Crime New York has a Brand.... Squatters

Ahh... just let home owners kick them the fuck out.

lol...
Except that both sides are entitled to present their side in court and you don't know if the squatter has met their burden before court.

It's the equivalent of saying "Just throw people in jail since waiting for their criminal trial takes too long." No, people are entitled to a hearing before you deprive them of their homes...even if the home is acquired via adverse possession.

Except that both sides are entitled to present their side in court and you don't know if the squatter has met their burden before court.
Imagine arguing if the squatter was in their legal right to steal someone else's home.

I hope you run into this "legal snafu" in the future. We'll see how much you argue for the squatter's rights then.

Not sure if this has been posted but the other side of the story has finally been reported on. Apparently the "squatter" does have a lease, it's just a lease he got scammed on by someone who claimed to be a realtor who had a key. This suggests the property sat for quite a while because this guy signed the lease, started renting it to a few other people, experienced leaks and other things wrong with it, and put $18k worth of renovations into the place. He's asking for that money back, or at the very least just wanting a timeline to move the residents out:

“I told her that I can’t just walk out; my money is there,” said Rodriguez, maintaining that will give up on the house immediately — if he gets paid. “I told her that she should let me figure it out or pay me my money. She was furious.”

Without the money, it will take “one or two months to move them out” and then “I will just give it back because it is the right thing to do.”

As to how he feels about all this, Rodriguez said, “I feel horrible for being conned. That money is everything I have. Of course I feel bad for Ms. Adele.”

“So I rented the rooms to local people who need places to sleep,” said Rodriguez. “They work for Uber and Instacart and can’t afford $2,000 a month for an apartment. Some pay $900; some pay $1,000.”

Once they began using the showers, water leaked into the living room and basement. “It was a mess,” said Rodriguez.

“But Ronnie told me to fix it myself because the owners are cheap. He said he would make sure I got a break on my rent and told me to not pay February.”

A few days later, Andaloro showed up with a locksmith and an ABC-7 TV news crew, leading to the viral confrontation with Rodriguez’s “tenants” which ended in her being cuffed.

Rodriguez raced over and again phoned “Ferg” for help.

“Ronnie said, ‘I told you what to do’ and he hung up; then his number went dead; I never spoke with him again,” Rodriguez recalled.

“Ms. Adele called the cops. I tried to stop them from [handcuffing] her. Ms. Adele could attest to this.”

What a terrible human being who deserves the frothing violence being expressed in here.

Not sure if this has been posted but the other side of the story has finally been reported on. Apparently the "squatter" does have a lease, it's just a lease he got scammed on by someone who claimed to be a realtor who had a key. This suggests the property sat for quite a while because this guy signed the lease, started renting it to a few other people, experienced leaks and other things wrong with it, and put $18k worth of renovations into the place. He's asking for that money back, or at the very least just wanting a timeline to move the residents out:

“I told her that I can’t just walk out; my money is there,” said Rodriguez, maintaining that will give up on the house immediately — if he gets paid. “I told her that she should let me figure it out or pay me my money. She was furious.”

Without the money, it will take “one or two months to move them out” and then “I will just give it back because it is the right thing to do.”

As to how he feels about all this, Rodriguez said, “I feel horrible for being conned. That money is everything I have. Of course I feel bad for Ms. Adele.”

“So I rented the rooms to local people who need places to sleep,” said Rodriguez. “They work for Uber and Instacart and can’t afford $2,000 a month for an apartment. Some pay $900; some pay $1,000.”

Once they began using the showers, water leaked into the living room and basement. “It was a mess,” said Rodriguez.

“But Ronnie told me to fix it myself because the owners are cheap. He said he would make sure I got a break on my rent and told me to not pay February.”

A few days later, Andaloro showed up with a locksmith and an ABC-7 TV news crew, leading to the viral confrontation with Rodriguez’s “tenants” which ended in her being cuffed.

“Ronnie said, ‘I told you what to do’ and he hung up; then his number went dead; I never spoke with him again,” Rodriguez recalled.

“Ms. Adele called the cops. I tried to stop them from [handcuffing] her. Ms. Adele could attest to this.”

What a terrible human being who deserves the frothing violence being expressed in here.

Sooo…

Dude randomly met a guy in a laundromat?

“Between wash cycles he encountered a well-dressed and confident man, in his early 40s, who called himself “Ronnie Ferg.””

Then signed and paid a fake lease to guy who doesn’t exist? What? Did he pay in cash? Lol

“Rodriguez signed a lease, which he showed to The Post, for $3,200 a month. No public records exist for a New York realtor called “Ronnie Ferg.””

When confronted by the home owner, Ferg’s phone magically disconnected? So there’s now no way to find this guy? No money trail? Can’t track the number? lol…

But he wants $18k for “repairs”? Holding the house hostage.

Because renters are always expected to shell out $20k to repair their rental’s…

Please tell me you believe this scammer. And if it’s somehow true, then it’s this dipshits job to take Mr “Ferg” to civil court.

The mysterious well dressed Mr Ferg who looks for renters in laundromats

lol

Two suspects are in custody in the brutal murder of a woman whose body was found hidden in a duffel bag in a New York City apartment.

Halley Tejada, 19, and Kensly Alston, 18, were arrested in York, Penn., about 185 miles from Manhattan for allegedly driving a stolen car.

The U.S. Marshals say the two are considered persons of interest in beating death of 52-year-old Nadia Vitels.

