Older MMA Fans, did Crazy Horse Bennett have potential to be a threat in the UFC?

Idunno but my friends always used to hype him up because of that incident with Wand.

If he had a completely different brain, yes. One of the hardest hitters of his weight classes history. Drug problems and mental illness triumph over raw talent or physical prowess most of the time.
<mma1>

Last edited:
Krazy Horse was just interesting because he never took anything really seriously, then walked in and won a few fights. He probably had potential to develop any kind of skill, but after almost 50 you can't really say he's good at much besides striking kinda. Whatever potential he had he wasted after turning 20 with no dedicated camps to mma or specific skills. It's fun to see as a gimmick, but he was never very serious. Even the Wand KO backstage may of happened just because of sheer luck and maybe Wand underestimated him.

No , he hit hard & was crazy strong, his biggest asset was/is that he’s out of his mind , making him very unpredictable and dangerous.
But he wasn’t exactly good at anything, his Jiu Jitsu being particularly bad , I’m talking white maybe blue belt level of grappling, even if everything else was good you can’t make it to the top with a hole in your game that big

The guy seems active still despite nearing 50. He's quite fit still too but its apparent that his glory days have passed him ofcourse. I am curious if you think he had the potential to be a genuine threat in the ufc given his losing record and also the fact that the dude trained through with alcoholism and masturbation but he was never scared to scrap like a true BMF.

Do you think he could be a legit champion or does his antics and personality outside of mma garner him more legacy/what if points than it should similar to Lee Murray.
Yes. With the right match making yes.

Let’s say it’s 2005

Spencer fisher
Jens pulver
Josh punk

There’s some fun names

He was a Bobby Green, Kevin Holland, Melvin Guillard, Joe Lauzon, Rich Clementi level fighter. He could upset some guys in the top 10-15 on a good day but would normally lose to anyone in the top 7 and would normally be the underdog against most in the top 20.

Depends which question you're asking:

-Had be been in the UFC would he have been champion caliber?
He'd have needed a Forrest Gump level of lucky coincidences.

-Had he trained with more dedication and curtailed his lifestyle could he have been a world champion?
Absolutely!

for sure, he had the athleticism that could make a real difference. just not the guidance or drive to stay focused.
- charles bennet
- melvin guillard
- michael johnson
- bobby greene
all could be potential title contenders, just didn't add up that way for some reason.

Attachments

• Tyron.jpg
    Tyron.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
Some folks argue that if he had formal training and took the sport more seriously that he had some potential, but I never felt he was an upper echelon fighter. He had some natural ability for sure and did a few impressive things, but he isn't someone that I few as a someone that could've been champ or anything. He had a respectable career though and can be proud of what he has done. He entertained a lot of people.

No he was not good and no, despite what is always claimed he did not have any potential.

The dude's almost fifty and has been abusing himself for at least twenty years and he still looked pretty good in his most recent fight due to sheer talent. Fighters with less talent than him accomplished far more, so he was nowhere near his ceiling.

He's the epitome of "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".

Like someone else said he has one good on his resume, a fluke KO win over KJ Noons. Dude’s been submitted 25 times lmao.

Back