RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Garcia Discussion 4/20 8PM ET DAZN PPV

I've watched it twice and I dont know why 112-112 is my score again. I couldn't score what looked like a legal knockdown but wasn't called. and I took the one point off that the ref did.

I see lots of people (probably none in this forum) that ignored the point off.

I really can't see anything other than 113-111 garcia or a draw in this one.

I've watched it twice and I dont know why 112-112 is my score again. I couldn't score what looked like a legal knockdown but wasn't called. and I took the one point off that the ref did.

I see lots of people (probably none in this forum) that ignored the point off.

I really can't see anything other than 113-111 garcia or a draw in this one.

I only gave Haney 2-6. He looked in control there after that Ryan was just hurting him

I believe this was dazn ppv. and didnt matter if you paid for the app or not. I dont know if I'd even say to watch this. the way less talented of the two was able to do the one thing he could do over and over again.

Garcia's hook was a weapon but his variety of punches got the KO.

Arguably he's more talented since his defense is absurd and he's not a technical boxer but he handed an ass whipping to a less talented but more regimented and technically correct boxer - who happens to lack the less coachable talents of speed and power.

I only gave Haney 2-6. He looked in control there after that Ryan was just hurting him

Haney had 2, 3, 4 ,5 I thought. Garcia started with a bang and then just didn't offer much at all until r6. Just outworked and was going backward, not landing enough of significance in those rounds.

Then he turned on the heat and took over.

I believe this was dazn ppv. and didnt matter if you paid for the app or not. I dont know if I'd even say to watch this. the way less talented of the two was able to do the one thing he could do over and over again.

Ryan gets by relying on his high natural talent and abilities. Haney is the opposite, average talent, but extremely regimented work horse. This was obvious before this fight imo, which is why I thought it would be a competitive and very dangerous fight for Haney. So many slept on Ryans in ring abilities simply because he is a weirdo.

Unfortunately these two fantastic beings are still ripening, they are not at their most flavorful and that is frightening for our consumption. Something so delicious over stimulates and blurs the senses at it's zenith. Mr. Haney has a cortex that is malleable, but soft and pliable. The dendrites won't be able to take too much punishment in the future the way he fights. He will have to really work on his defence, the last 2 fights is indicative that he is there to be penetrated, Mr. Lomachenko and now Mr. Garcia sharply went inside of him a few times to soften his existence. At higher levels Mr. Haney's skill set won't be enough to attain his ultimate form, he will be absorbed by the top 5 in his respective weight class unless he becomes tighter.
Wtf did I just read 🤣

I rewatched the 7th a few times. and I take back my complaints. first non knockdown haney wiffed with a punch and then dove head first into garcia and garcia landed a punch on the arm while haney was already dropping to a knee.
second punched landed just before haney rammed into him and a bit of a push down but haney was hurt enough.

as for the point off clear break and garcia threw a punch. should have been a break in the action and a warning point off was maybe a bit much but the break in the action was needed.

that only excuses what I thought I saw in real time. I thought the first one was a missed knockdown but it wasn.t

Turning your back would be to fully turn and walk away. He just pulling all the way to his right.
It's legal and the tactic has been working.
yeah he just fully turned his back, which isn't legal. the rule isn't that you need to walk away, lol.

Haney had 2, 3, 4 ,5 I thought. Garcia started with a bang and then just didn't offer much at all until r6. Just outworked and was going backward, not landing enough of significance in those rounds.

Then he turned on the heat and took over.
Yeah that sounds right I was cheering Garcia on when he got the KD in 1st thinking its now or never. Then from 2nd Haney started jabbing his face off and I thought it was all over until Garcia somehow turned the tide.

I rewatched the 7th a few times. and I take back my complaints. first non knockdown haney wiffed with a punch and then dove head first into garcia and garcia landed a punch on the arm while haney was already dropping to a knee.
second punched landed just before haney rammed into him and a bit of a push down but haney was hurt enough.

as for the point off clear break and garcia threw a punch. should have been a break in the action and a warning point off was maybe a bit much but the break in the action was needed.

that only excuses what I thought I saw in real time. I thought the first one was a missed knockdown but it wasn.t

So you actually watched the fight and were entirely wrong?

I actually love that honesty.

There was a moment in the fight where Ryan turned his back as a defensive measure and Haney managed to land some hard hooks to the ribs/side.

Could that be a weakness of the philly shell defense? I imagine those hooks to the side would definitely hurt.

Also Devin Haney learned the hard way that if you clinch enough times the opponent has the right to clinch back. I wonder if Devin Haney had the capability/ability to weave in/out of clinches and land counters simultaneously or if getting into the clinch really does make Haney immobile until the ref decides to intervene.
It's less of a weakness if you actually know how to fight out of the philly shell which Ryan has no clue of

Flopping around and grabbing every second to avoid fighting is though
Depends on the situation and anything Haney does thats questionable is immediately erased as soon as Garcia hits him on the back of the head or leans on him pushes him down.

I find it odd how people are focusing on everything Haney did and ignoring all that Garcia did. Garcia committed much more blatant fouls in the fight and people are calling out Haney for things that aren't even illegal.

Depends on the situation and anything Haney does thats questionable is immediately erased as soon as Garcia hits him on the back of the head or leans on him pushes him down.

I find it odd how people are focusing on everything Haney did and ignoring all that Garcia did. Garcia committed much more blatant fouls in the fight and people are calling out Haney for things that aren't even illegal.
Ryan was pushing and hitting him in the back of the head because Haney was ducking his head and shooting doubles though. Haney literally running at him trying to clinch, Ryan was forced to push his head down to stuff the takedown. What Ryan did was the correct move, unless he has Lomachenko level clinch denial.

The only thing Ryan did wrong was turn his back a couple of times and obviously hitting Haney after the break.

110348-4065240.png

Reactions: Ruv
Ryan was pushing and hitting him in the back of the head because Haney was ducking his head and shooting doubles though. Haney literally running at him trying to clinch, Ryan was forced to push his head down to stuff the takedown. What Ryan did was the correct move, unless he has Lomachenko level clinch denial.

The only thing Ryan did wrong was turn his back a couple of times and obviously hitting Haney after the break.
Right and all Haney did was clinch a few times. Both fighters exploited the rules and until Ryan committed a hard foul, the ref was lenient with both.

There was a lot more than just turning away and the hit on the break. Lots of rabbit punches from both fighters, lots of pushing and leaning on Haney when Ryan had him hurt, etc.

Im from Philly -and that aint the Philly Shell. Its part of the Philly Shell technique fully frozen and twisted totally outta whack. Im still glad that nut job won -real crazy is much more fun than the WWE/Conor versions.

Back