Next hype train to fall apart?

BonesWinckleJones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
my list:
1)Usman - loser mentality and karma is a bitch,dodging fights and aiming for the easiest matchup in his division show lack of confidence,I really believe his performance against TMZ wood was a fluke and twood shook.

Walker

Askren for sure, he's solid but not well rounded enough to be a champ.

Khabib
Holloway for good vs Edgar
Pretty sure 11 and 13 fight win streaks and both title wins and defences eliminate you from being considered nothing but hype. That's just like, my opinion though dude.

I think after a 10 fight undefeated record in the UFC, dominating the champion and winning the title, you're past the whole "hype train" phase.

my list:
1)Usman - loser mentality and karma is a bitch,dodging fights and aiming for the easiest matchup in his division show lack of confidence,I really believe his performance against TMZ wood was a fluke and twood shook.

TS is bitter lol. usman is not even ''hyped'' up and people all think he's boring. how much did you lose in betting against him?

If you win a belt you cant be a hype train

Pretty sure 11 and 13 fight win streaks and both title wins and defences eliminate you from being considered nothing but hype. That's just like, my opinion though dude.

I think after a 10 fight undefeated record in the UFC, dominating the champion and winning the title, you're past the whole "hype train" phase.

yup. @Hawkeye Mihawk is just a hater. prolly a conor nuthugger.

These threads just exhibit the garbage level mentality of so many Johnny come lately mma fans on sherdog.

Thiago Santos and the next guy getting 205 title shot after him.

Jon Jones is highly overrated at this point, both resume-wise and skill-wise. My eyes start bleeding when I see footwork of his opponents.

i guess everyone is considered a hype train now a days

world champions, people no one cares about, one of the GOATS

How? Because I think Khabib will lose soon? Or because I think a guy who was controlled by Poirer is going to lose to Edgar? Tell me which makes me a nuthugger?
The thread title is "next hype train to be derailed" so basically the fact you would respond with 2 proven champions kind of gives it away dude.

How? Because I think Khabib will lose soon? Or because I think a guy who was controlled by Poirer is going to lose to Edgar? Tell me which makes me a nuthugger?

i said ''probably'' :)

anyway, i disagree with you because as others have pointed out, long win streaks against good competition and actually getting gold in convincing fashion makes one not just a hype train.

thinking anyone will lose soon is very fair. everyone eventually loses.

Ferguson
Israel
Jesus, Ferguson is far from a hype train at this point having gone many years and 12 fights unbeaten with several top 5 wins.

I'll give you Israel though I guess although he's also closing in on "proven" territory.

Back