RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Crawford vs Spence 7/29 Showtime PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to see Bud vs canelo too but do you think canelo is any better than Spense? Or applying anything different?
Canelo is much better than Spence. Has a better set of tools and as we saw tonight has a better mind for the game. Only downside is he has a lot of mileage for a 33yr old.

Ricky Burns did better against Crawford than Spence. So did Mean Machine. Weird. Spence better not try the rematch.

Ricky Burns did better against Crawford than Spence. So did Mean Machine. Weird. Spence better not try the rematch.
He didn't fight Burns at welterweight though. But, if we're going that far back, then Gamboa also did better than Spence. He hurt Bud.

Im gonna add to this. So many folks forget so quickly.
Manny Pacquiao in 147 prime hit like a fucking truck and was NEVER in front of you. The only guy that figured out how to bait him was Marquez, and it took him 4 fights to do it. Very challenging footwork to deal with. Crawford is athletic enough to keep up but a lot of those shots he hit Errol with would be glancing at best with Manny running out of there after throwing his own 1-2 at weird angles.

Floyd? Shit he could stand right in front of Crawford and not get hit and counter the counter puncher. All you'd get is shoulders and elbows to punch in close and sneaky upper cuts you dont see to frustrate you and force you to make a mistake. And he had the patience to do that all night, until you make a mistake. Then, if he wanted to, (because he dictated where he wanted to take his fights) he could stand on the outside and pot shot Crawford while not getting hit. Those low jabs would be his domain like they were for Crawford tonight. It's just different levels. No slight on Crawford, but, leave Manny and Floyd out of the conversation.

Last edited:

Are you forgetting someone?

Jeff-Horn-Feet-5042263.jpg

Just got home from the press conference. Long, long day.

Thoughts: Crowd was garbage. It wasn't even half full until just before the main event. And even when they got there, the crowd just wasn't electric like it is on most big fights. I think that is because Mexican and Filipino fans are more passionate.

Card was boring as hell. The main event was a good one sided ass kicking, but the other fights put us to sleep.

ran into keith thurman at the mayweather gym before the fight. he was there to train. first time i really spent time talking to him. i was never really a fan, but he was pretty cool and great with the fans who were there, giving them all pics, doing homemade videos, etc.

after the fight i ran into my old friend joe joyce. always great talking to him. i know he gets a lot of hate, but he is a great dude

spence had no plan b

Crawford getting close to floyd's level IMO. Probably not there but close. Best boxer of his generation by far.

Calm down. Beating left overs and a hype job doesn't get you in the conversation with Floyd. Their resumes are not even in the same universe. Spence was always over rated with basic skills and abilities which he used well vs average opponents mainly from lower divisions. This was one of Crawfords easiest fights. A text book example of getting exposed.

Just got home from the press conference. Long, long day.

Thoughts: Crowd was garbage. It wasn't even half full until just before the main event. And even when they got there, the crowd just wasn't electric like it is on most big fights. I think that is because Mexican and Filipino fans are more passionate.

Card was boring as hell. The main event was a good one sided ass kicking, but the other fights put us to sleep.

ran into keith thurman at the mayweather gym before the fight. he was there to train. first time i really spent time talking to him. i was never really a fan, but he was pretty cool and great with the fans who were there, giving them all pics, doing homemade videos, etc.

after the fight i ran into my old friend joe joyce. always great talking to him. i know he gets a lot of hate, but he is a great dude

spence had no plan b
Cool story bro

Back