Rumored Ngannou to earn $20 million, not including PPV and sponsorships against Anthony Joshua!

The most anticipated fight in the world right now has nothing to do with Jones or Dana/UFC, even after Dana and Jones did everything they could to disparage Francis. And to think, the UFC could have been part of this. Dana done fucked up royally.

They could still be part of it. Nganou vs Jones is still on the table. Would sell way better than Jones vs Stipe.

Ngannou to earn $20 million, not including PPV and sponsorships against Anthony Joshua!
That's nothing more than an estimate based purely on Forbes (which is NOT legitimate), and while I'm sure Ngannou is making far more than what Dana offered him, the source for this thread isn't reliable.

MMA needs to pay better but the lunatics run the asylum in boxing. AJ and Fury getting 50 mil to fight an MMA fighter when people have wanted them to face each other for over 5 years. Its an absolute shitshow of a sport.

I'm curious with Ngannou, Derek Brunson, and Corey Anderson making waves after leaving the UFC, is this going to spread more, and we will start to see more and more big-name fighters leave the UFC for bigger pay orgs?

I don't get it why people are so hung up on "take that, Dana dickriders!!".

Did it look like Ngannou had failed big time? Yes. Did anyone actually believe that he was gonna fight Fury? Not many. Did ANYONE believe that he was gonna make it a close fight and thereby immediately establish himself as a serious contender in boxing? No.

Most of the "haters" weren't and aren't haters - they were simply being realistic by saying that Ngannou fucked up.

If you thought Ngannou wasn't going to fight Joshua/Wilder/Fury then maybe you weren't a hater, but you certainly weren't being smart.

I mean you saying that "did anyone believe he would be a serious contender" is exactly why he would have fought them, and is why the fight happened. Promoters see the fight as a no brainer, Fury sees the fight as an easy pay check - even if Ngannou had gotten his ass beat he would have made more money than if he had stayed in the UFC.

If you seriously think that the heavyweight champion cannot leverage more money outside the UFC than I suppose now you know. I don't get how people somehow think the UFC underpaying fighters is not real (you did not say this, but essentially, if people thought Ngannou wasn't going to make more money outside the UFC that is what the logic would say).

Hahaha@ whoever believes those numbers. Fights that take place in the Middle East are a joke and don’t do well in ppv #’s. This is another circus fight. Anthony will not take this as a sparring session like Fury did, he’s going to finish ngannou to set up Aj vs Fury for a huge belt fight.

I don't get it why people are so hung up on "take that, Dana dickriders!!".

Did it look like Ngannou had failed big time? Yes. Did anyone actually believe that he was gonna fight Fury? Not many. Did ANYONE believe that he was gonna make it a close fight and thereby immediately establish himself as a serious contender in boxing? No.

Most of the "haters" weren't and aren't haters - they were simply being realistic by saying that Ngannou fucked up.
^

People talk as if they just knew Francis would get the Fury fight and knew that it was going to look like it did. Prior to the Fury fight being signed, it was the most reasonable take to assume it wouldn't happen. Prior to fight happening, the most reasonable take was that Fury would school him.

They could still be part of it. Nganou vs Jones is still on the table. Would sell way better than Jones vs Stipe.
Yeah, but you and I both know that Dana would never in a million years risk Francis beating Jones. Not only that, Dana done laughed at a reporter for asking that question, then proceeded to tell him what a stupid fucking question it was.

I'm curious with Ngannou, Derek Brunson, and Corey Anderson making waves after leaving the UFC, is this going to spread more, and we will start to see more and more big-name fighters leave the UFC for bigger pay orgs?
It's inevitable if the UFC keeps going the way it's going imo.

That's nothing more than an estimate based purely on Forbes (which is NOT legitimate), and while I'm sure Ngannou is making far more than what Dana offered him, the source for this thread isn't reliable.

He still gets at least $10 mil. Which is much more than he ever did in UFC. His last in UFC was $600k

Also Mighty Mouse just said on Rampages podcast that he makes substantially more in One Championship. That trade was another huge blunder by Dana imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back