Media Old videos of Sean Sherk

Underrated. He was always considered 2nd rate because pride nuthuggers thought, for some reason, the LWs in Japan were better. I always thought Sherk would have beat Gomi and most of those other guys due to lack of elite takedown defense, but we never got to see any of them.

Underrated. He was always considered 2nd rate because pride nuthuggers thought, for some reason, the LWs in Japan were better. I always thought Sherk would have beat Gomi and most of those other guys due to lack of elite takedown defense, but we never got to see any of them.
That's why he was never invited back. Those running PRIDE knew he'd beat Gomi.

th

sherk was the man. explosive, fast, great cardio, and of course very strong. nobody talks about him anymore, which is a shame, because what he accomplished was pretty damn impressive for a guy with no real martial arts pedigree, who had his first mma fight in his late 20’s. early on, he beat guys like parisyan and gamburyan, both then-undefeated judo black belts who had been training since childhood with gene lebell. by the time sherk lost to penn, he was almost 35. that’s right around the time mma was getting more popular, so it was the tail end of sherk’s career. he exited the sport having accomplished his goal of becoming champion, with only 4 losses, all to highly regarded ufc champions and p4p greats.

in another timeline, where sherk got into mma at an early age, he could have been a long reigning champ and been remembered as one of the very best.

I remember some people on here used to call him "The Hero of Time" because he won a lot of decision lol. But yeah, Sherk was legit

Broken ankle at 4:00 must have sucked. The kind of shit you risk to compete in some hole in the wall ammy event.

Dude who did it crying his eyes out is kind of funny, though. Least he feels bad.

Use to love his training videos. Sherk, Rich Franklin, and Kenny Florian where arguably pioneers of training MMA on a scientific/professional level (proper strength and conditioning coaches, hiring nutritionist, alternative sources of recovery such as massage/yoga/acupuncture).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back