NFL Discussion: Quarantine

Did the Dolphins win free agency?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout time I was modded

And that’s the bottom line cause Schefter said so!

Wasn't 100% pumped about giving Melvin a bunch of money while not giving Lindsay a contract. Made me wonder if management even realized he was the first UFA to run a bunch and live with his mom. Other than that I think Denver is primed to make the yoffs now that almost any swingin dick team will get an invite. Good things are always on the horizon in my mind though.

At this point it looks like KC has the division locked down for a while. You think Reid unlocked his full potential and the next few SBs will be KC vs some NFC can?

Unrelated to these imperceptible times I bought about 500lbs of charcoal due to a good sale. Meth barrel or other grills or smokers are running on a daily basis. Made some jerk chicken the other day that was the shit.

Your division is fucking stacked I think it being locked up is a little strong though KC should be heavy favorites. Can easily see Chargers and Denver having been the 2 wild card teams in the 6 team format and now it's pretty likely all three make the playoffs.

Would be surprised if Kansas City didn't make another Super Bowl under Mahomes but NFL parity is insane. League's been around 100 years and I don't think a teams has ever won three in a row(maybe I'm missing someone) even when the league was small(in NBA Celtics got to 12 straight finals with a small league). Reason Bills get such props for getting to 4 Super Bowls in a row with no wins cause that's something I don't think another championship team has ever pulled off since those 50s Browns when it was so much easier to do.

So I feel you can't expect Kansas City to represent the AFC next few years in a row. NE getting to 3 in a row took a crazy bit of luck in the AFC title games against Jags and Chiefs easily could have lost both those games. It's possible of course with Mahomes but think expecting it is a bit much.

Schefter will forever be defined to me by his devastated feels over bullygate

Yeah, I can see how giving money to Gordon and not Lindsay would ruffle some feathers. I honestly dont know how Gordon fits into Denver's scheme, either. You or @Dizzy would know more than me.

As for KC- I think this whole pandemic hit them as hard/harder than a lot of teams because they were already in salary cap hell and restrictions on travel for physicals made the FA period wonky as hell.

Whether it was Reid or the people around him, it should have been apparent that he needed an elite QB to win the SB. He is hands off on the defensive side of the ball, his clock management defencies are well known- better with KC but still bad, and his willingness to just try to outscheme everyone instead of trying to get superior players/coaches.

Having said that, KC hired Spags (competent DC), and stud position coaches (Brendan Daly, Matt House) so that shored up an atrocious defense from Sutton's last couple years.

For the Chiefs to have continued success, theyre going to have to balance Reid spending most of their cap on the offense (Mahomes signing looms), a rotating door of defensive players/position coaches, and drafting smartly- you dont always need an all-pro. Get football players that will do their job and they will hopefully put themselves in contention more often than not.

**and sounds like a BBQ party, man. Stay safe so we can continue to sling shit. lol
Brand new offense this year. I don’t know much about the Giant’s offense because I’m not a masochist.

Same feeling as Poon. Not thrilled with it but I think he’ll do alright.

funny to watch these old games on NBCSN
Peyton's first game with Denver.
so many of the players long gone by now.

No idea. I wouldn't blink if it was around $40-43 million a year. That's what was rumored at the beginning of the year.
He could/should be the first joker to negotiate for a percentage of salary cap instead of the typical salary structure. Hope he does that and I hope KC agrees to 75-85% on the deal.

Lmao Cowboys really signed Aldon Smith

I'm here to catch the heat that's definitely coming lol

Cowboys haven't had a DL suspended lately - Enter Aldon Smiff

No idea. I wouldn't blink if it was around $40-43 million a year. That's what was rumored at the beginning of the year.

I've been saying I think he gets 40 per. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more.

He could/should be the first joker to negotiate for a percentage of salary cap instead of the typical salary structure. Hope he does that and I hope KC agrees to 75-85% on the deal.

Yeah, that's another rumor that has floated around. I could see a percentage of the cap being a way to sign QBs to long term deals.

Lmao Cowboys really signed Aldon Smith

I'm here to catch the heat that's definitely coming lol

Yikes. Went off the deep end in a bad way in his last stint. Alcohol, assaults, DV, etc.

Hope hes got his head on straight for once. One of the biggest waste of talent of our lifetimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back