Ngannou is 285 pounds. Gane is going to the dream realm.

I expect him to be just south of 260 for this fight.

And added mass isn't necessarily better past some point.
Law of dinimishing returns, especially when you have suspect cardio like Francis
I would say Francis is all-in on ending this fight in the early rounds given this compromise of heavier weight. I think it could be a good bet for him too.
Gane's center of gravity at 260 is not like Derrick Lewis who is like a fire hydrant. he's top heavy. easier to potato sack.

LOLing...you seem offended that I made fun of the average man-muscle-worhipping Sherdogger! Hee hee hee...Did you take that personally? Don't worry, bro...I ain't talking about you. Of course not.

Jarl
The average sherdogger is of a similar build to ngannou, you know how it is

I couldn't write a more Sherdoggery title than that. I remember reading almost the same thing before Izzy vs. Costa. "Durrr...Big Muscles! Big!!!! So stroooooooooooong...hurr hurr, can't...lose!" Sherdog will never change.

Jarl
That's because the majority on here have never trained, or fought, and have no idea.

What about that pic from last week or so in which he was very defeated?
Dude put on 40lbs of lean mass in a week or two?
Sounds feasible.

Here are his recent weigh ins:
253 vs Lewis
254 vs Blaydes
258 vs Cain
255 vs JDS
260 vs Rozenstruik
263 vs Stipe

He doesn't cut weight, he loses some during camps. He had to cut weight for the first Stipe fight because he did have a real training camp.

It's not the first time someone who weighs at 263 cuts weights, there are actually countless examples of fighters coming 1 or 2 lbs below the limit after a weightcut, especially at HW.
Doesn't mean they didn't cut.

Fair on the 250ish times tho, but I doubt he is 253/4lbs to be honest. Certainly doesn't look like it, 253 is Gane's regular weight and Francis is considerably bigger.

I assume he will diet down to 270lbs or 275lbs then cut less in water weight. Be 270lbs or 275lbs on fight night

Doubt it until I see the weigh ins. Unless his body looks obviously bigger and he comes in at 265lbs then I would say no he's not.

For the past 5 years Ngannou has bounced back and forth in the range of 253lbs and 263lbs. He's never came in at even 264lbs from what I know(at least in the past 5 years) which tells me he probably he's never cut weight given he's been down at 253lbs, 257lbs...etc and back up to 263lbs a few times.

I would say Francis is all-in on ending this fight in the early rounds given this compromise of heavier weight. I think it could be a good bet for him too.
Gane's center of gravity at 260 is not like Derrick Lewis who is like a fire hydrant. he's top heavy. easier to potato sack.

I agree, he has like two rounds to end Gane or it's Ciryl fight to lose.
I think his best bet is to go all out while he has his massive KO power in the early rounds

Doubt it until I see the weigh ins. Unless his body looks obviously bigger and he comes in at 265lbs then I would say no he's not.

For the past 5 years Ngannou has bounced back and forth in the range of 253lbs and 263lbs. He's never came in at even 264lbs from what I know(at least in the past 5 years) which tells me he probably he's never cut weight given he's been down at 253lbs, 257lbs...etc and back up to 263lbs a few times.

There has been multiple examples of know cutters coming 2lbs below the limit especially at HW.
Just because it's very professionally done in wrestling and wrestler know how to optimize it, doesn't mean everyone cares or does, especially since he isn't cutting massive amounts of weight like some of the smaller fighters/pro weight cutters.
I notice it's mainly americans that seem to have this bias too, due to their wrestling culture.

I saw Ngannou get fat for the first time since he became champ. That extra weight is not muscle like shertards think. He'll be around the same size when he fights.

There has been multiple examples of know cutters coming 2lbs below the limit especially at HW.
Just because it's very professionally done in wrestling and wrestler know how to optimize it, doesn't mean everyone cares or does, especially since he isn't cutting massive amounts of weight like some of the smaller fighters/pro weight cutters.
I notice it's mainly americans that seem to have this bias too, due to their wrestling culture.

It would be 2lbs below the limit for championship and 3 lbs below the limit for non championships and most of his fights have been non championship.

Why did he come in at 262 against Overeem....thats 4 pounds for a 266 weight limit.

If Ngannou has ever cut weight it's completely insignificant amount. All the evidence is that he's actually a guy who is 253lbs to 263lbs when in peak fighting shape. Now this time could be different but I can't tell until weigh ins.

It would be 2lbs below the limit for championship and 3 lbs below the limit for non championships and most of his fights have been non championship.

Why did he come in at 262 against Overeem....thats 4 pounds for a 266 weight limit.

If Ngannou has ever cut weight it's completely insignificant amount. All the evidence is that he's actually a guy who is 253lbs to 263lbs when in peak fighting shape. Now this time could be different but I can't tell until weigh ins.

He has not been 253lbs since when?

could mean the drop 265 will just make him gas faster as he will have keep up or chase down Gane... this could end up like Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit
A 20 pound cut from 285 is . . . not much of a cut. Learn to use a calculator for fuck's sake.

It's not the first time someone who weighs at 263 cuts weights, there are actually countless examples of fighters coming 1 or 2 lbs below the limit after a weightcut, especially at HW.
Doesn't mean they didn't cut.

Fair on the 250ish times tho, but I doubt he is 253/4lbs to be honest. Certainly doesn't look like it, 253 is Gane's regular weight and Francis is considerably bigger.
I am quite sure he didn't cut for his last fight. I know that he did for the first Stipe fight, when he also weighed in at 263lbs, but he looked very different.
Gane was in the 240s but bulked up for this fight, I don't think he looks smaller than Ngannou.

It was vs Lewis in 2018. And he was 255 against JDS in 2019.
He was also 253 in his first fight with Blaydes way bay back when.

Ngannou himself has said that his most ideal fighting weight is 255. And judging from his recent pictures - this looks to be the weight he wants to come in at against Ciryl. I think he showed up 263 against Stipe to really make grappling difficult for him, with his team seeing how much smaller Stipe got over his trilogy with DC.

For some reason people like to exaggerate his size.

Back