Rumored Ngannou vs Zhang or Parker Dec.23rd Saudi Arabia

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It is highly likely that Ngannou’s second fight as a professional will top the bill with the likes of both Zhilei Zhang and Joseph Parker touted as opponents for the 37-year-old former UFCchampion, who dropped Fury with a left hook in the third of their ten-rounder. High-level talks about the clash have taken place this week with an announcement expected at some point next week.

On the undercard, 20-1 heavyweight Martin Bakole is highly likely to feature once more following his fourth-round stoppage of Carlos Takam at the Kingdom Arena on Saturday night.

The Scotland-based Congolese puncher became a crowd favourite in Riyadh after making a huge impression on the Saudis, who have now requested that he boxes again on December 23.

His fellow heavyweight Moses Itauma is also expected to box again after he crushed Istvan Bernath inside a round on Saturday night. The 18-year-old prodigy is slated to box at the Copper Box on December 2 and, with all being well, will then attempt to go 8-0 in Saudi.

Feels risky for Francis. Zhang probably boxes him up, Parker maybe too but even if Francis beats Parker I don't think his stock goes any higher.

I'd wait and see how Fury/Usky plays out. If Usyk wins I could see Fury retiring, and if Fury wins they could pay Usyk to postpone his rematch clause to let Francis step in.

I'll definitely watch but was hoping for Joshua or Wilder, if not the lineal champ.

Hell yeah, let's see Francis in the ring with somebody who's going to take him serious
The more Franky fights the better

It'll likely be Parker. Just the other day Ngannou said that he was in talks with Wilder and wanted to do it in MMA (mixed rules). Zhang is a dangerous fight for him. Everything he throws is hard and he's a massive southpaw. Parker is the much safer fight especially since he just got stopped by Joyce not long ago.

If the two I'd like to see vs Zhang just for shits, but I'd also rather see Zhang vs an established top contender.

It will be Parker, unfortunately. Zhang would bring some fireworks and we’d definitely get a knockout. Parker is likely losing a dull UD. All close rounds will go to Francis this time.

Joseph Parker will come in shape and has some skills. We should get to see if Ngannou can actually beat a motivated heavyweight opponent. Personally this fight seems dangerous for him. If I were his management I'd go for a faded name like Chisora or another top 20 type of guy that is shopworn.

Joseph Parker will come in shape and has some skills. We should get to see if Ngannou can actually beat a motivated heavyweight opponent. Personally this fight seems dangerous for him. If I were his management I'd go for a faded name like Chisora or another top 20 type of guy that is shopworn.
Is Parker really motivated though? Whenever i see him in biggish fights he’s a huge disappointment, way too passive. You are right about him being in shape. I’ve never seen him look bad physically; i just question his desire to actually fight.

Is Parker really motivated though? Whenever i see him in biggish fights he’s a huge disappointment, way too passive. You are right about him being in shape. I’ve never seen him look bad physically; i just question his desire to actually fight.
Parker has shown up in bad shape before. It was a contributing factor in him getting stopped by Joyce last year. He came in really heavy and gassed out. I believe it was his career heaviest. Parker has decent boxing skills but he's not dangerous and really hasn't looked good in years. Another reason this will happen is because Parker is Fury's mate. I'm sure he'd like to avenge his pal after the success that Ngannou had against him.

Parker has shown up in bad shape before. It was a contributing factor in him getting stopped by Joyce last year. He came in really heavy and gassed out. I believe it was his career heaviest. Parker has decent boxing skills but he's not dangerous and really hasn't looked good in years. Another reason this will happen is because Parker is Fury's mate. I'm sure he'd like to avenge his pal after the success that Ngannou had against him.
Okay, i missed the Joyce fight. At least he looked good on the weekend, so he has no reason to show up out of shape in December. The fight is a bit if a hard sell, though. As far as i know Parker has no real fan base; can’t see anyone clamouring to see him fight.

Parker ain’t fighting him and he’ll lose if he does. It’s just another big athletic guy he’ll struggle with

Zhang is a 50/50 fight for me .

Okay, i missed the Joyce fight. At least he looked good on the weekend, so he has no reason to show up out of shape in December. The fight is a bit if a hard sell, though. As far as i know Parker has no real fan base; can’t see anyone clamouring to see him fight.
Parker is a PPV star in NZ but his resume has been trash for years now his best win I think is Chisora for years now .

I didn't see him fight over the weekend but he was in there against Simon Kean who isn't even a contender. Parker knocked him out but years back some nobody got rid of him even quicker. I agree that it's a hard sell. I really can't think of the last time Parker looked good against a worthy opponent. Even in his fight against Ruiz (before he upset AJ) most thought it was a gift decision. Parker can box a bit but he doesn't excel at anything.

If Wilder's next fight isnt either AJ, Zhang, or Ngannou I will be disapointed.

I didn't see him fight over the weekend but he was in there against Simon Kean who isn't even a contender. Parker knocked him out but years back some nobody got rid of him even quicker. I agree that it's a hard sell. I really can't think of the last time Parker looked good against a worthy opponent. Even in his fight against Ruiz (before he upset AJ) most thought it was a gift decision. Parker can box a bit but he doesn't excel at anything.
Canada’s own Simon Kean! I saw him fight a few years ago and thought he was dreadful. I was surprised to see him on the undercard last weekend, but figured he’d been brought in to lose. I remember the Ruiz fight and thought it could have gone either way.

Why wouldn’t he just hold out for wilder or Joshua?

zhang is dangerous as fuck. He has very little name recognition and he’s massive with great boxing skills, don’t think that’s a good fight.
Either bang out chisora or go for a big name

Back