Ninjitsu go dan test

Tbh I start to appreciate TMA's a little more. It's not about the actual fighting skill but more a social happening. Tradition and stuff like that. Discipline, therapeutic anger management.

Real fights nowadays getting settled with guns anyway. And in even in case of
any sort of assault , practicing ninjustsu or any other tma can give a person enough "toughness" to get out and run.

Crazy movie though.

A karate school shares the space with the Judo club I train with now...

They have an Iaido program with un sharpened blades...

The Tatami is sliced all over the place....

Try to sit in Seiza with a guy behind you who's taking a practice swing at your head.....

Still goofy fluff tho....

Either the instructor is a pure douchebag or he himself is 100% delusional.

Why not both?
Because if he actually believes this BS then he actually believes they should be able to magically sense his swing, meaning they’re failing.
If he’s not delusional he just likes the power he gets from people letting him hit them in the head with a wooden sword

You guys haven't heard of the predictive physiological anticipation effect? Where the body's processes and nervous system seems to react to future emotional response events?

In summary we have made the following points in this article.

• PAA, the predictive physiological anticipation of a truly randomly selected and thus unpredictable future event, has been under investigation for more than three decades, and a recent conservative meta-analysis suggests that the phenomenon is real.

• Neither QRP, expectation bias, nor physiological artifacts seem to be able to explain PAA.

• The mechanisms underlying PAA are not yet clear, but two viable yet difficult-to-test hypotheses are that quantum processes are involved in human physiology or that they reflect fundamental time symmetries inherent in the physical world.

• The evidence indicates that there is a temporal mirroring between pre- and post-event physiological events, so that the nature of the post-event physiological response is a reflection of the characteristics of the PAA for that event.

• Temporal blurring, in which closely overlapped emotional events may confuse or minimize both post-event responses and PAA before the event, may be a critical factor in isolating and amplifying PAA. %However, the noise introduced by this blurring may be limited by strictly “closing the temporal loop” between pre-stimulus and post-stimulus responses.

• The principles of temporal mirroring and temporal blurring both guide the recommendations for designing reliable PAASTs.

• Future research with multiple stimulus modalities, long inter-trial intervals, multiple individuals simultaneously exposed to the same stimulus, and machine-learning techniques will advance our understanding of the nature of PAA and allow a better harnessing of the delay before future events unfold.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2014.00146/full

Article is at least 10+ pages, 20+ if you include notations/sources.

Ironically, in actual combat the effect would seem less useful, unless inflicting violence gave you an aroused or pained emotional response? And, if both have that power, the faster one still wins. Raises some question about visualizing being hit while dropping your guard as being a usesul ruse against opponents that use this sort of "magic". Like the matador analogy used so often in fighting. Yet, you can never tell if your opponent decides to ignore this instinct and use pure technique or reflex... Pretty interesting stuff, could explain some of the "X factor" some fighters seem to have.

Raises some question about visualizing being hit while dropping your guard
There's the problem, that you most likely will be hit even if will not drop guard. Question is in what place and how you are able to decrease effects from these hits, avoid more hits and set up your offence.
For this purpose automatization serves better than visualisation.

Because if he actually believes this BS then he actually believes they should be able to magically sense his swing, meaning they’re failing.
If he’s not delusional he just likes the power he gets from people letting him hit them in the head with a wooden sword

A blind person would probably do better at this exercise than these guys off the bat.

I don't get why just because they can't see what's going on, it has to be voodoo if they can sense something. There are other senses, you know.

A blind person would probably do better at this exercise than these guys off the bat.

I don't get why just because they can't see what's going on, it has to be voodoo if they can sense something. There are other senses, you know.
well, if you're talking about smell, hearing, touch, and taste, none of those will really help you here...

I participated in such tests and know some of the people. It kind of pains me to say this as for some years I trained Ninjutsu and we trained very hard but this test is nonsense and simply doesnt work. Especially like that.

Before the 90s they made the test and either you rolled out of it or you had at best a concussion. Then when Hatsumi (the soke who holds the sword) lowered all standards to a pathetic point ($) more and more they made a gimmick out of it like what you see here. He flooded NInjutsu with fatty blackbelt westerners who cosplayed Ninjas with no physical demands anymore.

Back then I believed in the test in that if I would only be experienced enough I would simply know when he would hit. Nowadays with much more experience. No sorry it was a gimmick. I do know from mountaneering that when in live or die situations our senses are heightened to a point were we "feel" much more and maybe than its possible like in battle, but you cant simulate it and you cant put someone with a live sword there who kills all people who dont pass:D (that may have been the ancient version as was told). If the person holding the sword has intent and will to kill yes I agree an experienced person may react acordingly. But well its always a risk.

