Multiplatform Official Lies of P (Pinocchio Souls) Discussion

Just cleared Laxasia the Complete, what an absolute brawl of a fight that was.

Knew she was tough so did a handful of runs with no spectre just to feel her out without burning through star fragments. Got absolutely trashed, and kept trying to find the best way to deal with her crazy long combo, and painfully to the conclusion you just have to run. Could barely get her down to 50%.

Went in with a spectre and wrecked her in the first phase. Having her split her attention makes a huge difference. Phase 2 hits and spectre died quickly and just get overwhelmed with speed. Tried a few more times with a non boosted spectre to feel out phase 2 more before I start burning through wishes, and my heavy weapon is just to slow to do any decent damage with her speed.

Watched a few videos and found a acid spear build with points in advanced strat to be the most achievable. Wasn't built for advance, but my handle had B/B in Tech/Advance so damage was still decent. Strat used a bunch of throwables, so wanted to test the damage of the build before I invested a bunch of time stocking up on consumables. Ended up taking her out in the test run. Using perfect block on her electro balls reflects them back for some killer damage, mixed with a buffed spectre and the acid DoT on the spear was enough to burn her down. Was still a close fight, so really happy to put that one behind me.

*Spoiler ahead*

Just gave my heart to Geppetto so I cant fight the real boss. Really loved the game but find that to be ridiculous. Great game overall...I am not spoiling anything when I say I wish I knew refuse to give your heart = you get to fight the boss/giving your heart = bad ending.

*Spoiler ahead*

Just gave my heart to Geppetto so I cant fight the real boss. Really loved the game but find that to be ridiculous. Great game overall...I am not spoiling anything when I say I wish I knew refuse to give your heart = you get to fight the boss/giving your heart = bad ending.

I'm at Simon now, but I'd read about the "best ending" ahead of time and knew the key choices I had to make. I absolutely would have given up my heart not knowing.

*Spoiler ahead*

I got the "Free From the Puppet String" ending.

I had a feeling giving your heart wasn't exactly a good decision so I refused. That boss battle was easily my favorite too.

*Spoiler ahead*

Same, I got fucked.

Damn it really does appear people missed my post from a couple weeks ago. For you achievement/trophy hunters you'll unfortunately need to beat it 3 times now instead of just two.

If you guys are interested in seeing all three endings I highly suggest saving the game to cloud after finishing off the final boss ( you probably already know who he is) so you don’t need to do three separate runs. You can get two endings on one playthrough this way. One ending is the bad ending which is always guaranteed by making a certain choice at the end. Once you experience this ending upload the old save and make the other choice. This next ending will depend on whether you told the truth or lied. Consistency in these choices is key to determining that ending. I tried not to spoil anything.

*Spoiler ahead*

Did you go to Hotel Krat after giving him your heart? You can do so by not choosing to go to New Game + right away. Let's just say that Geppetto makes Carlo do some really fucked up things to our friends there.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a video in the spoiler tag.

Did not know Romeo had the equivalent of the Melania bullshit attack where he swings at you for like 15 straight seconds

Just tried my luck with Laxasia. My goodness...

That second phase is something else.

Same, I got fucked.

Replaying it again I heard its a few hours only like one good day of gaming to get back. I am just running through and already on the king flame boss. Really upsetting ending...I was hoping to focus on another game now lol

Replaying it again I heard its a few hours only like one good day of gaming to get back. I am just running through and already on the king flame boss. Really upsetting ending...I was hoping to focus on another game now lol
yeah I'm at the swamp already In my second playthrough

Damage for the swamp monster is WAAAAAY overtuned in ng+

edit: beat it

Last edited:
I was scrolling down YouTube and someone made a video Lies of P final boss and they put him in the thumbnail.

That should be illegal. Game just came out

They spoiled Bloodborn the same way for me but I didn't say anything because the game was years old at that point.

I was scrolling down YouTube and someone made a video Lies of P final boss and they put him in the thumbnail.

That should be illegal. Game just came out

They spoiled Bloodborn the same way for me but I didn't say anything because the game was years old at that point.
I HATE when people do that. It ruins the excitement of the first encounter with whatever boss they are showcasing.

Struggling with the Awakened God 2nd phase. Trying to get position in this fight is like a game of chase. He swings with such wide arcs and his position moves so far, by the time I chase him down my stamina is pretty low from dodging/blocking I can only get in a hit or 2. Not to mention his giant AoE explosions I’m constantly running from.

Struggling with the Awakened God 2nd phase. Trying to get position in this fight is like a game of chase. He swings with such wide arcs and his position moves so far, by the time I chase him down my stamina is pretty low from dodging/blocking I can only get in a hit or 2. Not to mention his giant AoE explosions I’m constantly running from.
That was my least favorite phase of any boss in the game. Supposedly pre nerf he had twice as much health

Back