An NYPD source says Tejada is from Washington Heights and Alston is from the Bronx.

Her body was found in a duffel bag in a closet at a 19th floor apartment on 31st Street in Manhattan's Kips Bay neighborhood back on March 14. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide due to blunt force trauma to the head.

Her son made the discovery after coming to check on her because he hadn't heard from her.

An NYPD source said it's alleged that Tejada and Alston were squatting in the apartment when Vitels showed up to move either herself or someone else in.

Sources say the two suspects were seen on surveillance video in the building and outside stealing Vitels' car from the street, where it was parked.

The vehicle was traced to New Jersey and then Pennsylvania, where it was involved in an accident on March 13. According to authorities, Alston, who was allegedly driving Vitels' Lexus at the time of the crash, initially gave officers responding to the crash a fake name.

Squatters murdered a homeowner but that's acceptable to leftists.

Two suspects are in custody in the brutal murder of a woman whose body was found hidden in a duffel bag in a New York City apartment.

Halley Tejada, 19, and Kensly Alston, 18, were arrested in York, Penn., about 185 miles from Manhattan for allegedly driving a stolen car.

The U.S. Marshals say the two are considered persons of interest in beating death of 52-year-old Nadia Vitels.

An NYPD source says Tejada is from Washington Heights and Alston is from the Bronx.

Her body was found in a duffel bag in a closet at a 19th floor apartment on 31st Street in Manhattan's Kips Bay neighborhood back on March 14. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide due to blunt force trauma to the head.

Her son made the discovery after coming to check on her because he hadn't heard from her.

An NYPD source said it's alleged that Tejada and Alston were squatting in the apartment when Vitels showed up to move either herself or someone else in.

Sources say the two suspects were seen on surveillance video in the building and outside stealing Vitels' car from the street, where it was parked.

The vehicle was traced to New Jersey and then Pennsylvania, where it was involved in an accident on March 13. According to authorities, Alston, who was allegedly driving Vitels' Lexus at the time of the crash, initially gave officers responding to the crash a fake name.

It seems literally impossible for thugs who steal cars NOT to crash them at some point. They always crash them

Guess thats why they own their own car... probably totalled them previously.

Going to be hearing more stories like this I'm afraid.

JUST IN: Suspected Venezuelan illegals found squatting in the basement of a home in the Bronx.Police found multiple loaded guns, three extended magazines, ammo, ketamine mixed with cocaine and a 7-year old child.One of the migrants had previously been charged with attempted murder for shooting someone in the leg.The police were called after one of the men was spotted with a gun next to a school.

A neighbor said the owner of the home had been trying to get them out for the “longest period of time” but couldn’t thanks to New York’s squatting laws.

The men were charged with “criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of controlled substance and acting in a manner injurious to a child.” (ABC7)

All of the men except for two were released without bail.

Insane... no bail. Didn't the illegal aliens who fought with police get released without bail, then flee the city?

If I steal someone's home and rent for profit I am a victim!

Well, this was obviously going to be added to his campaign platform

LOL. They just give him his platform. Dems do crazy shit and Trump just gives common sense answers to insane problems they create. Fish in a barrel.

"Border control good"
"Criminals bad"
"Police good"
"You own your home"

It's so easy. He can win on common sense talking points alone.

JUST IN: Suspected Venezuelan illegals found squatting in the basement of a home in the Bronx.Police found multiple loaded guns, three extended magazines, ammo, ketamine mixed with cocaine and a 7-year old child.One of the migrants had previously been charged with attempted murder for shooting someone in the leg.The police were called after one of the men was spotted with a gun next to a school.

A neighbor said the owner of the home had been trying to get them out for the “longest period of time” but couldn’t thanks to New York’s squatting laws.

The men were charged with “criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of controlled substance and acting in a manner injurious to a child.” (ABC7)

Insane... no bail. Didn't the illegal aliens who fought with police get released without bail, then flee the city?

BuT MiGrAnTs CoMmIt CrImE aT LoWeR RaTeS!!1

It's the equivalent of saying "Just throw people in jail since waiting for their criminal trial takes too long." No, people are entitled to a hearing before you deprive them of their homes...even if the home is acquired via adverse possession.

I'm rarely away from my house for longer than 12 hours. If I did come back from vacation, for example, and found people squatting in my house, I wouldn't be calling the police.

I'd call the ambulance service, after I'd finished with them. But I wouldn't want to talk to the police until I'd made sure the squatters understood exactly what would happen to them if they made any complaints against me.

I feel sorry for people who have to rely on the law to protect them from worthless scum.

This is the most NYC/Biden's America story ever.

6 male, Illegal migrant squatters been in a house for abut a year and a half. Found with guns, drugs, and there was a 7 year old girl, also an illegal, with them. One accused of attempted murder is released without bail, as are the others.

Hey...they're just here to do some farm work and raise their families.

I'm rarely away from my house for longer than 12 hours. If I did come back from vacation, for example, and found people squatting in my house, I wouldn't be calling the police.

I'd call the ambulance service, after I'd finished with them. But I wouldn't want to talk to the police until I'd made sure the squatters understood exactly what would happen to them if they made any complaints against me.

I feel sorry for people who have to rely on the law to protect them from worthless scum.
Our local Sherriff and Deputies tell us we can take out the Trash if necessary...I do feel bad in places that make legal law abiding citizens into the victims and protects the cockroaches and illegals.

Back