Rumored Ngannou vs Zhang or Parker Dec.23rd Saudi Arabia

It's a quick turnaround. I expect a somewhat winnable fight. They want to keep the hype on Ngannou and if he wins his next fight, he'll be a pretty big star and a solid contender for whomever he wants. It's a gamble but it's a good gamble.

I didn't see him fight over the weekend but he was in there against Simon Kean who isn't even a contender. Parker knocked him out but years back some nobody got rid of him even quicker. I agree that it's a hard sell. I really can't think of the last time Parker looked good against a worthy opponent. Even in his fight against Ruiz (before he upset AJ) most thought it was a gift decision. Parker can box a bit but he doesn't excel at anything.
I think @MC Paul Barman was his only actual fan on this site. There was one more guy but I dont remember who he was. But Paul always liked Parker.

And Joyce zapped whatever he had left in him.

Ngannou said he wanted to fight in February, I doubt he would take a fight so early and vs these guys when he can get Wilder or Joshua

Not sure how big the offer is from Turki but I wouldn't take these fights. Francis has hype right now. Fighting those guys will only lessen that hype, even if he wins. The only way he keeps his momentum is if he steamrolls them in specular fashion, and that's not likely. He's coming off of a surprising performance vs the lineal HW champion of the world. He needs to capitalize on the hype to fight Wilder, AJ or Fury again.

Part of me (the cruel part) wants to see him against influencer-killer Tommy Fury, but he'd never move up a weight class, even against an 0-1 HW coming off a loss to his older fatter half-brother. What a craven. ;)

Either matchup is better than Fury II in my book.

I think that with no more surprise factor Ngannou is in for a reality check, but that’s still one more big payday.

As @Seano said if he wants to keep up the hype he should fight tier 3 guys rather than going for contenders.

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t he just hold out for wilder or Joshua?

zhang is dangerous as fuck. He has very little name recognition and he’s massive with great boxing skills, don’t think that’s a good fight.
Either bang out chisora or go for a big name
Exactly. He is in a top spot right now but he should be realistic. If he gets brutally KOd his stock drops straight away and every heavyweight boxer will be gunning for him now.
Wait for Fury rematch or take a big fight with Joshua or Wilder.

It would be smarter to pick a softer opponent for Ngannou. Efe Ajagba perhaps.

It's still a massive risk. It's Francis 2nd fight. He got beaten on the feet by Ciryl Gane, yes, not in boxing but boxing was a large part of it. We just don't know how compromised Fury was and how hard reality might snap back against a motivated opponent.

The best option is Wilder, but seemingly with that out of the question, the Zhang fight fits best with what the Saudis are trying to achieve. If Zhang crushes him, then you've cashed out Francis but you've brought Chinese eyeballs and now you can set Zhang up for another mega-fight that serves Saudi interests.

Parker or anyone else is stupid because if Francis loses, which is likely, you are left with basically nothing.

Joshua is the biggest fight out there. AJ is a huge PPV star, bigger than Fury or any of the others. If they were able to stage it in somewhere like Nigeria or Ghana it would be great. If not, then South Africa. Unfortunately it will probably go to Saudi again, which is annoying.

wow, this may be the most disrespectful interview i have ever seen

seems francis' team is targeting Joshua next

Yeah this is disgraceful. I've never seen this side of Dewey before. Never realized he was such a prick and the man's ego is the size of a small planet. The guy behind the camera that he's insulting actually used to post here. He went by @ProBoxingInsidr. We just called him PBI for short.

Yeah this is disgraceful. I've never seen this side of Dewey before. Never realized he was such a prick and the man's ego is the size of a small planet. The guy behind the camera that he's insulting actually used to post here. He went by @ProBoxingInsidr. We just called him PBI for short.
The interviewer is lucky he did not get slapped. Every single question was trying to belittle their performance, what's his problem? Dewey is speaking facts and showing great patience.

The interviewer is lucky he did not get slapped. Every single question was trying to belittle their performance, what's his problem? Dewey is speaking facts and showing great patience.
Dewey is speaking facts? He's talking out of his ass and acting like a butthurt child. Wasn't patient or professional in the slightest. Debate him without hurling personal insults and trying to flex. What PBI should've done is terminated the interview there and then. Both of these guys are constantly around each other so there was no need for Dewey to act like a jackass.

Exactly. He is in a top spot right now but he should be realistic. If he gets brutally KOd his stock drops straight away and every heavyweight boxer will be gunning for him now.
Wait for Fury rematch or take a big fight with Joshua or Wilder.

The problem with waiting for fury is that fury might not be willing or even able to fight.

if fury fights Usyk in feb. They rematch end of the year, you’re going to wait an entire year for a rematch that might not happen until early 2025. He has momentum. Wilder and Joshua don’t seem to fight each other. He should take a Joshua fight for big money

Makes no sense for Ngannou to risk taking smaller names. He should just wait for Wilder and Joshua.

He is 37 not many more fights left before retirement beckons. Use the fury fight as a stepping stone to mcgregor type payouts. Zhang and Parker don't bring in the big bucks.

Back