Media No love lost between Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping

Hopefully bisping loses the other eye. Fuck that POS. And Dan won the 2nd fight.

fy6mUe9pX_utSuEl4Grc5CZUPguB5UbEeI7lqdVWyVg.jpg

Ping can say whatever he wants, but he’ll never get back what Hendo took from him that day.

He's a former UFC champion now who's still articulate enough to do high paid media jobs and has the respect and reverence of fans and fighters.

Dan Henderson has much of that too, but he appears to have more brain damage between the 2.

Also, just remembered that Bisping avenged the loss (via questionable decision).

And a steroid blight on your legacy is pretty serious.

He's a former UFC champion now who's still articulate enough to do high paid media jobs and has the respect and reverence of fans and fighters.

Dan Henderson has much of that too, but he appears to have more brain damage between the 2.

Also, just remembered that Bisping avenged the loss (via questionable decision).

And a steroid blight on your legacy is pretty serious.

Oh yes I bet Hendo is sitting there envious of Ping’s role as a UFC commentator. The fact that Hendo is worse for wear after his career is just a testament to the level of competition he faced and the wars that he fought. Hendo was the first champ champ, and fought as high as HW with the distinction of melting the HW GOAT. Bisping had a cindarella performance against Luke and then ducked every legitimate contender at MW, AND he almost lost to Hendo in the rematch as you mentioned. To characterize that razor thin decision win as “avenging a loss” is hilarious. Luckiest guy ever. Anderson finished him with a knee and the ref figured Ping should get a chance to collect himself and continue. Hendo is forever Bisping’s daddy. Period. His resume is objectively loaded with better wins and accomplishments than Bisping’s.

Oh yes I bet Hendo is sitting there envious of Ping’s role as a UFC commentator. The fact that Hendo is worse for wear after his career is just a testament to the level of competition he faced and the wars that he fought. Hendo was the first champ champ, and fought as high as HW with the distinction of melting the HW GOAT. Bisping had a cindarella performance against Luke and then ducked every legitimate contender at MW, AND he almost lost to Hendo in the rematch as you mentioned. To characterize that razor thin decision win as “avenging a loss” is hilarious. Luckiest guy ever. Anderson finished him with a knee and the ref figured Ping should get a chance to collect himself and continue. Hendo is forever Bisping’s daddy. Period. His resume is objectively loaded with better wins and accomplishments than Bisping’s.

I mean, that's the opinion you have as a hardcore MMA fan who holds PRIDE in high esteem but 99% of people will always ask Hendo "oh, but were you ever a UFC champion?".

Only Bisping can comfortably and easily answer "yes" to that question.

Also Bisping beat A. Silva and Hendo lost to A. Silva.

I mean, that's the opinion you have as a hardcore MMA fan who holds PRIDE in high esteem but 99% of people will always ask Hendo "oh, but were you ever a UFC champion?".

Tell me you’re a newb without telling me. Aside from your join date, it’s obvious. Ask yourself, young man, did Hendo and Bisping fight the same Anderson? Then ask yourself while setting aside your zoomer hot take about the level of Pride competition, did Bisping ever fight at HW? Bisping was a paper champ. You weren’t around then, but everyone on this forum acknowledged that he was ducking the legitimate MW contenders. Luke absolutely styled on him in their first match. He was a career journeyman. The premise of your argument is, “BuT WaS He A UfC ChAmP?!” You know who else was a UFC champ? Nicco Montano and Jamahal Hill. I guess their legacies are better than Hendo’s too, right?

Tell me you’re a newb without telling me. Aside from your join date, it’s obvious. Ask yourself, young man, did Hendo and Bisping fight the same Anderson? Then ask yourself while setting aside your zoomer hot take about the level of Pride competition, did Bisping ever fight at HW? Bisping was a paper champ. You weren’t around then, but everyone on this forum acknowledged that he was ducking the legitimate MW contenders. Luke absolutely styled on him in their first match. He was a career journeyman. The premise of your argument is, “BuT WaS He A UfC ChAmP?!” You know who else was a UFC champ? Nicco Montano and Jamahal Hill. I guess their legacies are better than Hendo’s too, right?

read my post carefully before you jump to conclusions bro.

You made so many assumptions about what my opinions are.

You can't even compare there careers. Hendo is arguably an all time great that reached heights that not many can compare to over multiple organisations and through multiple stages of evolution in the sport. He had a level of longevity and success they will most probably never be replicated.

Bisping while a good fighter(I was always a fan) could never break through that ceiling to the upper echelon and was turned around at the gate multiple times. Bisping biggest strength was his belief in him self and when gifted the opportunity he grabbed it. The old saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" fits what he did perfectly.

You can't even compare there careers. Hendo is arguably an all time great that reached heights that not many can compare to over multiple organisations and through multiple stages of evolution in the sport. He had a level of longevity and success they will most probably never be replicated.

Bisping while a good fighter(I was always a fan) could never break through that ceiling to the upper echelon and was turned around at the gate multiple times. Bisping biggest strength was his belief in him self and when gifted the opportunity he grabbed it. The old saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut" fits what he did perfectly.

that's a hardcore fan opinion that will gradually become smaller and smaller.

as far as 99% of people are concerned, one is a former champion and the other one isn't.

also you're seeing a lot of MMA fighters reference Bisping is an inspiration.

Poirier, the Dagestani pirate guy, Chito Vera, etc..

I'm not seeing many people list Dan Hendo as an inspiration.

that's a hardcore fan opinion that will gradually become smaller and smaller.

as far as 99% of people are concerned, one is a former champion and the other one isn't.

also you're seeing a lot of MMA fighters reference Bisping is an inspiration.

Poirier, the Dagestani pirate guy, Chito Vera, etc..

I'm not seeing many people list Dan Hendo as an inspiration.
It's a Informed and educated opinion.

And alot of fighters use him as inspiration because as I said he never stopped believing in himself, worked through injuries, towed the company line and made the most of an undeserving title shot (Dustin and Chito)

Sharrabullet and Bisping both have fycked eyes. Of course he's inspirational to him

It's a Informed and educated opinion.

And alot of fighters use him as inspiration because as I said he never stopped believing in himself, worked through injuries, towed the company line and made the most of an undeserving title shot (Dustin and Chito)

Sharrabullet and Bisping both have fycked eyes. Of course he's inspirational to him

haha but, just like, in what sense does Hendo look better if there are more fighters who look up to Bisping and most fans in general?

hardcore fans congregate on sherdog and have these discussions, but in real life, Bisping is more triumphant.

his career and life have a storybook type of flow whereas Hendo has a Urijah Faber kind of thing where he's like "well, you see, there's this org that existed one time, and at a certain point, it had the best fighters in the world, and I did a lot of big things over there, you see., and when you look at my legacy through that type of historical context and understanding, my career is pretty epic and legendary, you see?"... ain't nobody got that time for that!

I always liked Bisping and Hendo. I don’t want to hang out with either of them. I think both are probably a little crazy, but most in this sport are.

Man you are way to invested in this. Hendo's accomplishments are not your accomplishments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pastroloco1
Back