Multiplatform (]***Official GTA6 Thread***[)

I'm always happy for a new GTA. I'm excited to see if the hype is true and the graphics are really going to blow us away. Also, supposedly this will have the best water physics of any game ever. Hope so.

It seems like just yesterday I woke up to this:

Now let's compare and see how different the GTA VI one is.

I will buy it an play it but when so many people “responsible” for the classic story driven games of the past are gone and then when they as a company have sullied themselves with the shit that was the trilogy! I don’t have high hopes. It won’t be bad but I don’t expect anything near the story telling of red dead 1 or 2. I certainly don’t expect the humour and razor to the neck satire we have come to expect from GTAs. It will be good. They will make a lot of money. It won’t have even close to the impact GTA or GTA3 but on the bright side it will probably dilute their GTA5 online market so that 39 years after I’m dead they may release a game worthy to sit on the same shelf as their classics

I hope I’m wrong.

Love GTA, really wish this was a true Vice City sequel set in the 80s but oh well. I'm fully expecting a Fall 2024 date only for it to inevitably get delayed to Fall 2025.

I doubt they'll fuck up a trailer, but I have big reservations about it, now that their messiah ain't watching over them. They haven't done anything of note, since he left.

Hoping for the best. Expecting a catastrophe.

Curious how Rockstar will handle the GTA Online community with this new title.

<{Joewithit}> (If even close to this)

They can't.

That clip is a 20-foot stretch of beach.

Imagine having to continously render hundreds of feet of beach, as well as the rest of the open world within 300 feet of your player position.... on an XBox Series S.

And they better not try to try to pull a Starfield and make it 30PFS.

60FPS or GTFO.

1701500743593.png

Concept map. It's rumored to be ~2x bigger than GTA V. I am hoping it'll be even bigger than that, and with other islands to spare. Bahamas? Cuba? Some aspect of South America? All together?

They can't.

Imagine having to continously render hundreds of feet of beach, as well as the rest of the open world within 300 feet of your player position.... on an XBox Series S.

60FPS or GTFO.
Damn. Well how good do you think it'll end up being? R* supposedly hired like 20 engineers to focus solely on water mechanics and physics.

Even if it's not as good, I hope it'll be leaps and bounds better than the water in RDR2 and especially V.

Damn. Well how good do you think it'll end up being? R* supposedly hired like 20 engineers to focus solely on water mechanics and physics.

No clue. But I bet they're goal is to set a new graphical standard for open-world games in this generation of consoles.

But with open-world games the mechanics are rendering the objects within a certain distance of the camera.

For example, I've been playing Far Cry 5 on the SeriesX, and I've been impressed it runs at 4K/60FPS and it renders vehicles as far away as 300 meters of the camera. Its a last-gen game with last-gen standards but it is noteable how the number of objects rendered on screen at one time to create convincing forests, fields, mountain regions, but the water physics within the lakes & rivers are pretty weak.

Haven't played many open-world games on modern consoles so I can't really compare them.

Edit - So far CP2077 is the standard for Open-World games on modern consoles. So from GTA6, I expect 'Better than CP2077.'

Still going to require much more than pretty graphics to me to be hyped.

Last edited:
View attachment 1014160

Concept map. It's rumored to be ~2x bigger than GTA V. I am hoping it'll be even bigger than that, and with other islands to spare. Bahamas? Cuba? Some aspect of South America? All together?

Honestly, I'll take it.

The biggest problem with GTA Online was that everything was about the grind, so there wasn't much to do up north.

This looks a bit more varied

View attachment 1014160

Honestly, I'll take it.

The biggest problem with GTA Online was that everything was about the grind, so there wasn't much to do up north.

This looks a bit more varied
I wouldn't count on it being related to the final product.

Probably because it'd be too.... good.

The best GTA map was San Andreas all the way back in 2004 with three cities based off of LA, San Francisco, and Las Vegas.

With that map, the titles of the regions are too... diverse. I'm not buying Rockstar is investing in a huge single-player experience giving each region of a map like that its due respect of gameplay.

Remember - Rockstar's last 10 years have relied on GTA Online, bringing in literally tens of billions of dollars. They're investing in getting players hooked onto the online experience with microtransactions.

With GTA5, they could have developed paid expansions, adding regions to the map and single-player campaigns. But they didn't because they wanted players to be hooked onto the online.

not sure how legit this is.

Last edited:

not sure how legit this is.

That trailer looks as legit as it gets.

What's more surprising is that 'map leak' is legit, as reported by a YouTuber I respect.

View attachment 1014160

And its 'Vice City.'
Though if its set modern-day it means that 80s charm is gone.

If that size comparison is to scale, its not 'twice the size,' the island is 150% the size, not 200%.

Though it'll be appreciated there'll be separate cities/towns throughout the region. The bulk of GTA's content was within the city with the rest of the island feeling bare bones in comparison.

They can't.

60FPS or GTFO.
It's probably gonna be 30. Gonna need to ascend if you want 60.

<VinceCa$h>

I'm always happy for a new GTA. I'm excited to see if the hype is true and the graphics are really going to blow us away. Also, supposedly this will have the best water physics of any game ever. Hope so.

It seems like just yesterday I woke up to this:

Now let's compare and see how different the GTA VI one is.

<5>

I don't remember one for 3 but GTA wasn't a juggernaut before it came out.

Back