Media No love lost between Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping

One of these guys has enough brain power left to be a commentator and interviewer for the UFC and is set for life, the other looks and sounds terrible and only has this moment to bring out every now and then. One of these men will be forgotten, if he’s not already, while the other is on UFC programming every month. So who won in the long run?
If you think Hendo has been forgotten or will be forgotten, you are an absolute idiot.

Please stop. Just stop. Get some help. It's extremely unhealthy to be this much in denial.

Hendo was a 2-division Pride champ and Strikeforce champ. He also ko'ed Fedor. It's like saying all Alistair Overeem has is the Lesnar win.
While you are correct, Dan himself never mentions any of those accomplishments unless specifically asked about them.

He mentions KOing Bisping 14 years ago 3 or 4 times a month on his twitter, unprompted.

Dan himself clearly sees that as his biggest accomplishment. He's becoming the Izzy "I beat that guy one time" meme.

Don't care what anyone says Dan's a POS for throwing that shot when he even later admitted he know he was out cold.
There was a referee, and Bisping was the recipient of Herb Dean letting him recover from a knee that put him out, when he should’ve been “protecting himself at all times, against Anderson Silva. What if walking off like Hunt & Anderson tend to do, burns the fighter as the referee allows it to continue? It almost happened to Max against Korean Zombie as well.

Perhaps Dan is an inarticulate guy who fights until the referee pulls him off?
One of these guys has enough brain power left to be a commentator and interviewer for the UFC and is set for life, the other looks and sounds terrible and only has this moment to bring out every now and then. One of these men will be forgotten, if he’s not already, while the other is on UFC programming every month. So who won in the long run?
Dan has never been very articulate, even as a coach on TUF, it was clear one guy was a better speaker than the other.

Assuming Dan wants to be in the public eye is faulty. Perhaps the inarticulate fighter doesn’t even want a high profile life? Having a twitter and doing JRE doesn’t mean Dan wants to be visible, most fighters that I personally know are low profile, and a wrestler (non WWE) like Dan fits the profile of a guy who knows he’s no high profile commentator, and doesn’t embarrass himself. Think of a guy like Tito doing commentary or Michael Johnson trash talking Gaethje, maybe Dan knows his limits?

I mean, that's the opinion you have as a hardcore MMA fan who holds PRIDE in high esteem but 99% of people will always ask Hendo "oh, but were you ever a UFC champion?".

Only Bisping can comfortably and easily answer "yes" to that question.

Also Bisping beat A. Silva and Hendo lost to A. Silva.
Dude think about what you are saying. you are arguing not in favor of historical facts but in favor of the UFC marketing machine twisting the history of the sport to their liking.

"Bro yeah Hendo had an objectively superior career but shithead casual fans who equate MMA with the UFC are ill-informed about this so ha!"

You gotta see how ridiculous that is

Dude think about what you are saying. you are arguing not in favor of historical facts but in favor of the UFC marketing machine twisting the history of the sport to their liking.

"Bro yeah Hendo had an objectively superior career but shithead casual fans who equate MMA with the UFC are ill-informed about this so ha!"

You gotta see how ridiculous that is

well, if you're looking at it from a hardcore fan point-of-view, you still have many people who don't esteem Hendo very highly because he built his career on PEDs and also you have Bisping who's literally a role-model for many fighters who are inspired by him becoming a champion against all expectations.

just in-general, it's better to be Bisping than Hendo.

well, if you're looking at it from a hardcore fan point-of-view, you still have many people who don't esteem Hendo very highly because he built his career on PEDs and also you have Bisping who's literally a role-model for many fighters who are inspired by him becoming a champion against all expectations.

I'm not one of those guys because I'm not naive enough to believe most athletes are clean, regardless of the sport. But if you wanna go down that route, PEDs weren't against the rules in Pride and were seemingly encouraged. Also you remind me, did he ever get popped while fighting under Strikeforce or the UFC? I don't think so as far as I recall. He had his TRT exemption that some whine about but it was all above board so take it up with the dope testers. Also let's not forget that Rampage has heavily implied Bisping was on something as well

I'm not one of those guys because I'm not naive enough to believe most athletes are clean, regardless of the sport. But if you wanna go down that route, PEDs weren't against the rules in Pride and were seemingly encouraged. Also you remind me, did he ever get popped while fighting under Strikeforce or the UFC? I don't think so as far as I recall. He had his TRT exemption that some whine about but it was all above board so take it up with the dope testers. Also let's not forget that Rampage has heavily implied Bisping was on something as well

valid points bro, I can see you're a logical guy.

I'm going to propose something that you might consider something ridiculous = Bisping's legacy is on par with Hendo's.

if you compare the notable wins & losses between the 2, they're not that far apart from each other.

Bisping actually a decent list of notable wins and Hendo has 66% more losses.

i was wondering where this new wave of hendo hate came from. i should have guessed it was political. it usually is.

saying that hendo has fans from his country/redneck vibe isn't political

While you are correct, Dan himself never mentions any of those accomplishments unless specifically asked about them.

