PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

You should go ahead and beat the remake and then come back to beat it again under hard mode. FF7R under hard mode makes a lot of changes to the gameplay that it's just a different game. They change the way you can heal and recover mp and the bosses are even different. It's a way more fun game under hard mode and feels like the game was really meant to be played that way. Way to hard for casuals to just jump into though.
Thanks man, I didn't know it changed so much. Is it like an NG+, where you keep upgrades?

If it's different enough regardless, I can always replay it before the next one comes out to refresh things.

Thanks man, I didn't know it changed so much. Is it like an NG+, where you keep upgrades?

If it's different enough regardless, I can always replay it before the next one comes out to refresh things.

Yep you keep upgrades, items, levels, and I think that's it. Yea I was shocked how different it was. Most hard mode is just more life + attack and that's it. They went out of their way here to make it a unique experience and I was very impressed.

I agree FF7R on Hard is a lot of fun. Not nearly as difficult as you’d think it would be but still challenging enough to where you have to plan things out a bit more. You also get to use Materia that you probably didn’t care to use in Normal mode which adds some more depth and variety

I need to do a hard mode run on FF7R, did my first playthrough and then haven't touched again since.

I'm glad its looking like Yoshi P is splitting his time well with this game and the upkeep with 14.

Last edited:
https://na.finalfantasyxvi.com/

Teaser site is up, Main Character is called Clive Rosfield and its set in the land of Valisthea . Its confimed Joshua is Clive's brother. Next lot of news will be early 2021. Site still only says PS5 also for now.

50542209717_17903636c7_o.png

Very reminiscent of XIV's design on loading screens

Is this why Sony "delayed" the big show?

Is this why Sony "delayed" the big show?

No that's probably more like when thier First Party stuff has more to show GOW, GT7 etc, TGS is end of September/Start of October and they saying we'll probably not see the game then especially as by then Yoshi P will be starting the media runs for the new FF14 Expansion as that comes out in November.

I think we'll have maybe another state of play before then whether it's the big one or not who knows.

No that's probably more like when thier First Party stuff has more to show GOW, GT7 etc, TGS is end of September/Start of October and they saying we'll probably not see the game then especially as by then Yoshi P will be starting the media runs for the new FF14 Expansion as that comes out in November.

I think we'll have maybe another state of play before then whether it's the big one or not who knows.
Yoshi P is the only competent director at Square Enix workin on a Final Fantasy series anymore. Bless him. I have faith.

Yoko Taro is amazing as well

Last edited:
We'll see Final Fantasy has been pretty meh since X. Although I did enjoy the VII Remake.

Bit of an update from the livestream with Yoshi P and Sakaguchi (creator of the FF series) today

• Main Scenario are complete
  • Models are almost complete
  • They just have to brush up some of the quality a bit
  • Yoshida said Square would kill him if he revealed how much time production lasted (possibly since FF14: Heavensward so 2015/2016)
  • They started with the scenario and they didn't stop working on it. They started with a small number of people. The production period was long but they didn't want to increase manpower until they had something that was good and they decided on what they wanted to do.
  • They prioritized scenario and then divided the scenes
  • Sakaguchi asked if he could write a quest for the game. Yoshida said he could do it for FF14 instead, he replied he doesn't want to go against Matsuno and Yoko

No problem with delays, i don't even know when i'm going to put hands on a PS5

Btw this risk to be my favourite FF ever
May seem not so original but to me is best FF setting/chara design i seen in years

Been a long time since they made a good FF game. It's a shame what happened to this franchise.

Back