Ngannou vs Stipe probably ends like Blaydes-Lewis

Ah cardio Cain. That was a long time ago. I doubt Stipe has the ability to go that type of pace. He did use that strategy quite some time ago but it wasn’t great for him back then and would definitely not work now. He can still mix up takedowns and strikes better than Blaydes but that relentless pace won’t work at his age.

I figure Ngannou will be more patient this time around, which will make it more dangerous for Stipe. The last time Ngannou’s ego got to him. He went in looking for a KO and made it easy to slip his punches and mix in takedowns. I expect Ngannou to try and counter Stipe this time. This could mean we are in for another Ngannou vs BB, where they both wait for the other guy to go first but I doubt Ngannou rushes in again.

I really wonder if Ngannou can fight in a style that is completely different from every fight he’s fought in, in a championship fight no less.

I think so as well. I think Ngannou gets it done this time. Uppercut finish.

I really wonder if Ngannou can fight in a style that is completely different from every fight he’s fought in, in a championship fight no less.
It’s not different. Look at his fight with JDS, Arlovski, even Overeem. They were all counter punches. At one time he was primarily a counter puncher. Overeem even said that one of the things that sets Ngannou apart is his reaction time.

It’s not different. Look at his fight with JDS, Arlovski, even Overeem. They were all counter punches. At one time he was primarily a counter puncher. Overeem even said that one of the things that sets Ngannou apart is his reaction time.

I don’t remember the Arlovski fight but I do remember the JDS and of course Reem finishing sequences. The difference with Stipe though is that he will transition immediately to a takedown after the initial flurry.

Haha true but let's not pretend that was prime Cain, dude had no knees and basically retired after that fight

Cain already came out and admitted there was nothing wrong with his knee. Ngannou's uppercut dropped him.

Stipe submits him this time. Round 3 or 4

Cain already came out and admitted there was nothing wrong with his knee. Ngannou's uppercut dropped him.

I'm talking about the multiple surgeries he had going into the fight, you know, why he only fought once in 5 years because of it

I don’t remember the Arlovski fight but I do remember the JDS and of course Reem finishing sequences. The difference with Stipe though is that he will transition immediately to a takedown after the initial flurry.
Possible but also possible that Ngannou shucks his takedown and catches Stipe with an uppercut, same as the Cain fight. Cain shot for takedown that Ngannou sprawled on. He followed through, driving him to the fence and got caught with an uppercut. All it takes is one and not even from an ideal angle. Not saying Stipe won’t win but it’s far from a slam dunk. Ngannou won’t fight like he did last time and will be much more dangerous.

I personally don't think Francis has improved. He's kind of one dimensional, and that dimension isn't exactly technical or precise. He kinda just swings and hopes to connect. Stipe has high fight IQ and will likely chop at the legs, takedown, ground and pound and if it doesn't end by TKO then it will by submission or decision.

Possible but also possible that Ngannou shucks his takedown and catches Stipe with an uppercut, same as the Cain fight. Cain shot for takedown that Ngannou sprawled on. He followed through, driving him to the fence and got caught with an uppercut. All it takes is one and not even from an ideal angle. Not saying Stipe won’t win but it’s far from a slam dunk. Ngannou won’t fight like he did last time and will be much more dangerous.

Can’t disagree with any of what you say. Ngannou has had success with opponents rushing in on him and him rushing in on opponents. I wonder if Stipe will just keep it at a distance unless Ngannou rushes in on him then takedown. Maybe that was his plan in the first fight as well.

If this fight Ngannou doesn’t rush in and Stipe still stays on the outside I wonder what will happen?

Can’t disagree with any of what you say. Ngannou has had success with opponents rushing in on him and him rushing in on opponents. I wonder if Stipe will just keep it at a distance unless Ngannou rushes in on him then takedown. Maybe that was his plan in the first fight as well.

If this fight Ngannou doesn’t rush in and Stipe still stays on the outside I wonder what will happen?
If that happens there’s a real possibility we get another Ngannou vs BB, with nothing but feints and both guys just waiting for the other guy to go first. No matter who wins, I hope we don’t get that.

ngannou has a chin jds doesn t tho he d probably wouldn t even notice cain s punches
I actually forgot that fight happened which is funny since it was Cain's debut on ESPN & FOX where he got knocked out and embarrassed in seconds. (The FOX card being the JDS KO)

I was thinking of the Cain who made JDS a punching bag for 10 rds and that was against a Junior with amazing TDD where as Ngannou doesn't.

Miocic is so much better than Ngannou it's not even funny

Ngannou will always have a puncher's chance though

Well, I commend you for watching that ass whooping twice
It's interesting. No sub attempts. And for a guy to gas that hard and make it 25 minutes is crazy too. I don't know how the next one turns out, but I'm hoping someone gets finished.

I've seen the fight twice and it amazes me that Stipe never attempts a submission

Then watch it a third time and pay special attention to the end of round 2

It's interesting. No sub attempts. And for a guy to gas that hard and make it 25 minutes is crazy too. I don't know how the next one turns out, but I'm hoping someone gets finished.

I like good fights with high level skills, strategy and fight iq. But yeah, you're in good company with the Tough Man and BKFC crowds.

Haha true but let's not pretend that was prime Cain, dude had no knees and basically retired after that fight
Still, that short range uppercut right on the chin was slick and should definitely worry Stipe.

Back