Media Older fans need to accept that UFC is now entertainment 1st, competition 2nd

Yeah it's degenerating for sure (bloated, repetitive, lowering talent pool) an inevitable consequence of the sport getting more mainstream and being affiliated with ESPN and Disney along with the general fan base being unthinking yes-men(casuals) who are fans of the brand more then the sport.

It's a part of the overall trend of American culture in general too, is what it is.

It's not like other orgs presentation is any better though , I mean the most recent ONE event was fun and had variety but it's presentation was corny and frankly cultish.

Last edited:
he’s a terrible trash talker but I’m a fan of his fighting
As long as I don’t click on O’malleys YouTube videos I’m a fan.
I thoroughly enjoy O Malleys striking.

But he doesn't match up well with Aljo in terms of fighting or selling the fight.

Henry and Sean would have been a good show. They are both on the same page in terms of fight promotion amd relatively clever comedic trash talk.

Aljo is just not smooth on the mic... at all.

Tbh if anyone denies it being that way since the conception of TUF they haven't been paying much attention.

It's like that in every sport though. MLB changed a ton of pitching and hitting rules, not because of competition, because their current state caused things to be boring af. NFL rules cater to the passing game because that's what's entertaining and brings eyes. IIWII

And Merab probably got the bigger cheers stealing the jacket than O'malley and Alijo

Yes and no.

It's is a legit sport and run as one, while they try to maximize profit with the entertainment aspect.

Some fights will be based on merit, others will not be.

That way it still holds their legitimacy while they can occasionally just set up the big money fights.

That's how it's been for a long while now and it works best for their product. They're not gonna go full-WWE but it's not gonna be like one of those ball sports either.

Meh. There's been stunts like that dating all the way back. It's always been sports entertainment. It's prize fighting at the end of the day. People just have short memories and always reminisce about the past being better than the present.

O Malley in a title fight is gonna be a shit show.

Aljo ain't too slick with the words too, so I have a feeling he is gonna respond with angry temper tantrums
The little manufactured beef shit between O'Malley and Aljo was painful. "bring that sweet ass ova here!" o_O then awkward talking over each other bullshit, the kind of stuff you would here at a college dorm between two bro's who definitely don't have the balls to throw down.

Looking forward to it. CCC has nothing on the level of cringe that this will reach.

The little manufactured beef shit between O'Malley and Aljo was painful. "bring that ass sweet ass ova here!" o_O then awkward talking over each other bullshit, the kind of stuff you here at a college dorm between two guys who definitely don't have the balls to throw down .

Looking forward to it. CCC has nothing on the level of cringe that this will reach.
Aljo being himself is a higher level of cringe, imo, than Henry with a script and props.

Back