He mentions KOing Bisping 14 years ago 3 or 4 times a month on his twitter, unprompted.

Dan himself clearly sees that as his biggest accomplishment. He's becoming the Izzy "I beat that guy one time" meme.
Or it's just an iconic moment over a guy he really doesn't like?

Imagine if someone took your Sherdog posts and said "this is all that @OldBoy91 ever thinks about" - would that be accurate? No?

Then why is it accurate when you do it with Hendo and his posts on social media? Why do you spend so much time and emotional effort on another person's online posts? What is your actual point here?

You've spent more time on this subject today than Hendo spends talking about Bisping in a month. Consider that for a moment.

Or it's just an iconic moment over a guy he really doesn't like?

Imagine if someone took your Sherdog posts and said "this is all that @OldBoy91 ever thinks about" - would that be accurate? No?

Then why is it accurate when you do it with Hendo and his posts on social media? Why do you spend so much time and emotional effort on another person's online posts? What is your actual point here?

You've spent more time on this subject today than Hendo spends talking about Bisping in a month. Consider that for a moment.
Guy white Knighting for another grown man on the internet questioning why somebody takes "so much time and emotional effort" to state a couple of facts. That's delicious lmao.

We know what ur saying, but the way u say makes it seem like he was holding two UFC belts simultaneously.
Mike Said :

Double pride champ. KO of the HW goat, decision win over the #2 all time HW. Most iconic ko in the history of the sport. UFC tournament winner. Wins from 1997 to 2016 over the likes of:

Carlos Newton
Hector Lombard - Rich Franklin
Vitor Belfort - Wanderlei Silva
Murilo Bustamante x2
Fedor Emilianenko- Gilbert Yvel
Antonio rodrigo Nogueira-Murilo Hua
Michael Bisping -Renato Sobral x2
Mauricio Shogun Hua x2
Tim Boetsch-Rousimar Palhares
Rafael Calvacante -Kazuo Misaki
Allan Goes-Renzo Gracie

Mauricio Shogun Hua Vs Hendo is often described at as one of the best back-n-forth MMA battles ever.
One of these men will be forgotten, if he’s not already, while the other is on UFC programming every month.
Neither one will be forgotten from true fans, but slandering Dan is a loser's move.

"Dan's career ended just like it began - littered with top quality opponents. I will be omitting the THREE OPENWEIGHT Tournaments Hendo fought early in his career, because they weren't in major organizations.

In just Hendo's fourth pro fight he faced The Ronin himself, Carlos Newton. Let's take a look at all of Henderson's top wins, keeping in mind that there are some notable differences between PRIDE FC and the UFC.
The Middleweight division in the UFC had a weight limit of 199 pounds pre-UFC 33, and a limit of 185 pounds post-UFC 33. The same weight class in PRIDE had a limit of 205 pounds (what we now know as Light Heavyweight).
For the purposes of scoring, we will consider 205 pounds to be Dan's "home", as he won two of his three belts there and that's where his most sustained run of success was".

Last edited:
I can see you're a logical guy.

I'm going to propose something that you might consider something ridiculous = Bisping's legacy is on par with Hendo's.

if you compare the notable wins & losses between the 2, they're not that far apart from each other.r

Bisping actually a decent list of notable wins and Hendo has 66% more losses.

Bisping's legacy is on par with Hendo's.​

<{katwhu}>

If you typed that response sober, your trolling is exceptional... or you need serious help.

Comparing Mike's "decent list of notable wins" to Hendo's, and/or Hendo's win/loss ratio "66 percent more losses" is almost as ignorant as it is comical.

You, or Anyone, putting Mike and Hendo's fight resume ANYWHERE close at all to equal is either brainless, misinformed, a moronic paid POS Dana shill, or all 3 combined.

If I EVER make such an ignorant comparison of two MMA fighters, I'll happily give up my man card and never post here or "MMA fan" again.

Last edited:
saying that hendo has fans from his country/redneck vibe isn't political
it is indeed political, in the same way remarking that “aljo only has fans because of his urban / woke vibe” is political. everyone know what you’re suggesting.

That’s based on the assumption that every retired fighter wants to be high profile & seen. Dan has never been articulate; thus I don’t think he’s suffering just because he’s not as eloquent as retired fighters like Overeem, Rutten, or even Bisping.

Dan appears to be a good health and living a low profile lifestyle, something I could see a guy like Poirier, Dillashaw, or Frankie Edgar doing. And Dan arguably has a top 10 all time legacy

it is indeed political, in the same way remarking that “aljo only has fans because of his urban / woke vibe” is political. everyone know what you’re suggesting.

sorry but no.

Look I can't keep typing it over n over ok.

Dan Henderson was the first simultaneous Double Champ in the UFC .. it was not conor McGregor

so you can throw words around or try and mix it up to fit your agenda .. but what I said Is 100% facts

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on MMA, but WTF are you talking about?

Back