Spoilers Official Lords of the Fallen 2023 Disc [PS/PC/Xbox]

That was my least favorite boss phase, can't wait. Just about done with the Adyr ending and will take on an Umbral playthrough next. Looking to just burn through hitting only required stuff and minimize any looting since I'll likely won't need any stuff on a 3rd run.
I uninstalled. All the videos I've seen of people beating this were just overpowered Pietas sword spam

I think I'm all messed up. I just killed Tancred (awesome fight btw) but I haven't even been to Calrath yet

Oh and performance has been getting worse on Series X. I really want to like this game but the combination of rubber banding and framerate drop combined with platforming and groups of enemies is making it so frustrating.

Nah, you just went out of the typical order. At worst you made it a bit harder since that area is higher level than had you progressed the main path. I believe you used the key in Pilgrims Perch, can't remember all of the main branching paths.

There is another one when through the frozen area using the Fief key at one of the early vestiges for the Windmill.

Beat the boss and am literally at the place to initiate the umbral ending. Game crashes as I'm using the platforms to reach the giant eyeball thing. Twice now.

Found an OP combo to supercharge survivability.

There is a radiant spell called invigorating aurora that grants health Regen at like 14hp per tic, and like 2 tic/sec for for around 28hp Regen per sec. Once activated it drains your mana at about 3ish Mana and lasts until you turn it off of you deplete your mana. I am using a +10 catalyst so that effects the Regen amount. Miles will vary.

There is a rune called Nartun that has small Mana Regen for shield slot on it and when the spell is activated it slows the Mana drain way down. Been using the combo to keep health topped off and turn/on off as needed. For bosses I will keep up the entire fight and almost never have to heal with an item because the Regen is pretty fast. If it's a long fight you can pop a Mana stone and pump some Mana back to your bar.

I found a second Nartun rune in my next run and the effect stacks and it almost completely negates the Mana drain when put into a shield. The Sanctified huntress shield has 3x radiance runes, so for my umbral run I'll roll with 3 runes and you can essentially keep up health Regen full time and never have to worry about losing Mana. Even with 2 of the runes the Mana drain is super low you can almost keep it up full time.

Still have to be careful with burst damage, but being careful with your attacks keeps any pot shots topped off.

Last edited:
Had a super fun session today – about 3-4h. I'm letting myself level now and am having more fun.

Lock-on remains my biggest variable and source of WTF. Sometimes it locks on to some dude I didn't even know was on-screen many metres away – but the gurgling, cultic freak right in front of me about to bury a blade in my skull? Nah, he's in stealth mode, lol.

I'm still absolutely taken aback by the majesty of this game's Majula: Skyrest. My goodness, you cannot take a bad photo in this place; it's beautifully haunting...and in kind hauntingly beautiful. I love the sorrowful Witcher 3 Velen cello vibe too. Wonderful. The pics I take look like Frank Frazetta art or collateral of a top-shelf graphic novel.

The VA for Pietà is grating to me. Huge L, IMO, for one such principal char. Dunmire VA reminds me of Morgan Freeman, whom I don't care for per se but love whoever voiced Dunmire in this; as a preacher and fanatic of the Holy Order, dude nailed it and never went overboard with his lines.

Had a super fun session today – about 3-4h. I'm letting myself level now and am having more fun.

Lock-on remains my biggest variable and source of WTF. Sometimes it locks on to some dude I didn't even know was on-screen many metres away – but the gurgling, cultic freak right in front of me about to bury a blade in my skull? Nah, he's in stealth mode, lol.

I'm still absolutely taken aback by the majesty of this game's Majula: Skyrest. My goodness, you cannot take a bad photo in this place; it's beautifully haunting...and in kind hauntingly beautiful. I love the sorrowful Witcher 3 Velen cello vibe too. Wonderful. The pics I take look like Frank Frazetta art or collateral of a top-shelf graphic novel.

The VA for Pietà is grating to me. Huge L, IMO, for one such principal char. Dunmire VA reminds me of Morgan Freeman, whom I don't care for per se but love whoever voiced Dunmire in this; as a preacher and fanatic of the Holy Order, dude nailed it and never went overboard with his lines.
The lock on is awful. It really doesn't like to lock on to the umbral statues or whatever they're called.

The lock on is awful. It really doesn't like to lock on to the umbral statues or whatever they're called.

This drives me crazy! The enemy lock on is annoying, but when you're trying to bum rush a statue that is surrounded, you'll likely end up dead because it won't let you target if there is any enemy on screen, no matter how far off from the statue they are.

Yeah, I thought the VA for Pieta a bizarre choice. She speaks with no accent, you would think a game based on knights and magic would have some sort of English accent. Might as well hired someone from North Dakota, uff'da!

Yeah, I thought the VA for Pieta a bizarre choice. She speaks with no accent, you would think a game based on knights and magic would have some sort of English accent. Might as well hired someone from North Dakota, uff'da!
I was thinking consistency in English flavor would have been nice but then a couple chars reveal that Mournstead is worse off than other places around the world, that we’re in the middle of Earth’s bloodiest ruins basically. With many of our allies making clear they’re from other lands but have congregated at Skyrest or what have you in pilgrimage, it makes sense some sound Scottish (Byron), English (Damarose, Stomund), American (Pietà, Dunmire), French (Andreas), German (Gerlinde), Romanian maybe (Kukajin), and so on; these being their kingdoms loosely at whatever year this is.

Tempted to try an umbral build walkthrough with the new class I unlocked but damn. Unless I go back to Remnant or get AC6, I don't really have anything to play

Tempted to try an umbral build walkthrough with the new class I unlocked but damn. Unless I go back to Remnant or get AC6, I don't really have anything to play

Kind of in the same boat. I feel like I've given 2 good runs and don't need the final ending, but nothing I would start today. Mario RPG is this Friday, but told the wife I'd hold off as a Christmas present.

Kind of in the same boat. I feel like I've given 2 good runs and don't need the final ending, but nothing I would start today. Mario RPG is this Friday, but told the wife I'd hold off as a Christmas present.
Just do the umbral ending brother. I can't be the only one here who got it lol

AC6 is amazing. I almost never play a game more than once and I'm on my third playthrough. It's a toss up between that and Lies of P for my GOTY.

Skimming through the trophies. I've done 0 of the NPC questlines, somehow haven't killed every boss or visited every area of the game. Weird.

Skimming through the trophies. I've done 0 of the NPC questlines, somehow haven't killed every boss or visited every area of the game. Weird.
Did you find that one guy Visage in Saint’s bog area? Found him by accident and found that area very concealing in general.

Back