No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
I'm thinking after I finish my Altar hunting I'm probably going to take a break until some new content comes out.

Maybe it's the clickbait talking, but word is that this game is really pissing people off with it's first "season" update. Any reason as to why that is?

Maybe it's the clickbait talking, but word is that this game is really pissing people off with it's first "season" update. Any reason as to why that is?

They made changes that slowed down the game. Lackluster seasonal content/prizes. Make people feel like the game just wasn't ready and directionless when devs go back and forth with changes like how long it takes to open town portal.

I personally find it weird that end game content funnel people into doing endless dungeons when there is such a nice open world. There should be more variety of things to do that are worthwhile at lv75+

They made changes that slowed down the game. Lackluster seasonal content/prizes. Make people feel like the game just wasn't ready and directionless when devs go back and forth with changes like how long it takes to open town portal.

I personally find it weird that end game content funnel people into doing endless dungeons when there is such a nice open world. There should be more variety of things to do that are worthwhile at lv75+

Helltides are probably the most fun thing in the game, at least for me... partly because they're open world and I guess for the absolute mountains of loot you can generate in an hour.

But yeah, they really need to release more content on an at least semi regular basis if they want people to stick around.

Helltides are probably the most fun thing in the game, at least for me... partly because they're open world and I guess for the absolute mountains of loot you can generate in an hour.

But yeah, they really need to release more content on an at least semi regular basis if they want people to stick around.

Personally I find helltide to be pretty lame lol. The horse loves to get stuck on stuff and the cooldown on it is annoying. Ontop of that the server lag makes it annoying to traverse sometimes. I haven't done helltide since hte patch but I can't really ever see myself preferring it over NM dungeons unless they make it a complete mobfest with shit tons of enemies. Idk if anyone played Marvel Heroes it was essentially a Marvel Diablo clone but they had these certain zones in the game where mobs and boss events would spawn basically nonstop and you'd just go around destroying things until you don't feel like it anymore. If helltide was like that In think it'd be awesome.

I like the NM dungeons for the most part. But I am part of the crowd that enjoyed D3 rift endgame and I play the game to nuke things and don't really care about exploring or big boss fights. I don't find the open world to really be interesting at all because end of the day I'm trying to zoom around and destroy things. I feel like when there's open-worlds/events in these types of games everyone just looks up optimal routes anyways so the whole open-world thing kind of becomes pointless. It's like when I actually do helltide i just have the map up to show where the mystery chests are and i just try to rotate through the events

Not just seasonal update, the game literally falls off a cliff after level 50. Running NM dungeons, Helltides, Legions & World Bosses gets old fast. The rewards for those don't help either.

Personally I find helltide to be pretty lame lol. The horse loves to get stuck on stuff and the cooldown on it is annoying. Ontop of that the server lag makes it annoying to traverse sometimes. I haven't done helltide since hte patch but I can't really ever see myself preferring it over NM dungeons unless they make it a complete mobfest with shit tons of enemies. Idk if anyone played Marvel Heroes it was essentially a Marvel Diablo clone but they had these certain zones in the game where mobs and boss events would spawn basically nonstop and you'd just go around destroying things until you don't feel like it anymore. If helltide was like that In think it'd be awesome.

I like the NM dungeons for the most part. But I am part of the crowd that enjoyed D3 rift endgame and I play the game to nuke things and don't really care about exploring or big boss fights. I don't find the open world to really be interesting at all because end of the day I'm trying to zoom around and destroy things. I feel like when there's open-worlds/events in these types of games everyone just looks up optimal routes anyways so the whole open-world thing kind of becomes pointless. It's like when I actually do helltide i just have the map up to show where the mystery chests are and i just try to rotate through the events

"I can't really ever see myself preferring it over NM dungeons unless they make it a complete mobfest with shit tons of enemies."

Having done it last night... kind of. There is a specific spot where there are giant mobs where I can just farm by pulling multiple groups, usually 3 at a time. I used to just farm the events riding between them and avoiding the mobs... now I stop and engage the large groups because you get craploads of cinders.

My record is 43 from a single mob pull. It's much better since they greatly increased mobs to slaughter.

...oh and can we all just take a moment to celebrate the removal of the Resource Burn affix from nightmare dungeons?

I want to track down whoever at Blizzard that thought that was a good idea and repeatedly punch him in the dick.

Was able to get 4 mystery chests in a helltide in 54 minutes. This is the first time since they increased the cinder cost to 250 that I was able to do this. The mob density definitely helps.

