No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

sure, if "play" means go to yellow blip and then let it play itself via checkpoint/restarts, LIKE I SAID REPEATEDLY.

And you've REPEATEDLY been wrong/lying about it. You cannot progress unless you pass the choke points within a mission, much like GTAV. The game does not just advance you through missions without any input from the player, like you keep insisting, which is a laughably false statement.

Like I said though, you can opt out of the mission if you really suck and choose to skip a particular section that's giving you a hard time, but again, that's a far cry from what you're suggesting, that the game will just do it for you no matter what.

You also keep slamming the mission structure as a series of "go to the yellow dot", but again, how is that any different from modern Rockstar games? Specifically RDR1, the game you supposedly like? Oh' wait, it's not. You're just full of shit.

Prove it. Beat the first chapter of the game without doing anything, except initiating missions. Just put the controller on the ground, and let it play itself like you say it does, and post a video of it.

Prove it. Beat the first chapter of the game without doing anything, except initiating missions. Just put the controller on the ground, and let it play itself like you say it does, and post a video of it.

yeah, i stream. /s

yeah, i'm going to reinstall this POS after a year to prove something to an obsessed fanboy on a mma forum. /s

lolz @ you mentioning "sane person."

start the micah mission and walk away. when you magically progress, say nothing and pretend i'm just lying so your hateboner can commence.

also, lolz @ you posting how you can skip to the next checkpoint while disputing that the game will progress you without playing. pick one.

You don't get the option to skip a section unless you die, fucking repeatedly like 5-6 times over first.....

Jesus fuck you fucking cucklord stop talking about shit you obviously only played for 5 minutes and when the game forced you to learn mechanics you decided to ragequit like a bitch.

this is the guy who argued for 10 pages that a knife is a more efficient killing tool than a gun

<{ByeHomer}>

@HereticBD just slowly back away from the conversation because it will never end

yeah, i stream. /s

yeah, i'm going to reinstall this POS after a year to prove something to an obsessed fanboy on a mma forum. /s

Find a video then. Surely there must be many, considering it's such a glaring flaw, being able to put the controller down and have the game play itself...

start the micah mission and walk away. when you magically progress, say nothing and pretend i'm just lying so your hateboner can commence.

Let's say for a second that ONE mission does that. You're still doing exactly what I said you'd do. Take ONE tiny moment in the game that you had an issue with, and apply it to the entire 100+ hour experience, as if it defines it.

also, lolz @ you posting how you can skip to the next checkpoint while disputing that the game will progress you without playing. pick one.

I pointed that out, because I'm honest about the features in the game. You however want to pretend that you can literally just initiate every mission in the game, and beat it without any input at all.

You know who makes those types of dishonest hyperbolic arguments? Try hard contrarians/trolls.

You still haven't explained the VAST difference in mission structure from this and RDR1. You really fucked your whole troll job over by claiming to like that game, while complaining about elements of RDR2 that are very much prevalent in RDR1, like the traditional Rockstar mission structure.

You don't get the option to skip a section unless you die, fucking repeatedly like 5-6 times over first.....

Jesus fuck you fucking cucklord stop talking about shit you obviously only played for 5 minutes and when the game forced you to learn mechanics you decided to ragequit like a bitch.

wtf, i didn't even mention skipping... UNTIL heretic just mentioned it today. i didn't even know it existed until today.

derp.

this is as derp'd as heretic's argument that's disproved by heretic's own skipping claim.

this is the guy who argued for 10 pages that a knife is a more efficient killing tool than a gun

umm... because it is? again, it doesn't require ammo or etc, it's OBVIOUSLY more efficient.

and not as effective (which was the point). how dare i know what words mean, amirite?

Find a video then. Surely there must be many, considering it's such a glaring flaw, being able to put the controller down and have the game play itself...

Let's say for a second that ONE mission does that. You're still doing exactly what I said you'd do. Take ONE tiny moment in the game that you had an issue with, and apply it to the entire 100+ hour experience, as if it defines it.

no, i used it as an anecdote/example of why i don't even think it's a game.

you're again omitting the gigantic list of reasons i gave... a fucking year ago... that described why i think rdr2 is bad. you're ironically and hilariously and hypocritically doing what you just accused me of.

I pointed that out, because I'm honest about the features in the game. You however want to pretend that you can literally just initiate every mission in the game, and beat it without any input at all.

no, i never said "every." but funny enough, YOU pretty much proved that, yourself.

You know who makes those types of dishonest hyperbolic arguments? Try hard contrarians/trolls.

'EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE THIS GAME IS A TROLL!'

You still haven't explained the VAST difference in mission structure from this and RDR1. You really fucked your whole troll job over by claiming to like that game, while complaining about elements of RDR2 that are very much prevalent in RDR1, like the traditional Rockstar mission structure.

holy fuck. i even quoted myself showcasing the TWO PARTS of the problem... and laughed at you for omitting half of it, while pretending it's the whole. and you do it AGAIN.

i didn't criticize the linear structure - i criticized the linear structure PLUS the lack of skill/play.

you can't even read/comprehend the posts you're so upset about. AGAIN:

linear + literally no skill required = not a game, imo.

lolz @ STILL cherrypicking half of an equation and pretending it's the same as the full equation. ie: "exact same core structure"

umm... because it is? again, it doesn't require ammo or etc, it's OBVIOUSLY more efficient.

and not as effective (which was the point). how dare i know what words mean, amirite?
anigif_enhanced-21135-1418938299-10.gif

i literally just posted a picture from google, but okay you have the last word

QuickAstonishingImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif

no, i used it as an anecdote/example of why i don't even think it's a game.

