Multiplatform (]***Official GTA6 Thread***[)

27,000,000 views in 3 hours? Jesus Christ, people love these games. There is nothing even close to this game in terms of popularity..... unbelievable. Never seen views like that before for any video game.

I actually like the paying as a couple gimmick. That's an interesting twist that I wasn't expecting when the rumors were rampant that it would be a female lead to play as

The name on the Tik Tok account thats filming the old lady in the nightgown at 58 seconds is Lucha Libre fan
That better mean what I hope it means!

<{jackyeah}>

27,000,000 views in 3 hours? Jesus Christ, people love these games. There is nothing even close to this game in terms of popularity..... unbelievable. Never seen views like that before for any video game.
It's like the lineups at the mall for Vice City, in digital form.

The beach and the Miami strip scenes look insane. I hope that's a reflection of how things really are in game. That kind of density with NPC's and vehicles, while looking so good, is something we've never scene.

Dev costs are reportedly between 1 and 2 billion, and that's not factoring their marketing campaign which will follow in the coming months/years, freaking bananas. Cyberpunk cost around $450 million after the DLC and patch work since launch, while GTA V cost around $250 million total. I love how they invested massively in this!

I'm sure they've factored online heavily into this as well, as GTA V is still a money printing machine. I'm excited to see what they do there. I'm mostly looking forward to their Bonnie and Clyde-like story, but I hope they improved the online in a big way. I liked playing with my own character, but GTA V's online is a cesspool of cheaters and exploitative designs to drive you towards shark cards.

I'm sure it will be an incredible sandbox regardless, I just hope the missions aren't on rails as much, letting us tackle them in a variety of ways.

The beach and the Miami strip scenes look insane. I hope that's a reflection of how things really are in game. That kind of density with NPC's and vehicles, while looking so good, is something we've never scene.

Dev costs are reportedly between 1 and 2 billion, and that's not factoring their marketing campaign which will follow in the coming months/years, freaking bananas. Cyberpunk cost around $450 million after the DLC and patch work since launch, while GTA V cost around $250 million total. I love how they invested massively in this!

I'm sure they've factored online heavily into this as well, as GTA V is still a money printing machine. I'm excited to see what they do there. I'm mostly looking forward to their Bonnie and Clyde-like story, but I hope they improved the online in a big way. I liked playing with my own character, but GTA V's online is a cesspool of cheaters and exploitative designs to drive you towards shark cards.

I'm sure it will be an incredible sandbox regardless, I just hope the missions aren't on rails as much, letting us tackle them in a variety of ways.

GTA V made $8 billion in it's lifespan as of last year.

If that size comparison is to scale, its not 'twice the size,' the island is 150% the size, not 200%.
It's possible there's more to the overall map than just the "Florida" area. Could be islands we can't see. People have commented about how the coordinates set the "Florida" map way to the left, and there's a lot of empty water on the right. Water that could hold the Bahamas, or Cuba.

GTA V made $8 billion in it's lifespan as of last year.
That is nuts. I was looking up total gross figures, some big numbers in there. Fortnight has made $20 billion. No wonder Tim Sweeny has been able to lose so much money on those giveaways!

Any of you play Lineage back in the day? Lineage 1 and 2 made over $25 billion combined.

I'm sure this will make a killing too.

Looks incredible. But my heart sank a bit when I saw 2025.

For the last few Rockstar games they've done the reveals 18 months or so out so its normal for them now

They somehow made the South Central L.A. of San Andreas and V and even the Saints gang from the original four SR games look classy and nuanced in comparison. Man there's trash of all colors for the characters in this game, the barrio, ghetto, and trailer parks united like never before.
I just hope the controls for shooting are overhauled in a good way.

Looks like Take Two have only announced PS5 / Xbox Series Consoles versions, nothing on a PC release

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025

Looks like Take Two have only announced PS5 / Xbox Series Consoles versions, nothing on a PC release

PC version landing 1-2 years after PS5/Xbox release I’d read is the current gossip. Staggering the PC release that hard, are they more banking on multiplat players double-dipping or need the extra time for optimisation rather?

PC version landing 1-2 years after PS5/Xbox release I’d read is the current gossip. Staggering the PC release that hard, are they more banking on multiplat players double-dipping or need the extra time for optimisation rather?

Probably, the PC release for 5 ended up being "delayed" by nearly 2 years, looks better as a new release if its close to their Financial year ending / starting once the initial release for consoles has died down

Probably, the PC release for 5 ended up being "delayed" by nearly 2 years, looks better as a new release if its close to their Financial year ending / starting once the initial release for consoles has died down
At least the PC version of 5 was well optimized. The PC version of 4 came out at least six months after the console versions and still took years to fix.

At least the PC version of 5 was well optimized. The PC version of 4 came out at least six months after the console versions and still took years to fix.
Was it ever stable in the end without the influx of mods that came after?

Was it ever stable in the end without the influx of mods that came after?
I've had the Steam version for like 10 years and it's fine without mods. Even on my dad's beater PC with a 7th gen Pentium (not even a Core) and a GTX 960.

I actually like the paying as a couple gimmick. That's an interesting twist that I wasn't expecting when the rumors were rampant that it would be a female lead to play as

I'm gonna guess at least 3 possible SP endings. One where each main survives while the other dies, and the more difficult "happy" ending where both survive.

Maybe a 4th with a break up scenario.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back