• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Ngannou is 285 pounds. Gane is going to the dream realm.

Wait What? I heard Ngannou is actually arrogant and dick to people if hes not around cameras

i havent heard that outside of his former coaches, so its hard to say if thats just sour grapes.

seems like he wants to have a positive impact going forward but ill concede that it also could be great PR.

He is not 285lbs now, that's pure BS, the video is from october. He is around that weight outside camp.

Btw, anyone for who shits on Ngannou being inactive...hwt.JPG

But he does feed carrots to buses…..

The ironic thing is that actually Brazilian MMA fighters in that era were probably from wealthier backgrounds than most US fighters, the Nogs sound pretty middle class to me and so do the Rua bros.

BJJ wasnt cheap to get into in that era espeically whilst a lot of US fighters were wrestlers who learnt it for free at school/collage.

Ngannou is not 285. Cormier is talking nonsense.

Yeah, I don't buy that N'Gannou is 285, hes not putting on 20lbs of muscle in his mid 30s when already jacked and on great supplemental nutrition systems. Fans are dumb. Unless hes bulking fat and cutting water because he thinks being that heavy vs Gane is an advantage, which is a joke...Gane is the movement based, defensive fighter with good cardio, Ngannou wants to be light going into this id think.

Gane will win. Mark my words.

Honestly though I think its very tough to make an educated prediction because we've not really see either fighter tested in the way the other probably will.

giphy.gif

I'm actually totally comfortable saying there's no chance in hell Francis is 285 if any of his previous fight weights were accurate.

Shit, going by that logic Bob Sapp is a future UFC HW champ
pa3FJwH4l-Xk99rzZLceR0qJ5AKhfooWP-FFT0TQzwA.gif

He was 350lbs or close to it and 6"4

Once you exceed 300lbs you are either fat or too much muscle or both. Only a 7"0 guy could be 300lbs and not obese or carrying too much muscle but any 350lb man will gas

Heavier = slower and worse cardio, Gane is going to put a technical striking clinic on him.
Gane is obviously more technical, but I dont know if Ngannou and slow can be in the same sentence. The guy has some serious fast hands

Francis might be 285 now, but remember, by the time the fight starts he'll be much lighter from not being able to afford food, and from having to walk everywhere because he can't afford a car.

Life's tough when you're broke.

I wouldnt be shocked if Ngannou attempts some grappling in this match personally, if not right away then perhaps as a plan B if he can't KO Gane in the first round or two.
The most hilarious aspect of this particular sound byte and thread, is on Jan 21st we likely see a trimmed down 245 lb Frank Ngannou... in hindsight we will realize that Sherdog collectively paid entirely too much attention to UFC ‘s own MasterShill Daniel Cormier, know ESPN lip service extraordinaire...
<36>

He is always close to 280. And stays in shape. Natural SHW, low body fat.

The most hilarious aspect of this particular sound byte and thread, is on Jan 21st we likely see a trimmed down 245 lb Frank Ngannou... in hindsight we will realize that Sherdog collectively paid entirely too much attention to UFC ‘s own MasterShill Daniel Cormier, know ESPN lip service extraordinaire...
<36>
22nd January, Ngannou is going to be 255-260lbs, Gane is going to be 250-254lbs. They will look just the same size.

I'm so torn on this fight. They are both great strikers but in essentially polar opposite ways.
Either Ngannou sleeps him or Ciryl puts on a clinic to win a decision.

Back