PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

Is Xbox even getting the FF7 remake? They already announced they are working on part 2 of the remake, and now they just announced 16.

Nothing's been mentioned since, so who knows at this point

Is Xbox even getting the FF7 remake? They already announced they are working on part 2 of the remake, and now they just announced 16.

I think it is. We wont know for sure until March that's when the exclusive deal ends. Then again I think FFXV sold poorly on Xbox so maybe Sony paid enough to make Square skip it altogether.

Might have to get my first Playstation console since PS2 if it is a truly console exclusive (like Sony has never lied before) and not just some timed shit like FF7 remake was.

He surprisingly liked FFX15

he hates Kingdom Hearts though.

I agree with all of his Square Enix complaints

I was actually waiting for him to tear FF15 to shreds but he never did. His 3/5 means he actually completed the game.

Watching his FF7Remake video was pretty hilarious. Anime grunting.

They really gotta stop with this warpy sword combat shit though. Just do a regular battle system already!

FF7R was much more grounded and slower than FF15. FF15 had fun combat but it definitely got a bit too crazy and sloppy at times and the camera angles didn't help either. There wasn't really much of that in FF7R aside from having to jump up to fight airborne enemies sometimes, but there wasn't any of that teleporting above enemies and then to the ceiling/wall etc etc.

This one looks more similar to FF7R and not spazzy like FF15.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/fin...ment-and-scenario-production-already-complete

Basic development and scenario production for Final Fantasy XVI are already compete, according to a new recruitment page for the title on Square Enix’s careers website.

“We have already completed basic development and scenario production, and are continuing to create large-scale resources and build boss battles while expanding our various development tools,” the website reads. “Also, most of our staff are carrying out their work remotely.”

Square Enix is currently seeking final staff to help complete the world of Final Fantasy XVI with various stages and fields, large-scale cutscenes, character actions, and so

As a cynic who hated FF15 and wasn't particularly thrilled at the FF7 remake, this actually looks like some solid storytelling. (Granted I am a Yoshida mark from the 14 days)

They really gotta stop with this warpy sword combat shit though. Just do a regular battle system already!
I liked the open world and characters of FF15, but I couldn't finish it due to the combat. Some games need real time combat, but FF's turn based was much better than what we got.

I'm confused by this.

"is a full exclusive for 6 months (after which it can come to non-console platforms)"
So it's a PS5 exclusive for 6 months? Then it can go to PC?

But here;
"& a console exclusive for 12 months (after which it can also come to other consoles)"
wtf?? lol. Is he saying it's a 6 months exlusive to PS5, then an addtional 6 months to other consoles (Xbox?) before it can go elsewhere like PC?

I liked the open world and characters of FF15, but I couldn't finish it due to the combat. Some games need real time combat, but FF's turn based was much better than what we got.

I liked the combat enough, but it was the exploration and cooking with my buds like I really loved. Once you go to that water city, it starts to get more and more lilnear as the games goes on, evntual becoming a near literla corridor thing. I also didn't like the lesser use of summons. They were awesome in action though!

I won't get this. I hate the hack and slash gameplay that the series has gone to. I enjoyed my turn base FF games.

I'm confused by this.

"is a full exclusive for 6 months (after which it can come to non-console platforms)"
So it's a PS5 exclusive for 6 months? Then it can go to PC?

But here;
"& a console exclusive for 12 months (after which it can also come to other consoles)"
wtf?? lol. Is he saying it's a 6 months exlusive to PS5, then an addtional 6 months to other consoles (Xbox?) before it can go elsewhere like PC?

I liked the combat enough, but it was the exploration and cooking with my buds like I really loved. Once you go to that water city, it starts to get more and more lilnear as the games goes on, evntual becoming a near literla corridor thing. I also didn't like the lesser use of summons. They were awesome in action though!

First 6 months PS5 only, then goes to PC then a year after release can be on other consoles

FF7R was much more grounded and slower than FF15. FF15 had fun combat but it definitely got a bit too crazy and sloppy at times and the camera angles didn't help either. There wasn't really much of that in FF7R aside from having to jump up to fight airborne enemies sometimes, but there wasn't any of that teleporting above enemies and then to the ceiling/wall etc etc.

This one looks more similar to FF7R and not spazzy like FF15.

The FF7R combat was amazing I loved it. Hated FF15 and this looks more like FF15 but will see.

First 6 months PS5 only, then goes to PC then a year after release can be on other consoles
e71be4d4d1f3d6290b0edd7f8117ffae_w200.gif

I'm all out of likes but thank you! I can wait 6 months if I don't already have a PS5. I like playing my Final Fantasy on Sony systems ever since FF7, it was my first FF game.

Playing the remake has been glorious! I actually stopped playing it, and won't start again until the next installment is close. I bought it digitally, so hopefully it gets beefed up for the PS5.

Playing the remake has been glorious! I actually stopped playing it, and won't start again until the next installment is close. I bought it digitally, so hopefully it gets beefed up for the PS5.

You should go ahead and beat the remake and then come back to beat it again under hard mode. FF7R under hard mode makes a lot of changes to the gameplay that it's just a different game. They change the way you can heal and recover mp and the bosses are even different. It's a way more fun game under hard mode and feels like the game was really meant to be played that way. Way to hard for casuals to just jump into though.

Back