I know that one of my teachers who was one of the first foreign students of Hatsumi did the test with a sharp steel sword. That had to be early/mind 80s.

When we trained Katana / Sword fighting all drills were done with wodden swords but if you were at a certain point we started training with real swords. Takes a lot of discipline and technical skill. Still injured myself quite bloody one time:)

Most teachers back then had no competence at all regarding fighting but there were some very tough badasses. Near all were ex military to my knowledge. Some out of Germany (few) and Ireland/England/Scottland/Netherlands. United States near 100% cosplay dummies.

Later on many practitioners who wanted to train serious and disagreed with handing out McDojo belts split from hombu dojo in Japan but these were few and I dont know if anyone of them still does train.

Nowadays every Ninjutsu group I know of in my area are esoteric loosers who would die if a squirrel attacks them.

At its height when I trained it Ninjutsu incorporated boxing (very crude ineffective version), Judo, Kicks, weapons and clinch fight with joint locks and fantastic technical variability. The rolling and falling training was a lot more skilled than even in Judo and Aikido and physical training was at competitive to pro sports level. Really was a great martial art!

Last edited:
I participated in such tests and know some of the people. It kind of pains me to say this as for some years I trained Ninjutsu and we trained very hard but this test is nonsense and simply doesnt work. Especially like that.

Before the 90s they made the test and either you rolled out of it or you had at best a concussion. Then when Hatsumi (the soke who holds the sword) lowered all standards to a pathetic point ($) more and more they made a gimmick out of it like what you see here. He flooded NInjutsu with fatty blackbelt westerners who cosplayed Ninjas with no physical demands anymore.

Back then I believed in the test in that if I would only be experienced enough I would simply know when he would hit. Nowadays with much more experience. No sorry it was a gimmick. I do know from mountaneering that when in live or die situations our senses are heightened to a point were we "feel" much more and maybe than its possible like in battle, but you cant simulate it and you cant put someone with a live sword there who kills all people who dont pass:D (that may have been the ancient version as was told). If the person holding the sword has intent and will to kill yes I agree an experienced person may react acordingly. But well its always a risk.

I know that one of my teachers who was one of the first foreign students of Hatsumi did the test with a sharp steel sword. That had to be early/mind 80s.

When we trained Katana / Sword fighting all drills were done with wodden swords but if you were at a certain point we started training with real swords. Takes a lot of discipline and technical skill. Still injured myself quite bloody one time:)

Most teachers back then had no competence at all regarding fighting but there were some very tough badasses. Near all were ex military to my knowledge. Some out of Germany (few) and Ireland/England/Scottland/Netherlands. United States near 100% cosplay dummies.

Later on many practitioners who wanted to train serious and disagreed with handing out McDojo belts split from hombu dojo in Japan but these were few and I dont know if anyone of them still does train.

Nowadays every Ninjutsu group I know of in my area are esoteric loosers who would die if a squirrel attacks them.

At its height when I trained it Ninjutsu incorporated boxing (very crude ineffective version), Judo, Kicks, weapons and clinch fight with joint locks and fantastic technical variability. The rolling and falling training was a lot more skilled than even in Judo and Aikido and physical training was at competitive to pro sports level. Really was a great martial art!
i mean ninjistu as a whole is a gimmick.
ninjas were spies...fighting was very low on their list, so if they had a specific style of fighting, it was probably pretty crude, since the only time a spy should be fighting is when they're caught, and if they're getting caught they're probably not spying right.
even for assasinations, i'd bet in the old days a woman sneaking some sort of poison into the food/drink of the target was a much more common method than using weapons of any sort

i mean ninjistu as a whole is a gimmick.

Nope not at all. Ninjutsu has nothing to do with "spy". Back then there was one ryu about it but think about it as strategy lessons in todays military. Its hopeless outdated so it doesnt get taught anymore besides in some mumbojumbo groups.

Ninjutsu in itself doesnt even exist. Its a word that incorporates several old ryus (fighting styles) and depending on the focus of that ryu completely different techniques. They date from very different eras of Japans history. The ryus were legit and proven but even when I learned it only some of them were still trained. Others did get lost in time. I do have it all written down somewhere.

There are battle field styles, a jiu jutsu/Judo style...etc.

I did train Shotokan Karate and Judo before changing to Ninjutsu and we had
a good Karate club. Trained f.e. with Marjin Glad one time & was at a Seminar with Sensei Tanaka if you know a little about JKA Karate. Thats why I could compare. Learned worlds more in Ninjutsu.

Last edited:
Back