Multiplatform (]***Official GTA6 Thread***[)

they should be offering the guy a job in their security division.

"Gee thank you so very much for hacking our servers and leaking alot of content/spoilers about GTA6 onto the internet for tens of millions to see.

Want a job?"

So basically you're saying it proves Naught Dog was right to cancel It's the last of us multiplayer game that ballooned beyond original scope.
Naughty Dog's problems go far beyond that cancelation.

Apparently it was in development since halfway through TLOU2's cycle, and it must have far worse problems than they're willing to admit if they just canceled it after 5 years in development.

Not buying the 'we'd have to dedicate the entire studio into supporting a live service game.' They supported the original TLOU's multiplayer for many years with no major issues.

It tells me that the bulk of Naughty Dog's real talent left the studio long ago and Neil Drukman represents the most talent of Sony's flagship 1st-party developer.

The map is huge, but the actual single-player content is meager.
It isn't, though. Where is it lacking compared to the other titles? You can personally think that maybe the game didn't evolve it's mechanics, or that the story didn't do anything for you, or whatever, but the actual content was there. It's not just a huge map, it's a huge game, that doesn't lack in content by any measure.

^^^

Anybody can blow through a 25-40 hour game in a few days. That doesn't speak to a lack of content. That just means you played it a lot in a short amount of time. You're gonna have to do a bit better than personal anecdotes to prove that GTAV was lacking in content.

Again, you don't have to like the game, and can think it was boring or whatever, but if you're trying to say that it had very little content(something I think I've only ever heard from you), you're gonna have prove it with some statistics. I mean, the average completion time for GTAV is 32 hours, whereas the average completion time for it's predecessor was 27 hours. For completionists, 100% the games were 83 hours for GTAV, and 74 hours for GTAIV.

That's not a small game lacking in content.

GTA 6 hacker handed indefinite hospital order​

An 18-year-old hacker who leaked clips of a forthcoming Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game has been sentenced to an indefinite hospital order.

He will remain at a secure hospital for life unless doctors deem him no longer a danger.

jesus fuck. they're sending a guy to the looney bin because he leaked some GTA shit.

they should be offering the guy a job in their security division.

"Gee thank you so very much for hacking our servers and leaking alot of content/spoilers about GTA6 onto the internet for tens of millions to see.

Want a job?"
bfea6d6b-e635-4e48-83c4-cb293a3e406e_text.gif

Want a job?"

often tech companies will hire people who are able to exploit their systems or others. it's not a new concept or anything. these people spend big money on security to prevent people from breaking into them, and if somebody has the kind of expertise and skillset to bypass their own security measures, they might want them on their team as they know their way around things and they would be useful to prevent these kind of exploits and help to further secure their systems.

i mean if they are able to be hacked by some high school dropout or whatever, either their cyber team sucks and they should just get rid of all of them and hire new developers and security, or they might want a guy like that on their team because they can understand this shit more than all their professionals who are paid big bucks to keep these people out of their system. either way, these people know a little something about something, so its worth considering them.

for example, apple hired Peter Hajas, the ios jailbreaker developer.

Johnny Chung Lee, the wiimote hacker, got hired by microsoft and he helped develop the kinect. he then went on to work for google as an evaluator for experimental applications

jeff moss, the black hat and def con guy receiverd a consultant job offer by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and then went on to become chief security officer for ICANN and work alongside of 3 other hackers on the government payroll.

facebook hired Chris Putnam, a facebook worm creator. he ended up developing facebooks video application

Ashley Towns, an iphone worm creator, was hired by mogeneration, an iPhone app developer in sydney australia

Michael Mooney, developer of a twitter worm similar to the samy worm, received several job offers afterwards. he accepted a developer positionm for Oregon-based web application developer, exqSoft Solutions.

do you still think that your mocking response and memes are witty and clever and what i said was stupid and completely incomprehensible, or would you like any more examples of this stuff actually happening in the real world?

i wasnt entirely joking when i threw that out there. it wouldnt be a surprising at all if some tech company calls up this guy after he gets out of the mental hospital and they offer him some kind of a computer job. and if it was rockstar games who contacted him for some kind of position, it wouldn't be the first time that this kind of shit has happened, and it wouldn't be the last.

Last edited:
I honestly found GTAV's story to be pretty meh. Not bad, just sorta lackluster.

And although the map seems big, it's really not. The city portion of Los Santos is pathetically small. Instead of having a bulk of the map be the northern parts with not much going on they should have made the entire map be the city Los Angeles. (And then added a MASSIVE wilderness area around it, like in real life)

I beat it twice within a week of buying it. I wasn't exactly rushing through it, and I took my time and did alot of side-content.
<30><{dayum}>

I honestly found GTAV's story to be pretty meh. Not bad, just sorta lackluster.
The only story that really did anything for me in the series, was GTAIV. However, they had to sacrifice a lot of random gameplay, to keep you focused on it. GTA has the same problem that open world RPGs do. Too much side content to keep you focused on the main campaign. The stories end up getting fragmented. With GTAIV, most things seemed central to Niko and his growth as a character, whereas in the other games, the main characters seem to just stumble into side activities and missions.

