No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Anyone still playing this? Beat it a while ago, but I play it everyday just to relax, go fishing, and explore the map....the game is so beautiful.
I beat it earlier this year and I still come back to do exactly that, I love going to the shows in St. Denis

I beat it earlier this year and I still come back to do exactly that, I love going to the shows in St. Denis
Havent checked out the shows yet, I'll have to try it out. I spend most of my time killing skinner brothers in tall trees, and the murfree brood near Annesburg. When I beat the game, I was only at 78% completion, so tons more stuff to do. I still cant believe how detailed this game is. Just finished the Aberdeen pig farm incest couple side quest.... there are over 100 lines of dialogue just for this quest alone. I've never played anything like it.

Havent checked out the shows yet, I'll have to try it out. I spend most of my time killing skinner brothers in tall trees, and the murfree brood near Annesburg. When I beat the game, I was only at 78% completion, so tons more stuff to do. I still cant believe how detailed this game is. Just finished the Aberdeen pig farm incest couple side quest.... there are over 100 lines of dialogue just for this quest alone. I've never played anything like it.
I like the shows because there is a lot of variety to them and they can even be interactive sometime, for example I was watching a stronglady (like a strongman cirus type) break stuff and all of sudden she is calling to fight anyone in the audience saying she'll make them the laughing stock of town for a week
I got beat down to say the least and I've been trying to get it back every since
I love this game and it's one of my favorites

I need to get this for my PC. I bet it's beautiful and runs quite a bit better than on my PS4 PRO.

i want to get this for PC, i do. i never finished it on ps4pro so i'd like to finish it with mouse and keyboard controls. but i might have to wait until they fix the launcher for now. but when it does run it looks amazing.

I still play this game on seXBox. I am waiting for them to fix the launcher issue on PC and then ill be buying it and re-beating it on a real system ;)

I just beat Red Dead 1 for the first time and downloaded RD2 - but it's taking forever to install. I left it for a weekend and it was only at 40%. Last night I gave it 12 hours and it only installed another 10% of the game.

Anyone have any tips?

I just beat Red Dead 1 for the first time and downloaded RD2 - but it's taking forever to install. I left it for a weekend and it was only at 40%. Last night I gave it 12 hours and it only installed another 10% of the game.

Anyone have any tips?

Get a faster internet connection. ;)

Perhaps the servers are extremely busy though, and that might be affecting it. Don't know. Do you happen to know your DL speed?

EDIT - Wait, is the download complete, and it's the install that's taking long, or is it installing as it is downloading? If it's just a slow install, it might be your hardware.

Get a faster internet connection. ;)

Perhaps the servers are extremely busy though, and that might be affecting it. Don't know. Do you happen to know your DL speed?

EDIT - Wait, is the download complete, and it's the install that's taking long, or is it installing as it is downloading? If it's just a slow install, it might be your hardware.

I proved unable to figure it out, my internet is the fastest I can pay for, it is at 98 percent now———/fucking aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I proved unable to figure it out, my internet is the fastest I can pay for, it is at 98 percent now———/fucking aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Have you downloaded any other games to compare? RDR2 is a gigantic file, but it shouldn't take days to DL on a half decent connection. For it to take like five days, you've probably got a pretty low internet speed.

You might also want to see if you have a data cap, which can go hand with a skimpy internet package. Nothing to with the speed, but you can get royally fucked if you don't know and all of sudden start downloading huge files that go over the limit. I don't know how it is where you live, but over here we've got plans as low as 25GB a month, which a game like RDR2 would fuck you without warning.

Have you downloaded any other games to compare? RDR2 is a gigantic file, but it shouldn't take days to DL on a half decent connection. For it to take like five days, you've probably got a pretty low internet speed.

You might also want to see if you have a data cap, which can go hand with a skimpy internet package. Nothing to with the speed, but you can get royally fucked if you don't know and all of sudden start downloading huge files that go over the limit. I don't know how it is where you live, but over here we've got plans as low as 25GB a month, which a game like RDR2 would fuck you without warning.

Right. Shit. I will look into that. I thought it was 350gb a month though

IM playing

Good game

Like that John marston is in it but not main so far, I just beat RD1 for first time before playing this so

I'm playing this on PC. I spend a little too much time riding around and killing rival gangs and bandits and hunting stuff.

remember when rdr1 held your hand and carried you forward through missions? remember when rdr1 had an option to skip ahead? remember when rdr1 had the L2 aim except not? when the weapon wheel didn't load? etc and etc?

it's weird how my criticisms levied at rdr2 don't actually apply to rdr1, isn't it? it's as if rdr1 was a better game, or something...

<Dany07>
I don't violently disagree, but I think RD2 was very, very smart for updating the controls the way they did. Gamers who criticize the overlap in gun controls with dialogue clearly didn't hear the interview with the chief programmer talking about how they wanted players to be deliberate about holstering their weapon and spending a decent amount of effort trying to physically control the character within the boundaries of the world (aka not waving your gun in the face of blank-staring shop owners or punching your horse repeatedly in front of a restaurant or kicking a chair in the corner of a bar)

Think of RD2's sticky control overlaps as "roleplay steering" because i'm pretty sure that's what they were, with a ton of "cinematic control" in mind. RD1 was much more utility, function over form, and that's why the multiplayer felt harder to many - everyone was up, rolling, back up and shotgunning faces from 50 yards behind a wall

I don't violently disagree, but I think RD2 was very, very smart for updating the controls the way they did. Gamers who criticize the overlap in gun controls with dialogue clearly didn't hear the interview with the chief programmer talking about how they wanted players to be deliberate about holstering their weapon and spending a decent amount of effort trying to physically control the character within the boundaries of the world (aka not waving your gun in the face of blank-staring shop owners or punching your horse repeatedly in front of a restaurant or kicking a chair in the corner of a bar)

Think of RD2's sticky control overlaps as "roleplay steering" because i'm pretty sure that's what they were, with a ton of "cinematic control" in mind. RD1 was much more utility, function over form, and that's why the multiplayer felt harder to many - everyone was up, rolling, back up and shotgunning faces from 50 yards behind a wall

I have yet to try RDR 2 online. How many people can be on the server at once? Is it like a mmorpg?

I have yet to try RDR 2 online. How many people can be on the server at once? Is it like a mmorpg?
you played rd1 but not the multiplayer? the multiplayer on rd1 is its own kind of masterpiece

they massively nerfed the interactivity of RD2 online public sessions by hiding player icons outside of major towns if friendly

you'd want to hit LFG for crew to run consistently, or if you're stuck solo you become a massive CRANE AND PELICAN HUNTER; GIMME YOUR MONEY BIRDS

Cabinfever_interior.jpg

they massively nerfed the interactivity of RD2 online public sessions by hiding player icons outside of major towns if friendly
they fucked up big time with the player icons/radar, in GTA you can double tap the dpad for an expanded map that shows player names, not to mention highlights your friends

coming from GTA i shoot first and ask questions later so if someone runs at me they're getting blasted which has gotten me bitched at by friends for killing buddys of theirs. likewise i've been killed by infiltrators after our posse disbands and you can't see their name until it's too late

they fucked up big time with the player icons/radar, in GTA you can double tap the dpad for an expanded map that shows player names, not to mention highlights your friends

coming from GTA i shoot first and ask questions later so if someone runs at me they're getting blasted which has gotten me bitched at by friends for killing buddys of theirs. likewise i've been killed by infiltrators after our posse disbands and you can't see their name until it's too late
Right but the trippiest part is that's the risk you take for anyone ever

Back