No, you've been harping on that same point every time the topic comes up. You took one tiny part of the game you personally experienced(allegedly, anyways), and blanketed the entire game with that one small criticism.

It's like if you saw a glitched out rabbit throughout the entire game, and then proclaimed it was an unplayable glitchy mess. That's the kind of brain dead criticism you're lobbying at it.

you're again omitting the gigantic list of reasons i gave

Well, what were they? I'm not gonna scour this entire thread for a post you made somewhere in here. All I've read is you claiming it's not even a game, because you can just put the controller down and have it play itself, which is laughably false.

Other than that, you're oh' so detailed and nuanced criticism comes down to it being easy, with a very linear mission design. Which would be fine, if you didn't fuck your whole argument over by saying you liked RDR1, which has the exact same core structure. You went a little too far to spew your try hard hate(like you always do), and contradicted yourself.

By all means though, give me your "big" list of complaints, that has a little more meat to it than "That one Micah mission though!"

No, you've been harping on that same point every time the topic comes up. You took one tiny part of the game you personally experienced(allegedly, anyways), and blanketed the entire game with that one small criticism.

you're such a hypocrite.

you're the one that singled out ONE of my points and pretended it's the entire basis of why i don't like rdr2. ffs, you even omitted the other half of a literal equation with your false equivalency/(re)moved goalpost to rdr1 claims.

and worse, you REINFORCED it. i didn't even know about the checkpoint skipping. i find it astounding that you can argue the game DOESN'T push one along, regardless of play... when there's even an option to skip checkpoints. like, really?

By all means though, give me your "big" list of complaints, that has a little more meat to it than "That one Micah mission though!"

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/152055823/ - here, you attempted this same argument in a different thread. i pasted what i said in this one.

well, i'm officially sick of playing the "game" just because i stupidly dropped $60 on it. so i'm out.

i think it's a turd with $1B of polish. the mechanics are bad, the controls are convoluted at best and absolutely infuriating (why is L2 aim and R2 shoot... except when R2 is aim. and still shoot. wtf? why does L1 only bring up the weapon wheel when it feels like it, and other times you're just inexplicably SOL?) at worst (and worst happens kind of a lot). the sandbox element is odd. it's big, but generally pointless.

the missions are the worst and where the "game" becomes not really a game at all. they're basically impossible to fail. you can play as terrible as possible and still checkpoint through them. there's no skill/play factor. there's also generally no choice and they're basically on rails. it's just a gigantic movie that tries to make you believe you're playing a game. it's as if they made this specifically for the worst/laziest/most casual players that exist.

and that's not getting into the bugs/questionable AI/bounty/etc

rockstar clearly pumped a ton of $/resources into the graphics and putting easter eggs everywhere. i just wish they put 1/100th of those resources into making it an actual game.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/146118037/

cons:

controls/settings could be better (same with every other rockstar game, iirc, but rdr2's controls are convoluted, to say the least)
gameplay is still kind of slow/clunky (same with every other rockstar game...) - movement/action seems to have some sort of extraordinary response time, unlike other fps/tps that are faster/more responsive
button prompts

pros:

everything else.

9/10, so far

edit: sick of the way bounties are handed out like candy/there seems to be no point in evading and the game doesn't seem nearly as deep/big as i expected. additionally, the checkpoint system is retarded and i guess expects us all to be a bunch of big babies (intentionally played like a jackass and still incrementally passed a major mission - playing poorly shouldn't be rewarded)

downgraded to a 7.5. pretty disappointed. should have stuck to my 'never pre-order a game' principle.

edit 2:

6/10.

game is kind of bad. inexcusable problems/bugs/etc galore. just did a mission where inexplicably i was using the worst guns i have and i had no option to change them (L1 did nothing). so i reloaded the previous save and the same thing happened... so i ran to my horse to switch the guns to what i actually use and went back... and... SAME THING. the shittiest guns i have and ones i haven't used since day 1. wtf. so i played through it and dropped guns were fucking levitating. turned it off...

Last edited:
you're the one that singled out ONE of my points and pretended it's the entire basis of why i don't like rdr2.

It's literally the only argument you've made against the game, other than it being linear and easy, which again, is undermined by your love for RDR1, which shares the same mission structure...only that game is just as easy, far less robust, and even more linear...

So about that VAST list of complaints...nothin' huh? Probably because your VAST list of complaints boils down to 99 flavors of one basic point, like it being "easy".

Solid rebuttal. Very insightful. Totally doesn't reek of you being full of shit and frustrated that you're being challenged on your erroneous basic bitch complaints, or anything...

Back