Official UFC 178 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMAGF: How much of a worry do you find Eddie's concussion problems being prior to this fight?

So wait... You come out and say "Cerrone KO'd Barboza" I correct you for being wrong. Then you follow up and tell me I'm an irrational nut hugger then ironically you claim " Cerrone TKO'd Barboza" then RNC him..... W... T... F are you talking about? He dropped him, Barboza was on his way to his feet and Cerrone jumped on his back. How the fuck is that KOing someone? If you feel that was a KO then I agree, Cerrone has CRAZY KO power. I'm seriously laughing at you right now bro.

Now, I "completely neglect the reach advantage of Cerrone" do you know how to read? I've stated several times in this threads as well as numerous threads that I'm concernd with Cerrones Reach and low kicks, not so much his high kicks.

The only thing I've stated so far are FACTS. Eddie has more power and speed, Cerrone is not a KO artist.

Finally, the nail in the coffin " Friere is not the best fighter in the World" please go up and read my comments on Friere, this reach by you makes you look very desperate. The only comments I've made on Friere is that he should beat Held in a matchup that's basically a pick'em.

Now, please respond with some irrational shit about how I'm a nut hugger and there's no way Cerrone loses this fight.

First off I never saide Cerrone had KO pwoer, I said he had power to stop a fight. And if you daze someone and swarm them after that is legitimate MMA power. It's funny you make an excuse when Patricky gets knocked silly by Woodward you say that punch affected his BJJ.

I never said Cerrone was a lock to win, do i think he has a greater advantage in this fight based on his skill set yes. Do i think he will win? yes. Did I guarantee victory, no. so don't put words in my mouth.

But the real hilarious thing about your response is the fact that you have no idea the definition of facts. Everyone on this board are merely asserting their opinions. The things you have said are not facts, they are your conclusions based on how you percieve facts. Facts are things such as the sky is blue, the grass is green, not Alvarez has more power and speed. Why because power and speed unless measured empirically are your subjective opinions. So for you to try to guise your opinions as facts makes me no longer want to debate with you, because again you ahve the logic of a toddler.

Hmm, I'm not sure you can be qualified to rate the capacity of someone's logic skills until you divide the tracking of your results in your sig by 50

still mad that i called the scoggins fight...

we just disagree on the team. its normal
method=get&s=anderson-silva-12-26-2013-21-59-31-725.png

youre so biased its hard to take you seriously. youre acting like this fight should be capped -400. Everyone else seems to agree its close but you keep saying Alvarez has advantages everywhere and will demolish cerrone. no doubt then? how would you cap it?

yah

What.....? Are you mad that I disagree with you?

All I stated was that Eddie has the advantage in Boxing, Wrestling, Speed and Power. All very obviously. You or whoever I replied to stated Cerrone has an advantage EVERYWHERE. Whos more out of touch with reality I ask you? If Cerrone has the advantage everywhere why is it a 50/50 fight?

I believe Cerrone has a big advantage in BJJ, especially off his back and if he gets Eddie on his back Eddie is as good as done. I think if Eddie is on top he will win the ground exchange by GNP and playing defense. He won't try to sub Cerrone unless Cerrone is hurt. Cerrone also has the advantage on the feet if Eddie fights cautiously.

As far as the odds and what I would cap it at, initially when I knew the fight was final I was expecting it to be -230/+175 for Eddie. After hearing very logical breakdowns by a lot of knowledgable posters as well as my own beliefs I think the odds should be around -200/+150ish for Eddie. I think Eddie wins this fight 6-8 times out of 10.

First off I never saide Cerrone had KO pwoer, I said he had power to stop a fight. And if you daze someone and swarm them after that is legitimate MMA power. It's funny you make an excuse when Patricky gets knocked silly by Woodward you say that punch affected his BJJ.

I never said Cerrone was a lock to win, do i think he has a greater advantage in this fight based on his skill set yes. Do i think he will win? yes. Did I guarantee victory, no. so don't put words in my mouth.

But the real hilarious thing about your response is the fact that you have no idea the definition of facts. Everyone on this board are merely asserting their opinions. The things you have said are not facts, they are your conclusions based on how you percieve facts. Facts are things such as the sky is blue, the grass is green, not Alvarez has more power and speed. Why because power and speed unless measured empirically are your subjective opinions. So for you to try to guise your opinions as facts makes me no longer want to debate with you, because again you ahve the logic of a toddler.

Wow, you have the reach of Jon Jones. Officially ignored.

It's a fact that Eddie is faster. Lol even Cerrones mother would tell you that "Mr. Professional Handicapper"

MMAGF: How much of a worry do you find Eddie's concussion problems being prior to this fight?

Truthfully I don't think Eddie suffered a concussion. I think it was tactics he played to throw off Bellators first and only PPV event to fuck over Bjorn. I think it's pretty evident in the way that Eddie told Bjorn he only needs 2 weeks extra and he will fight chandler on the next card. Eddie was sticking it to Bellator the only way he had control over.

Wow, you have the reach of Jon Jones. Officially ignored.

It's a fact that Eddie is faster. Lol even Cerrones mother would tell you that "Mr. Professional Handicapper"

Lol, warning to all posters who think Cerrone will win. Don't talk negatively about Alvarez because RonnyB will run to the basement of his parent's house, jump into his bed and cry into his pillow as walls of posters of Eddie Alvarez shirtless surround him.

I'd say Eddie Alvarez having a weak chin and coming back off a concussion injury is a pretty big flaw that Cerrone can exploit?

