Multiplatform Official Lies of P (Pinocchio Souls) Discussion

Easily the worst boss in the game difficulty wise for me. The rabbit brotherhood (2nd fight) is the worst souls like boss of all time
I'm at that mini boss after the swamp monster. I forget the name but reminds me of a Bloodborne DLC enemy.

How good is this game? 8 out of 10 type thing? Solid Souls clone with unique flavour? Looks interesting to say the least

Aside from the frustrating perfect guard mechanic it's pretty great. 9/10 I'd say
This is accurate. As long as you don't let the perfect guard timing dictate your play, it's a great game. Dodging and blocking are both viable, as well as simply strafing and sprinting

Finally beat the Awoken God. Leveled up my Advance skill a bit to get some more DPS from my acid spear. Also switched using protection wishes to specter heals. That made a huge difference in his survivability. It still didn’t stop him from getting essentially 1 shot from full health. I had just healed him when the boss launched delayed light orb attack, into his cannon ball dive. The dive hit the specter followed him eating all the light orbs and getting KO’d. Thankfully the boss was already down to about 1/3 health and I still had a handful of cells and finished him off.

Getting my shit kicked in by the nameless puppet. I've gotten phase 1 down okay. Can usually get to phase 2 with half my cells just blocking and going into phase 2 with all of my other resources and legion. Then phase 2 hits and get absolutely overwhelmed by his speed. I just can't get enough distance to avoid attacks and heal. He really keeps ups the pressure and with his glowing red blades it's really hard to tell the difference in his attacks to try and mount a defence.

Weapon durability has been tough, so just picked up the accessory from the electric lady that doesn't take block durability damage. Hoping that helps.

I'm hoping to start this pretty much blind this weekend. Anything really important I should know before starting? I'm a huge souls fan/veteran

I'm hoping to start this pretty much blind this weekend. Anything really important I should know before starting? I'm a huge souls fan/veteran
I highly recommend reading the book or at least watching the movie unless you remember it well before playing. It enriches the story quite a bit.

I highly recommend reading the book or at least watching the movie unless you remember it well before playing. It enriches the story quite a bit.

It would be funny if the original story from 100+ years ago had a chapter that covered perfect guarding and i-frames.

<Oku02>

Finally beat the Nameless Puppet, had to respec towards legion and leaned on the shield to turtle up. The end scene after the true ending has me pretty pumped though, tons of potential for a sequel.

Was hoping to play around with the Golden Lie weapon, but didn't have enough humanity to unlock, even after clearing out a missed quest and available records. Messed around a bit in NG+. New skill unlocks were neat and cleared up to the City Hall pretty quick, but don't see myself playing it through for now. Time to move on to another game in the backlog. Had a great time with this and really looking forward to a sequel.

Only played the demo but I think consensus is build for evasion or blocking – either in avoidance of parrying, given its wonkiness, unreliability.

Laxasia is kicking my ass in NG+ currently.

I haven't had too much trouble in NG+ until now. I might have to respec.

Update, I was able to play a bit the last few days (just beat the archbishop) and damn is this game good. I see what people mean about perfect guarding, but I feel like I've gotten the hang of it, at least enough to not die over and over. Honestly the hardest part for me so far was the large policeman guy before I got to Geppetto

Took apart my elite series 2 and WD40'd the shoulder buttons and holy hell is this game so much easier lmao.

Got throught BRB v2 and Door Guardian. I must be near the end.

Back