I'd prefer NMD a lot more if they stop with the stupid dungeon objective like collecting anima or free prisoners. I enjoyed D3 greater rifts, but I like them because there is a timer attached like helltide, so the sense of urgency make it a bit more exciting for me. I do wish NMD is a little bit more like GR in that if you complete it within a certain time and deathless, you get one extra prize or bonus glyph xp, and get all your loot at the end after you beat the dungeon so the whole experience is more streamlined.

Was able to get 4 mystery chests in a helltide in 54 minutes. This is the first time since they increased the cinder cost to 250 that I was able to do this. The mob density definitely helps.

I'd prefer NMD a lot more if they stop with the stupid dungeon objective like collecting anima or free prisoners. I enjoyed D3 greater rifts, but I like them because there is a timer attached like helltide, so the sense of urgency make it a bit more exciting for me. I do wish NMD is a little bit more like GR in that if you complete it within a certain time and deathless, you get one extra prize or bonus glyph xp, and get all your loot at the end after you beat the dungeon so the whole experience is more streamlined.

Agreed. I remember the old days of going into a giant dungeon and just exploring rather than the strict requirements and painfully repetitive patterns that we have now.

I get that Blizz don't want people just running past all the other mobs to the end boss to speed run through dungeons but fuck... it just seems to have lost something with the constant jumping through hoops requirements in EVERY fucking dungeon.

Replayed the campaign as a rogue and have now started season 1. I am still having a great time.

However, the power disparity between the rogue and sorcer class cannot be overstated.

My rogue at level 53 has attack power 120 pts greater than my level 66 sorc. That's with DOZENS fewer paragon points and still just the first paragon board in play.

Makes no sense at all.

Edit:. That's also with almost no legendaries too

Last edited:
Replayed the campaign as a rogue and have now started season 1. I am still having a great time.

However, the power disparity between the rogue and sorcer class cannot be overstated.

My rogue at level 53 has attack power 120 pts greater than my level 66 sorc. That's with DOZENS fewer paragon points and still just the first paragon board in play.

Makes no sense at all.

Edit:. That's also with almost no legendaries too

Yeah but have you looked at the sorc post last weeks 1.1.1 large buffs to the class?

OK, well that's just ludicrous... I cleaned out every chest in a hellfire bar one and I am pretty sure with some minor tweaks to the farming technique that I could clear the lot of them.

Currently leveling FAR faster than on my Necro just due to the ridiculous amount of giant mobs in helltides and nightmares now. Would be really curious to play my necro in this kind of environment. Would be hilarious to one shot a group of 30 mobs LOL

I think they may have gone too far in the other direction, there is just no threat in the helltides anymore, even the assassin, I just ignore and run past him while farming.

I have to say, some of the side quests may be the best content in the game. Minor Spoils:

The one where you start tracking the guy who was with Elias and you end up where the opening cinematic happened. <chef's kiss>

End minor spoilz

PS. Is there anyway to easily watch the opening cinematic again? Or does it just play if you leave the game sitting at launch?

Lastly, I'm giving serious consideration to playing the game again as a Necro. Also, my enjoyment of this game has me questioning whether I'll be buying Starfield at launch...

yay!

i hope they push more content, make the battle pass more interesting, i was level 71 when i was breezing through nm dungeon 100, love druid pulverize so satisfying to play but now its just endless nightmare dungeons, helltide at world bosses.

i hope they push more content, make the battle pass more interesting, i was level 71 when i was breezing through nm dungeon 100, love druid pulverize so satisfying to play but now its just endless nightmare dungeons, helltide at world bosses.

At least they doubled the amount of mobs to kill in Helltides and NM dungeons. I am about lvl 88 on my barb and I'd say that it has taken me about half the time that it took to get my non seasonal necro to lvl 90.

But yeah... if they don't release more content soon, they are going to see a serious drop off in their player base.

In season one with my rogue, I cannot get the ability to craft sigils to unlock. I'm level 57 have completed the campaign, several Wishing tree or whatever quests, have completed several level 1 and level 2 dungeons but I cannot get the level 3 sigil to drop so I can complete it to open up ability to craft sigils. Any ideas? The internet seems confused on what the solution is...

@Contempt

Last edited:
In season one with my rogue, I cannot get the ability to craft sigils to unlock. I'm level 57 have completed the campaign, several Wishing tree or whatever quests, have completed several level 1 and level 2 dungeons but I cannot get the level 3 sigil to drop so I can complete it to open up ability to craft sigils. Any ideas? The internet seems confused on what the solution is...

@Contempt

I was exactly the same... I had to do 12 x lvl 2 nightmares before a level 3 dropped. It was frustrating as shit. No idea why Blizz let that garbage happen.

Seasonal 93. Leveling is massively quicker now which is nice but still getting boring, need more content.

Back