Have you ever suffered a concussion?

I have. It's no joke...

I wouldnt go as far as calling Alvarez's chin weak, sure he gets dropped but his recovery is fantastic, kindve like Masvidal, hell get dropped but hes never badly hurt and recovers almost instantly.

What about YOUR STONE COLD LOCK Pacheco?

Get some right and you get some wrong...

Goreds you just going to trail me around waiting for a post to try to flame me, lurking like a lap dog?

...It don't phase me none.

12th man I appreciate your site as well as everyone else who posts their picks. I don't understand why anyone would speak negatively about anyone with a betting tips site (12thMan, EZFlyer, DezWalker, saminex). If you disagree with the bets, so be it. Nothing wrong with getting a different point of view to encourage or temper your bet. Sometimes I wish I could filter out the trash talk on these threads.

i have a betting tips site?

Personally, I think you go allin on Cerrone-Alvarez for that one. All-else equal, they'll give it to Cerrone-Alvarez because they always give it to Cerrone and also Dana wants to justify the money he's spending on Alvarez so having him win FOTN on his first show will make him seem like a bigger deal.

hrmmm, i do think that's the slight favorite of the two..

tho if you're going by reasoning (like tie-breaker things) -- could see them giving it to cruz, too, if fight is competitive...

tho if you're going by reasoning (like tie-breaker things) -- could see them giving it to cruz, too, if fight is competitive...

Think Miz v Cruz ends up with Cruz on his bike for 15 and Miz winging air punches while eating shots. Cerrone v Alvarez is a better candidate for FOTN just based on how they fight

thing is Dana is on Mcgregors d**k and I could see them giving him the bonus just to build up his hype for a title shot next year, the goat is a cash cow for the ufc with that big ass mouth and all that hype

thing is Dana is on Mcgregors d**k and I could see them giving him the bonus just to build up his hype for a title shot next year, the goat is a cash cow for the ufc with that big ass mouth and all that hype

It would be a joke to give a fight that is likely to end in under 1.5 round a FOTN, If Conor finishes Dustin by KO/TKO he'll ride that bonus home easily anyways.

Ah...but you also have to remember that Cruz is probably getting the same money he'd get for being on a PPV for being on the prelims so there's no extra motivation to bonus him better.

Essentially my point was, and I think you get it, is that if Cerrone-Alvarez and Cruz-Miz have identical fights, Cerrone-Alvarez gets the bonus.

Think Miz v Cruz ends up with Cruz on his bike for 15 and Miz winging air punches while eating shots. Cerrone v Alvarez is a better candidate for FOTN just based on how they fight

I think Romero/Kennedy could be a sleeper for FOTN.. +650 now, I think with Mcgregor/Poier and Cerrone/Alvarez this line might drop (plus both those fights could be over in round 1), if it gets close to +1000, I plan on throwing a stab at it..

Last edited:
Adam Martin - http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/ufc-178-fight-breakdown-eddie-alvarez-vs-donald-cerrone/

This is a really, really close fight and I can see it playing out in so many ways. Ultimately, though, I believe the fight will come down to the striking and while I do give Cerrone the overall edge on the feet, I believe in this matchup Alvarez can use his boxing to tag Cerrone on the feet and come away with a close decision. But it’s really close to call, and honestly, I think this fight is the definition of pass. Finding an edge here has been difficult for me as I can see either man winning, so unless you have a better read of the fight than I do, just pass this one, watch it, enjoy it, and look for other fights on the card to bet (there are many of them).

http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/mma-odds-and-ends-for-friday-ufc-178-props-to-consider/

Demetrious Johnson wins inside the distance (+100)

In the main event of the evening, Demetrious Johnson puts his flyweight title on the line against little-known Chris Cariaso. All respect to Cariaso but this is blow-out mismatch on paper and I expect it to play out that way in the cage. At +110, I see value on the prop of Johnson winning by stoppage inside of five rounds.

Conor McGregor wins inside the distance (-115)

In one of the main card bouts that is drawing the most attention, Conor McGregor looks to make it 4-0 in the UFC when he takes on Dustin Poirier in a featherweight fight. This should be a fun fight while it lasts but I don’t think that will be very long as I expect McGregor to run through Poirier and finish him in devastating fashion. At a price of -115, I think there’s value in the McGregor wins inside the distance prop.

Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes UNDER 2.5 rounds (+115)

In a women’s bantamweight fight, Cat Zingano returns from a 17-month layoff when she takes on Amanda Nunes. This should be a wildly-entertaining fight, and one I don’t see going the full 15 minutes. At +115, I actually see value in the UNDER 2.5 rounds prop here, as I think one of these women is finished within three rounds.

Takeya Mizugaki vs. Dominick Cruz OVER 2.5 rounds (-280)

In a bantamweight contest, Takeya Mizugaki welcomes Dominick Cruz to the Octagon, and, like most Mizugaki and Cruz fights, I fully expect this one to go the distance. At -280, I think the OVER 2.5 rounds prop on this one is worth putting into a parlay as I highly doubt there’s a stoppage in this fight.

John Howard wins by decision (+110)

And finally, in the opening televised preliminary card bout, John Howard takes on Brian Ebersole in a welterweight contest. This should be a close fight, a grind, and I’m expecting it to make it all the way to decision. Howard is the better all-around mixed martial artist and I expect him to get his hand raised at the end of 25 minutes. At +110, the prop on Howard by decision hold some value in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back