Official Women's Division Discussion #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time. I know Invicta is a smaller promotion, and that prevents them from putting on as many shows making it hard to squeeze title fights in, but even so, it's been well over a year since Honchak's last fight, and she's been quiet about a return, if ever.

Rin Nakai x Priscila de Souza at Pancrase 282.

Raika x Jin Hee Gun and KING Reina x Eriko at DEEP JEWELS 14.

I know Roxy always does cosplay at weighins; but I wonder what she'd look like with makeup, no glasses and her hair styled. Would probably make me say, "Who the hell is that?!"
images

Goddamnit! Cool story bro time: I had not properly woken up yet when I surfed Sherdog with my mornin coffee. And I accidentally clicked the first page of this thread, not realizing for the longest of time that the talks of Aldana's fight getting pulled was for Invicta 18.... almost had a stroke.

Really cool that Maia/Roxy was promoted to be about the undisputed belt!

I don't tune in to twitter or instagram for anyone's commentary on social issues or news events or social movements. .

That's why I muted Julie Kedzie. She just posts funny pics every so often, but most of the time it's all Angry Social Justice Warrior crap. Pretty much zero MMA stuff.

It's really annoying when they mix in politics and stuff into their feed. I don't mind some family stuff and inspirational stuff, but politics, religion, etc. is a great way to get yourself unfollowed.

Michelle Waterson does a great job with hers, she just uses it for MMA stuff and to promote herself.

I don't think the issue is that the belt is being vacated, it's that Invicta is publicly saying "stripped", and Honchak wasn't informed about the decision until after it was announced. That's lame. It's especially lame if Honchak was under the impression that Invicta was giving her time to sort out her issues.

zingano has no argument, most people think honchack has retired its been so long since she fought
I don't think the issue is that the belt is being vacated, it's that Invicta is publicly saying "stripped", and Honchak wasn't informed about the decision until after it was announced. That's lame. It's especially lame if Honchak was under the impression that Invicta was giving her time to sort out her issues.
Yeah, Cat seems upset that Barb had to find out online rather than getting a call or notified personally.

Damn that sucks. Hill dodges a bullet and gets to hold on to her title a little longer and annoy more 'doggers with her tweets :p (for the record I think it's Ok to have such discussions here, moderation should only step in if they start going on too long or too far etc. I like it when fighters show personality other than that of a PR drone although truthfully, political tweeting would almost never make me like them more... unless they're Izabela Badurek :p) (oh I forget, the purpose of WMMA threads is just to post pics of teh wimminz, amirite? :p)

Hopefully Mizuki recovers at least 99% from the injury, that would be terrible if she came back a shadow :(

Maybe Hamasaki could step up and save us and start a campaign to unify ALL the Invicta belts (she could, you know). But actually I'd rather see her go to the UFC, she has 2x the experience of the current crop of Atomweights and if she moved over there Atomweight would open up nicely amongst the developing fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back