Media No love lost between Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping

One of these guys has enough brain power left to be a commentator and interviewer for the UFC and is set for life, the other looks and sounds terrible and only has this moment to bring out every now and then. One of these men will be forgotten, if he’s not already, while the other is on UFC programming every month. So who won in the long run?

Nobodies crying wolf or using excuses

We know what ur saying, but the way u say makes it seem like he was holding two UFC belts simultaneously. He did not. It's not some little known fact, everyone knows he was a double champ in pride

Double pride champ yes, but again he was champion of nothing during his UFC career
Your gonna take my words now and twist them up watch ...when i typed it so clearly 🙄

Pride was bought out by UFC correct?

Therefore all the fighters that came over to UFC were in Fact UFC fighters correct ?

The fact that UFC said he was makes it so as well correct ?

Dan Henderson fought as Champion in the UFC correct ? in fact twice correct ?

Once on September 8th 2007
Champion Vs. Champion

and the other on March 1st,.2008
Champion vs. Champion

Undeniable facts that Dan Henderson was the first simultaneous Double Champ in the UFC

any more questions before you re-arrange my words to fit your narrative?

Going by what I know from people who have had to deal with him he's an intensely unlikeable person.
I've never heard of anyone who had an interaction with him IRL have anything good to say about the man.

Speaks volumes imo. Legend inside the cage/ring, but seems to be a prick outside of it.

Last edited:
Ping lost nothing ,
he is doing perfect after retirement and still making tons of money because of what happened to him

Ping can say whatever he wants, but he’ll never get back what Hendo took from him that day.

disagree. bisping had the best moments of his career and popularity many years after that. so if anything, it set him on the course of success.

Hendo should have at least been suspended for that follow up. Dirtbag move (or just roid rage)

One of these guys has enough brain power left to be a commentator and interviewer for the UFC and is set for life, the other looks and sounds terrible and only has this moment to bring out every now and then. One of these men will be forgotten, if he’s not already, while the other is on UFC programming every month. So who won in the long run?

Hendo.

disagree. bisping had the best moments of his career and popularity many years after that. so if anything, it set him on the course of success.

The man definitely needed to get humbled. He was wildly overrating himself just because he had good conditioning and decent striking for the standards of that time.

His overall game was not good, later on his fight IQ improved quite a bit.

The Hendo fight was just puzzling because everyone apart from Bisping could see that KO coming from a mile away with the way he was circling into Henderson's right hand.

the amount of fans hendo has from having a bit of a country/redneck vibe is insane. his fans will give him a pass for anything. i've said it a million times, back when this fight happened no one liked bisping and wanted exactly what happened. but over the years we have come to see hendo was the villain and bisping has become popular and loved for a reason.

Imagine if Anderson Silva was still talking about the time he tooled Forest

dan henderson has never been articulate or charismatic. he’s always looked kinda old and stiff. and he is in fact old—the man is 53, while bisping is just 45. when they fought the first time, dan was almost 39. when they fought the 2nd time, dan was older than bisping currently is. so comparing how they look and sound in 2024 is as pointless as it was in 2009.

in a recent interview they asked dan about his “rivalry” with bisping. he doesn’t seem to give a shit, talked about it for less than a minute. starting 19:16

dan did mention that everyone always brings up the ufc 100 ko, which i’m sure they do. after all, it was the best knockout in ufc history.
Whose bank balance is bigger?
textbook cope. i’ve heard bisping make this argument himself. any time you need to justify yourself by pointing to your bank account (or diminish others by pointing to theirs), your accomplishments are not speaking loud enough.
the amount of fans hendo has from having a bit of a country/redneck vibe is insane.
^^^ <WellThere>
i was wondering where this new wave of hendo hate came from. i should have guessed it was political. it usually is.

Tell me some unlikeable things about Dan
He likes to bully civilians, is contemptuous of just about everyone he meets, untrustworthy, and a notorious skinflint constantly trying to get comped meals and drinks.

I've never met him but according to the people who have he's just awful to be around.

It is all he has, Hendo was a tough SOB but he got put down in almost every big fight. We have to love him though for this KO it was great. Like Masvidal said, you fight until the ref stops it. Turner found that out the hard way last night. He had the finish on Moicano but he wanted to showboat and it cost him in the end.
Hendo was a 2-division Pride champ and Strikeforce champ. He also ko'ed Fedor. It's like saying all Alistair Overeem has is the Lesnar win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back