instead of ten years. They might do stuff like open an account for electricity or water bill. I don't believe they think they will actually own the place. They are just planning to drag it out in court. Their end game is probably free rent for the time being or hope for the owner to pay them to leave.

I've fucked hookers who had better muscle-tone than those pencil-necks. <lmao>

Careful how you throw around the P-Word, son.

You have a nice Account. Be a real shame if something...happened to it. ;)
Where do I get hookers please

Way too many other ways more important issues to vote on that issue or a trans issue either.
this is class warfare bud, reds and blues all owned by the same donors. the sooner you leftoids take the stick out your assses we can unite and move forward with a tangible form of progress
giphy.gif

what the fuck is this adverse possession thing? Why is this on the books? I think we should have pretty serious tax penalties for vacant homes. Wheb rental markets are red hot and people can't afford to live in the communities they were raised in, or where their jobs or the rest of their l family members live, it doesn't make sense that someone else can buy up the available rental spaces and air b n b them, or just sit on them as an empty asset without renting them out. But yhe solution to that should be, to my mind, to make it unaffordable to do this. It should not be to say that these spaces are up for grabs if someone can manage to make their way in there and set up.camp.
<PlusJuan> common fucking sense

this is class warfare bud, reds and blues all owned by the same donors. the sooner you leftoids take the stick out your assses we can unite and move forward with a tangible form of progress
giphy.gif
It's amazing how stupid righties are when they claim that the left is MORE bought off than the right. I mean... I really can't comprehend that level of gullibility.

Its very clear that as a property owner, you must monitor your own property to prevent trespassing. No sense trying to make that sound controversial
All it takes is 20 minutes for a squatter to break into a back window and change the locks of the whole house. You are making it sound like EVERY home owner that leaves to go to work is supposed to have a 24 hour security team assigned to it.

TLDR: Hey... don't fend for squatters. They suck.

Right wingers: "China is the enemy".

Also right wingers: "This Chinese app distributed content is making me angry".

Tik tok is cancer

Between this stuff to legalized shoplifting, and men in women's sports, and sanctuary cities that step over their own poor and minorities, Libs have jumped the shark. Only absurd shit like this could get Trump re-elected.
Not to derail the thread but the libs still voted blue after the left/Antifa burned, looted, murdered, with a side of (CHOP/CHAZ) in almost every major city. After that, I don't know what to expect in these elections anymore.

Back