The only story that really did anything for me in the series, was GTAIV. However, they had to sacrifice a lot of random gameplay, to keep you focused on it. GTA has the same problem that open world RPGs do. Too much side content to keep you focused on the main campaign. The stories end up getting fragmented. With GTAIV, most things seemed central to Niko and his growth as a character, whereas in the other games, the main characters seem to just stumble into side activities and missions.

I enjoy the absurd side missions, which is why I switched over to Saints Row after beating GTA4 and never playing again.

Then SR got too wild, but thankfully GTA5 came out just in time.

I enjoy the absurd side missions, which is why I switched over to Saints Row after beating GTA4 and never playing again.
Yeah, that was an interesting time. SR3(and possibly SR2) gave people all the craziness that was missing from GTAIV, and I think it really helped that franchise and momentarily set them apart, before GTAV brought all the craziness back, and cut the nuts off of "Saint's Row", since it really couldn't compete on the same turf as Rockstar, when they decided to get back to the GTA:SA model of anything goes.

SR has been stuck in the mud ever since.

Yeah, that was an interesting time. SR3(and possibly SR2) gave people all the craziness that was missing from GTAIV, and I think it really helped that franchise and momentarily set them apart, before GTAV brought all the craziness back, and cut the nuts off of "Saint's Row", since it really couldn't compete on the same turf as Rockstar, when they decided to get back to the GTA:SA model of anything goes.

SR has been stuck in the mud ever since.

SR was San Andreas light
SR2 really broke out of GTAs shadow and was a fun mix of gangster shit and insanity
SR3 was good but going more Cartoonishness...
..everything after felt like a parady

There were SR2 TV ads that directly attacked GTA4s lame ass "hangout missions"

Gist was: "would you rather go bowling for the 5th time, or spray people with sewage/jump in front of car for insurance fraud/do drugs/ect"

SR was San Andreas light
SR2 really broke out of GTAs shadow and was a fun mix of gangster shit and insanity
SR3 was good but going more Cartoonishness...
..everything after felt like a parady

There were SR2 TV ads that directly attacked GTA4s lame ass "hangout missions"

Gist was: "would you rather go bowling for the 5th time, or spray people with sewage/jump in front of car for insurance fraud/do drugs/ect"
Yeah, I couldn't remember if those ads were for SR2 or SR3, but you're right. Personally, I have more affinity for SR3 though. I think dumping the more "serious" aspects of the franchise worked in it's favor. At least for that title. They took it WAY too far in SR4, and made the game boring by giving you superhero powers right out of the gate, which didn't really jive with a game that was built around an open world that was designed for driving and shooting. It was like playing a game with cheat codes on.

I didn't like GTAV much. Single player was meh, map was huge but felt empty. Felt like Dollar Tree San Andreas. Characters and story weren't compelling to me and the stuff they added like playing pool or whatever I didn't give a fuck about. San Andreas I made my dude a monster, learned Muay Thai, and had fun taking territory.

^^^

Anybody can blow through a 25-40 hour game in a few days. That doesn't speak to a lack of content. That just means you played it a lot in a short amount of time. You're gonna have to do a bit better than personal anecdotes to prove that GTAV was lacking in content.

Again, you don't have to like the game, and can think it was boring or whatever, but if you're trying to say that it had very little content(something I think I've only ever heard from you), you're gonna have prove it with some statistics. I mean, the average completion time for GTAV is 32 hours, whereas the average completion time for it's predecessor was 27 hours. For completionists, 100% the games were 83 hours for GTAV, and 74 hours for GTAIV.

That's not a small game lacking in content.
First I heard that GTA5 was lacking in content

did you guys saw that gta 5 was suposed to have 8 dlcs in history mode including a liberty city and las venturas expansion but it was all canceled because of fucking gta online?

online is a fucking cancer

did you guys saw that gta 5 was suposed to have 8 dlcs in history mode including a liberty city and las venturas expansion but it was all canceled because of fucking gta online?

Yeah I saw that the other day would of been interesting to see how the Doomsday stuff would of fit in with Trevor instead of online

Godammit lol

I remember in GTA V one of the first things I did was hijack an airliner and fly it into the IAA building. I was expecting it to look like 9/11 but the jet literally stopped dead in its tracks and the wings fell off like plastic. Pretty freaking lame. I am going to try it again in VI and hope it's realistic this time. I can't imagine they "wouldn't want us to do that," yet we can shoot up tons and tons of people like it's nothing.

Back